clontroper5

Whats Your Username Orgin Story?

On other forums I often use "Big **** Heroine", as a woman and a Firefly fan.  Here I just used my middle name, which is cool since it sounds kind of "Star Wars-y".

Named after the titan goddess?

That's right! :-)  Knowledge and Light.  As a follower of Athena it works well for me.

P.S. Sorry, hadn't been on in a while.  The occasional bout of sexist spew that pops up around here from time-to-time keeps me from coming around much.

Although I'm german, my username has nothing to do with that.

I'm not even from the Rheinland but from eastern germany.

My username comes from the bad guys in one of the greatest space games ever - Freelancer!

Still waiting for a sequel :(

Someone got irritated with not being able to outdo it and asked aloud in the music room on a rainy day, "Alright, who the **** is Vix?!" to which the words, "Eh." were spoken.

That's reminded me of a very similar time when we had a rainy day at my school and all played Quake in one of the language labs. I was destroying most of the people in there who were either just non gamers or used to consoles and people were getting really frustrated trying to find out who I was!

Surprisingly fun topic.

Mine is boring. It's parts of my name mushed together with a bus number. Designed to be relatively forgettable.

It's actually my Google+, Facebook and Twitter name.

My name in the real world is Tom.

Officially my name is Thomas Kemp (no relation to Martin Kemp or Ross Kemp.....that I know of). Joined my first and last name together to form Thokem. You'll hear it pronounced properly when I start making videos as I've made the "K" sound different.....just to be more odd.

As to the rest of my username, I took a close-up photograph of my eye as a momentary solution to boredom. Played around with editing it until it looked weird. Hey presto, I've got a profile photo! Literally the Eye of Thokem.

Edited by Eye of Thokem

There was a 3D RTS game in '99 called Machines, on the back of the jewelcase was a little phrase "Wired 4 War" next to a screen shot. I picked it up and have used it for every game, forum, or account ever since.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:27 PM, Rheinlander said:

Although I'm german, my username has nothing to do with that.
I'm not even from the Rheinland but from eastern germany.

My username comes from the bad guys in one of the greatest space games ever - Freelancer!

Still waiting for a sequel :(

Me too! Gawd that game was good.

I started as oni back in the deep dark days when the internet was forming, and I choose 9 when I need a random number. 0-9, tadah.

Back in high school we had a short story writing assignment, so, naturally, I did Star Wars.  But I also sucked at naming things, so I went through a novel I had recently read (Han Solo at Star's End) and nicked a bunch of secondary character names.  Later a new student introduced me to roleplaying, and I just reused the handle from my short story's main character.  Did the same when the internet arrived, and it has stuck ever since.

Named a custom map in smash bros brawl Jukeyfrowpono, just pure word salad. I liked it enough to make it my video game gamertag. Everyone online shortens it to Jukey, and thus...here we are.

Mine comes from a few years ago, when the wife and I started to go to the HMGS shows in Orlando. (Best gaming cons I've been to in years, by the way, with everything from hardcore naval play with Seekrieg, to X-Wing and Starship Troopers)

I'm English and living in South Florida, so when someone started calling me a Limey during a game, I carried on with it.

If The Limey is taken, I often go with CaptCarrot.

I was making up a sci-fi mercenary character as a kid, and basically butchered the word "laser" really hard.  Started using as my screen-name a few years later.

I later learned that "Alzer" is the name of a high-end hotel in Istanbul, which I find amusing.

my name is christian huntsinger, I go by cj though.  during school, when we'd log into our computers, it took the first letter of our first name and combined it with our last name, thus "chuntsinger".  I've used it so many times that it's just common now so here ye are

My mom used to call me her Ogre- I was 6' tall at 12 years old, as an aside- as a term of endearment.

Grey Ogre was a magic card, and known for many years as being the 'average' for its cost to use ratio as a creature. So my gaming handle for FPS etc was often Grey Ogre.

Grey Knight was my communications handle- didnt know about 40k yet, but hey, its cool- and Grey Mage became a common forum handle. Kinda depends on what I think of what Im getting into. This is all brains stuff here, so it gets the Mage.

So when I started on the FFG forums last year, I was only playing X-Wing, and I was always Rebels. So my username used to be RebelPilot2016. Then I started to get into Armada, and the Imperial ships... so now I'm ImperialCaptain2017. Who knows, maybe by next year I'll end up as a bounty hunter :)

56 minutes ago, solaria said:

according to the novelization of the BSG pilot (Saga of a Star World) the last battlestar Destroyed near Cimtar Was the battlestar Solaria.

Don't you think that's a bit ominous?

Edit: Since I'm posting in this thread I might as well tell my username's origin story, though it really is nothing special. I once tried making an email address that would be anonymous. I tried nobodyinparticular, but it was already taken. As a homage to said failed attempt, and again in a desire to remain anonymous, I chose it for use here. It also happens to be a nice name for discussions, since any argument I make or opinion I give is merely an opinion that anybody could have had. The only thing it isn't good for is 'liking' a post, owing to the possible interpretations of 'NobodyInParticular likes this'. Indeed, had I added spaces to my name it could have gotten very confusing. . .
I was going to put a disclaimer on my signature, but just when I decided to, they removed them. So I shall put it here:

If NobodyInParticular 'likes' a post, it means I 'liked' it, unless you are a troll, in which case nobody in particular liked your post. :)

Edited by NobodyInParticular