Sign in to follow this  
voidstate

Yavin Open Pregistration. A Polite Reminder.

With just one day to go, only 43% of squadrons have been preregistered. That means an expected delay of 3.5 hours before we can start playing X-Wing.

I know this because of tournament organisers have made a neat web page which tells you how much progress has been made.

Three and a half hours...

...plus people finding their seats and getting set up.

I really don't want to sit around for that long, waiting for a huge queue of hundreds of last-minute sign-ups to be processed, and I'm sure most other players don't either. So, if you haven't pre-registered yet, can I beg you to please submit your squadron by tomorrow.

It's dead easy. Don't be put off by the long, detailed PDF they sent out. It takes approximately 2 minutes. Just follow these 4 steps.

Thank you

Edited by voidstate

A quick update from one of the TO's on the day:

• Pre reg name and faction by Monday (This is so they can pre populate TOME)
  • Fleets can be changed up to 24 hours before pre reg closes, at which point they need to print them
  • If you change your fleet after pre reg closes (which you can do) then you will need to say so on check in so a new fleet list can be generated

Pre registration isn't a benefit, it is the only way to run such a big tournament. UKGE would not even consider taking another open without it.

Get on it guys!

Edited by KMitchell

I'm planning on putting mine in on the weekend. Still need to decide which list to take...

Pretty sure you don't have that long - I think online registration and the portal closes tomorrow (26th)

C

I thought that was just for buying tickets?

Nope, tournament pre-registration closes tomorrow.

I don't know when ticket sales close, probably not until the day given that the tournament isn't full yet - but pre-registration is important make sure you do it and soon.

The email from the Games Expo said that their ticket sales stuff goes offline tomorrow. No mention of the X-Wing preregistration deadline anywhere I can see in anything they've sent us.

Not that I don't believe you, but the fact that they haven't made it clear that there's a deadline means that I can't see them getting as many people preregistered as they need. :(

I'm pretty sure you will only have received information about the pre-registration from UKGE if you have already bought tickets.  Or, you know, you look on the UK FB group, or here.

I just checked by the by, the Regional is full, and Yavin has only 63 spaces left out of 512.  Next weekend is gonna be a BLAST.

I just hope I find some time to actually attend the con itself...

Edited by thespaceinvader

Ah no: I have tickets and pre reg information. But the pre reg stuff has no deadline on it and the email from the Games Expo about the portal closing only refers to not being able to get tickets to events any more. Which is why I'm hoping a lot of people who are going see this thread!

I'm preregistered! I'm not going, but that doesn't mean I'm not preregistered. 

My mother is preregistered either. She's never even heard of the game.

There are untold millions in Africa who are preregistered!

A preheated oven is cold.

Ah no: I have tickets and pre reg information. But the pre reg stuff has no deadline on it and the email from the Games Expo about the portal closing only refers to not being able to get tickets to events any more. Which is why I'm hoping a lot of people who are going see this thread!

The deadline is on the page where you enter your squadrons: https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/customer.php

This form allows you to submitt your data for taking part in both the X Wing Regional and The Yavin Open.

The Yavin Open is the largest single day X Wing Tournmanet in the world and as such it presents some particular logictical challenges. While we will try to ensure a smooth running of all the tournamnets this can not be achieved without your help. Entering your data accurately and in a timely fashion will mean we can import it into the Tournamnet Software in advance saving a great deal of time. Thank you for helping out with this.

• Please ensure all the names are correctly spelt and are the real name of the person taking part
  • No Nicknames
  • You can come back at a later date and edit the information.
  • The last day for editing or submission is 26th May

The link to that was provided in the email that was sent out back in April. As was said before though, it looks like for a lot of people it ended up in their spam mail folder for some reason.

So the only mention of the deadline is on the page you have to go to to do the thing you didn't know the deadline for?

I foresee some issues with this.

No, it's in the PDF they emailed to all participants on 14 April.  That's where I found out about it and that's why I registered last week.