Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Huge X-Wing sale at coolstuff

Actually at the rate things are going im fully expecting them to release when im on a business trip anyway, so i wouldnt be able to get my hands on them until mid-july. Granted, gonna be dumping about 300 bucks when i get back but o well i have a good job lol. Buying a ferret (or any pet) will drain your pockets faster than most games (definitely have never spent as much on any pet as i have on 40k....)

Now, I need to figure out how to whittle down $300 into... something much smaller.

Dear god man. I think the most i spent at once was ~210 which was when i bought both the imperial huge ships and decimator (yay 10% off card!)

Keyword: at once. I justify my spending more when i space it out....by a week rofl. First month i started playing i probably dumped 400 bucks over the month lol.

Edited by Vineheart01

Hi everyone, I actually just registered due to this sale. So I still HAVEN'T really played that much. I am a total newbie.

That being said, I do enjoy playing alone and collecting the ships.

I have:

Rebel:

3 T65

1 T70

2 Awings

2 Bwings

2 Ywings

2 T95

Falcon

Imperial:

5xTie

2xTie FO

3xTie int

1xTie adv

Slave I

Where do I go from here? I am lacking in my imperial ships.  I don't have any interest in Scum.

Actually at the rate things are going im fully expecting them to release when im on a business trip anyway, so i wouldnt be able to get my hands on them until mid-july. Granted, gonna be dumping about 300 bucks when i get back but o well i have a good job lol. Buying a ferret (or any pet) will drain your pockets faster than most games (definitely have never spent as much on any pet as i have on 40k....)

Now, I need to figure out how to whittle down $300 into... something much smaller.

Dear god man. I think the most i spent at once was ~210 which was when i bought both the imperial huge ships and decimator (yay 10% off card!)

Keyword: at once. I justify my spending more when i space it out....by a week rofl. First month i started playing i probably dumped 400 bucks over the month lol.

When I discovered a flgs I went slightly berserk. When I got my first cc statement the first 6 entries were from the flgs. Nothing on it was just one expansion + tax. I needed a reality check. Then I realised that before I retired my gasoline expenditure was more than my house payment I felt better.

Amazon Prime still beats this, unless I spend $100.

Getting it up to $100 is what kills ya.  Prime is better individually, but when I priced out a CSI order at $103, the same order would've been $156 on Amazon.  The savings are definitely there if you buy in bulk!

Should'ah known our boy Crabs would of had this up... I did look before I made this post in off Topic.

GOOD OLE CSI!!!

:)

Got the whole dam Wave 8 AND Gon-Gon-Zee-Lahhh number tree all for one-0-four-bucks!

REB%252520GHOSTNDV.png REB%252520PHANTOM.png   SCUM%252520PUNISH%252520ONE.png SCUM%2BMIST%2BHUNT.png  IMP%2BADV%2BPT.png  IMP%252520TIE%252520FIGHTER%252520BLUE.p IMP%252520GON-ZILLAH.png IMP%252520TIE%252520FIGHTER%252520BLUE.p

Order #CSI-2257444

1 - X-Wing: Punishing One Expansion Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $18.49 each

1 - X-Wing: Mist Hunter Expansion Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $12.49 each

1 - X-Wing: Inquisitor's TIE Expansion Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $11.29 each

1 - X-Wing: Ghost Expansion Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $29.99 each

1 - X-Wing: Imperial Assault Carrier Expansion Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $34.99 each

$107.25 - SubTotal

-$3.22 - Customer Reward 3.00% off Non-Singles

$0.00 - Standard -- Free Shipping

-------------------------------

$104.03 - Total

GLORY!!!

:lol:   :wub:   :D 

You guys might want to zoom on over while it last... they got a lot of the small expansions for $7 too... wow-just-great!

^_^ 

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

hmm...i should have added another defender. Dont intend to run 3 defenders....ever...but matter of principle about running the red one when its not Glaives or Ryad :P

I was considering the same thing.  What if I want to run triple ion Deltas?  What if I want to fly a bunch of them in epic?  What if I just need one as a desk model?

edit:  Also, you can email them and they will be more than happy to add on to your order.

Edited by HolySorcerer

Eh i dont really see a point in trip ion defenders but i sure as hell see one for 2tractor 1ion or viceversa.

Theyre all firing at the same PS and per the rules, simo fire only comes in if the target could shoot but died from initiative. Tractors fire first, pulling/rolling into a more favorable position and docking agi for the ion users.

Trip deltas with TIE/D, 2Tractor, 1 Ion, would be 95pts. 5pts to throw around (probably mk2 engines or a hull upgrade on the tie/d)

main reason i wont do that: i will fire DEAD LAST every turn. Yeah...no...3agi isnt going to keep them alive for long.

Edited by Vineheart01

hmm...i should have added another defender. Dont intend to run 3 defenders....ever...but matter of principle about running the red one when its not Glaives or Ryad :P

edit:  Also, you can email them and they will be more than happy to add on to your order.

This. CoolStuffInc has some of the best customer service.

I can't justify a large purchase, but even getting a few small ships is worth it, even with shipping. I don't know if I am happy or sad that the Raider isn't included in the sale, which is what I really want but shouldn't justify at even sale price.

literally the only reason i have a raider is because i dont work at some random grocery store and im single. So im not rolling in dough, but i have more money for toys than most. If i had a gf, theres no way i'd be able to get away with that much on one model.

The looks i get when i tell people my Warhammer 40k Ta'unar Supremacy Armor is ~360USD after conversions is hilarious rofl.

i need a gf...lol