clontroper5

Whats Your Username Orgin Story?

I was thinking about how people end up picking their username and thought it would be interesting to hear some stories about The Diverse usernames that grece these forums.

Weather it is as simple as the name of your Favorite character or as complicated as Modified Latin that loosely translates into your favorite Attributes I Would like to hear it:)

I will start!

So the first time I used Clontroper5 was about 10years ago. (Wow a FULL DECADE) I was 9 or ten years old an my friend and I started playing Runescape. Being a Star Wars fan and at the Time completely obsessed with Clones (this may or may not have worn off...) I chose the name Clone Trooper and since 5 is my favorite, Clonetrooper5. But I'm a 10 year old boy and let's face it I still can bearly Spell so what came out was ,clontroper5. I realised it was incorrect after some time but after attempting to Remedy my Spelling error for a different account and finding CloneTrooper5 taken I went back to Clontroper with reasoning that if I leave it misspelled it will remain unique, and I have NEVER ONCE had to adjust it since the name was taken so I consider that a Win! :D

Btw I am exceptionally curious about a few specific users...

Lyraues! Drasnighta! Ardaedhel!

I'm calling you guys to share yours:P

I reveal that secret only when Drunk.

The last time was back in March '00, at the Sergeant's Mess at East Sale RAAF Base.

They had Dollar Pints and .50c Shots.

Half a Point if you can work out Why were drunk on that day.  

It was a big deal in that corner of the world, after all...  But I dare say the Northern Hemisphere barely noticed.   

I love cats :P

and my cat is a psychotic moron. Infact Psycho Kitty was my username in videogames for ages, until I realised that there are other people already with that username in some games.

So I decided to change the Psycho to Schyzo. Still in line with my cat's personality (name of the cat is Taco) and no one uses that one around.

So if You see a Schyzo Kitty in your Steam, LoL, Vassal or World of Tanks games, that's probably me

I love cats :P

and my cat is a psychotic moron. Infact Psycho Kitty was my username in videogames for ages, until I realised that there are other people already with that username in some games.

So I decided to change the Psycho to Schyzo. Still in line with my cat's personality (name of the cat is Taco) and no one uses that one around.

So if You see a Schyzo Kitty in your Steam, LoL, Vassal or World of Tanks games, that's probably me

Hey a new face!

Nice to meet you Crazy Kitty! :D

I tried to sign up as Trizzo. It's my nickname.

But it would not send verification to my email.

So now i'm Trizzo2.

But now i want Trizzo134. That is the name on my Armada shirt.

I'll never be happy now :(

Courtney James Karamol + my birth year. It was easy to remember at the time.

see these are them names I'm always the most curious about!

I always look at g1735tk3 or what ever and think "did he get his pass and user mixed up?" :P

When I was young I loved anything about dinosaurs as much as I loved Star Wars. As I got older that interest lessened but I still enjoyed the Jurassic Park/World movies, as well as King Kong, Godzilla etc.

My favourite dinosaur has always been Tyrannosaurus Rex.

So my username became Tyrex Kem.....

..... which predictive text turned into Tyres Kem.

Kem is from letters in my name but I'm not telling you which.

Edited by Tyres Kem

I'm a Fantasy AND history enthusiast, so I picked the name of a (Fantastic) character from Arthurian literature:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Knight

It's been with me for a couple of decades now.

from the article

"His true name is revealed to be Bercilak de Hautdesert."

So I now have to call you Hautdesert :P

(I pronounce it Hot-desert)

Edited by clontroper5

My username goes back to the dawn of time.

When the interwebz was first created, we had 2 public computers in the barracks that people could sign up for.  I decided to create a hotmail email account.  My first name is Rocco.

So i tried that. (Already taken)
Thinking back to a nickname that had stuck from high school, during this time, Rob Schneider's SNL character was popular, Rich the Copy Machine Guy. So, Rocco goes well with a host of suffixes: (Roc) meister, ster, Rocco Suave (see here for all you young people), star etc, etc.

Rocmeister (my classic favorite was also already taken.

I switched up to Rocmaestro. (already taken. **** THESE CRETINS)

...but Rocmistro...ah, sweet sweet Rocmistro.  That was available.  And it has been pretty much my online handle ever since. 

My username was quite simple there was a little show from Japan in the 70's called Space Cruiser Yamato over here it's called StarBlazers anyway I really liked the show and since it had the Yamato Battleship(my all time favorite Battleship)I had to see it.

So in the second season with the Comet Empire they introduced a character called Captain Gideon who was the commander of the Earth Defense Fleet.

I don't know when it really started but it was several years ago when I started using the name Captain Gideon on the internet and many sites where I sign in I choose this name and it stuck and I'm happy with the name.

Michael

Many moons ago this happened and it stuck with me how dumb the whole thing become when the family could not work it out or that the Fed pointed an automatic at a child when they could have handled it differently. I think I was a bit more inventive towards the whole deal at the time but I needed a name for Xbox live and it was the first thing I thought of, seeing my normal name for gaming and stories was taken (zerodawn). So the name stuck with me for many of years and many times when something new comes out I steal the name Cubanboy first before anyone else or some different version of that name.  From time to time I think of Elian and the I pay a little respect to his family. So that's it.  I do feel like a jerk for it but I try to make amends for that.

AP_elian_gonzales_raid_01_jef_150421_4x3

Edited by Cubanboy

Old Half Orc Barbarian character from D&D when I played decades ago.  Just started using it as my login for every video game I play...no one else uses it so I get to keep it across multiple platforms. 

Seems I was called out on this and I only found it now. . . hmmmmm

Well, Lyraeus, Myscio, Sileo, Lysenis, and Maji are all characters in a book I have been working on. They are used in many areas, forums, and games I play as I write this book. 

Lyraeus just happens to be a planner and a commander in the book so it makes sense for me to use that here. 

Ever notice that little rat guy next to a Jawa in the Mos Eisley Cantina? Yeah, his name is "Reegesk," and had a story in Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina. While I had no sentimental attachment to the character at the time, I was about twelve/thirteenish (oh crap, twenty years ago) and needed a Yahoo e-mail name. And I misspelled it. And realized it years later. After having this stupid screen name across multiple platforms.