Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Dakotan

Revamped Regionals List Ideas

So I tried out Boba + Troopers and lost hard to a Beast Machines list. And it was my opponent's first time ever playing IA. So I figure my Boba list is out. :P

I revised and this is what I came up with and made for a much closer game (even though both of my reinforcements cards were at the bottom of my deck :P )

Elite Royal Guard
Elite Stormtrooper
Elite Stormtrooper
Elite Probe Droid

Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Rule by Fear

The eGuards were awesome and kept the bantha stunned from a semi-safe distance. They also helped a lot to keep my troopers around longer. I like the eGuards. I'm not interested in regular royal guards at this point. 

I was thinking however I could tweak it to this: 

Elite Royal Guard
Elite Stormtrooper
Elite Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

The Probe droid was ok, though I think a group of rTroopers could be just as effective. My only hesitation with rTroopers is they get shredded by HKs and Banthas. But more bodies on the board is a good thing.

Thoughts? 

If these lists end up failing me in testing I might just have to swallow my pride and resort to something with a Bantha. :P

As of today's Bespin release, you might want to consider the possibilities of the new deployment/ command cards you might encounter or use. For Imperials, E Isb units are worthwhile to consider. Or Cross Training, for 1 point, is interesting to attach to a rTrooper squad. A white die defense option is useful, but opening up the Spy command cards for use is really nice to have in a trooper list.

This is at least what's on my mind at the moment, as I have a regional tomorrow and next weekend. Honestly, this is just a starting point of things I am considering for possible Imperial list adjustments. We shall see...

If you want to keep synergy and even consolidate some more, you could drop the e Royal Guards and bring in some E Winguards and a temporary alliance. Boom, more reinforceable troopers and you can even give them cross training. And some of those spy command cards are insanely control/throw a wrench in your opponent's plans good! For one (or two if you got a second copy) points you can run spy troopers (or 2 squads) and use all those command cards :)

Yep. I'd take eWing Guard + Temp Alliance + Officer for the cost of the eRoyal Guard.

More activations, more bodies, heaps more damage, more troopers, more recover, and defensive abilities. 

Or you could swap 2 of those 3 officers for a nexu or an Ugnaught perhaps (though I'm not convinced they are any good). 

So I did end up getting a game in with list 1, the probe droid one. It was against a Beast Machines list and it was really close. It may have gone my way had Grenadier, and both Reinforcement cards not been at the bottom of my deck. :P

But I really liked the eGuards. Though eWings could fill a similar role... though I really like having at least a couple figures with 5 speed. Losing that 5 speed really hurts when you're needing to grab tokens... 

The eProbe did work too. One-Shotted a full health Nexu using Hunter Protocol.