Sign in to follow this  
markcsoul

Are firesprays lacking compared to the other large ships?

This thread in a summary: I want the Firespray to be more like other ships. 

I dont want it to be the same as other ships, i want it to not feel like im kicking myself in the nuts to bring it.

It has a rear arc, but as other have stated the rear arc is overvalued because this thing has missiles and torps slots. You pay for those slots before you put anything in them, and since they cant be shot out of the rear you dont want them otherwise you feel really wasted not getting front arc.

I wouldnt say just give it rear arc torps/missiles, too simple/basic of a fix. Missile card that adds a dice in your rear arc for instance would be a good change.

Scum Boba is the firespray for me. Defensive rerolls are so clutch. I've tried Expert Handling for the barrel rolls which really help keep range 1, but the added stress kills it.

A new "Slave-1" title would fix that.

-- "Slave -1" your ship gains the barrel roll action (cost = 1 point)

Dengar is excellent becomes he comes with barrel roll. Right now putting engine on Boba for repositioning is slightly to expensive.

I also like the idea of a title that allows cannons and secondary weapons to be fired out the aux arc.

Here's a fun list that I just cooked up:

Mandalorian Merc [Tactician, Feedback Array, Attanni]

Mandalorian Merc [Tactician, Feedback Array, Attanni]

Kaa'to Leeachos [Cluster Missiles, Guidance Chips, Attanni]

The Mercs are a pain to deal with at R1-2 and are doing Focus/Evade or Focus/TL every turn.

Kaa'to meanwhile can TL/focus/focus for Cluster Missiles with GC to fall back on.

I'd be okay with a "Law and Order" pack. That introduced the Canon security patrol Firespray for imperials, new titles and toys, then some cards that worked for scum too.

The a scum ship in the same pack with fixes in it.

That's exactly what I was talking about above. What other scum ship would cross over though? Brand new ship?

Could bring the YT-2400 to Scum?

TLTs are what really made Firesprays endangered for a while.

Without TLTs on the map, even generic Firesprays with RecSpec are pretty decent.

It's just as I'v always said; Dam The Meta!

In X-EPIC Boba and all of the Firesprays kill and blast and bomb triumphant!

Sour ACE-Wing 100 points crap...  BLEH dat ain't STAR WARS!!!

:rolleyes:  :mellow:  :angry:

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

Honestly they're very pricey for what they do.  They get a ton out of the scum crew options which are excellent but only having one kinda sucks.  I kinda prefer the YV- it's easier to get value out of it.

Would a title or FS31 only mod that allows cannons to be used in the secondary help any?

This would probably be perfect, though maybe limit it to cannons 5 points or under so no HLC.

Would a title or FS31 only mod that allows cannons to be used in the secondary help any?

This would probably be perfect, though maybe limit it to cannons 5 points or under so no HLC.

I think it would be fine with no restrictions, you still have to worry about side arcs.

I think it would be fine with no restrictions, you still have to worry about side arcs.

Better be free! For imperials. Scum must pay.

Make it a cannon upgrade that allows you to equip another cannon at normal cost. Or maybe a torp upgrade so that only the Slave one can take it. Or make it a missile or bomb upgrade, maybe bomb, because the rear cannon is taking up the bomb chute.

I'd be okay with a "Law and Order" pack. That introduced the Canon security patrol Firespray for imperials, new titles and toys, then some cards that worked for scum too.

The a scum ship in the same pack with fixes in it.

That's exactly what I was talking about above. What other scum ship would cross over though? Brand new ship?

Could bring the YT-2400 to Scum?

It should be a scum/Imperial cross over. Scum, rebel or otherwise, are already working against the glorious empire. Besides, rebels are a ship up and scum keeps stealing all the empires good ideas!

I don't find a Boba Fett with EU, Tactician, and VI any less powerful than Fat Han or Superdash to be honest with you and he costs significantly less.

Problem is, that's about the only 'good' Firespray build. And it only works for Boba Fett because PS 10 is strong, and it only works for Scum Boba Fett because Imperial Boba has a substantially worse pilot ability.

But how many good YT-2400, E-wing, T-70, and even TIE Interceptor builds are there?

Many ships are pigeon holed into only a handful of 'good' builds. I think a lot of people overlook the Firespray; but between the aforementioned Boba build, Super Kath, and Attanni Mandalorian mercs... it's a very solid ship.

Interceptors do get pigeon holed. Soontir has 2 builds, do you take Stealth Device or Targetting Computer. Carnor Jax does see some play though, sometimes with PtL and sometimes with VI.

E-Wing is unfortunately in the same situation as the Firespray in that there is 1 good pilot, though he has 2 builds, either based on PtL or on VI.

Disagree on the YT2400 though. I've seen Superdash, Lone Wolf Dash and Determination Leebo as broad ship builds, with specific upgrades varying a bit.

So yeah, I take your point, some ships do get pigeon holed, but that's still an issue.

"No disentigrations" Boba is pretty fun, although I'm surprised were not seeing more Andrasta/Slave 1s given the Ordnance fix. Firespray is actually a great munitions carrier with either title. Give it time. Same reason no one's running YT-1300's these days. Everyones forgotten them for the new hotness or they got bored with it.

To answer the original question.  Yes they are lacking.

What they need...to start:

1 turns on the dial.

Native BR and/or boost.

Slave 1 title should add 1 torp/missile/bomb (your choice, along the lines of the Heavy Scyk) and that choice should be fired/released out of the front or rear arc.

Ship fixed.

Now to work on the Scyk

Firesprays suck imo. Lack of 1 turns hurts them. Also none of the pilot abilities are that great except maybe scum kath. Fett's scum ability should have been to fire cannons out the rear.

BOO%2BTOPIC%2B1.png

Thanks for this insightful rebuttal. You really contribute alot...

I often do...

;)

I think they are just 3pts overcosted right now. Just need either cannon out rear arc, or a title that gives them 3pts off a cannon, or 3pts off for a crew. That way they get recon spec for free or Mangler cannon for 1pt