Sign in to follow this  
The Jawa That Shot R2

The Boat...The facts

The boat clearly does not have white 4K turns for when it missed

It has NO turns what'sover, and all maneuvers are red except for white full stop,  so when it got stressed due to unpacking the blisters and imagining the meta, they had to wait for some time until another ship with Boatman EPT came along and cleared the stress

All new Rogue One pilot spoiled!  Can you guess what he pilots?

Ondaboat

PS 0

Ability: When you reveal your dial, flip it back over and assign yourself a stress token.  Then reveal your dial.  When you reveal your dial...

Actions:  Target Lock, Focus

Cost:  Your patience and pre-order money

I have no shame or sympathy.  Retain your licensing!

Still better than Gee Dubs xD

So I have been looking into this "on the boat" thing. Container ships travel at about 23 knots, which is around 27 mph. The imperial veterans have been on this boat for the last 2 months(ish). If we call that 60 days, that is 1440 hours. In that time the boat should have covered 38,880 miles. The earth is only 24,901 miles around. I think it missed the first time and decided to make a second pass? It's only 7,232 miles from China to the USA. It should have hit the USA for the 2nd time at 32,133 miles. This leads me to believe that it missed a second time. So...if we figure that it missed the second time approximately 6,747 miles ago, we have about 18,154 miles to go before it hits the USA for the 3rd time. At 27 miles an hour that will take about 28 more days (past the 60 day point). So, Imperial Veterans will ship on June 28th. Unless it misses again! :D

Did you account for stops for refuel and supply? If not we're pretty much looking at a ghost ship.

I like to think that pirates nabbed them and that there's a village in Somalia filled with red tie defenders.

Watch out Paul Heaver. Team Somalias gonna kick some ass.

Edited by Xerandar

I just realized.... The Imperial Veterans went on the boat in March.  

Imperial Assault's Bespin Gambit, plus 4 blister expansions were ANNOUNCED in March.  And I picked up my copies yesterday.  They have gone through EVERY phase of development since March.

Imperial Veterans is STILL on the boat. 

Imperial Assault's Bespin Gambit, plus 4 blister expansions were ANNOUNCED in March.  And I picked up my copies yesterday.  They have gone through EVERY phase of development since March.

Announcement isn't really a "stage of development," so Bespin was probably much further along when it was announced.

and this is the real problem that is what makes customers mad. it shows they can get it done. and regardless of what some people want to keep defending it as uncontrollable the truth is its a choice by ffg. whether it makes sense to hold back product or not they do it.

Maybe they don't want to drop an expansion that could upset the meta of a largely popular game while Regionals are still going on worldwide? Also... wave 8 didn't come out that long ago.

Other than that, you only get one chance to release a product. FFG makes a ton of games, including other games with expansion.

If they release everything at once some of the news will get lost. 

BTW: X-Wing miniatures are molded in multiple pieces, glued together and painted. Small IA figures are a single soft plastic piece. Guess which one of those is easier to manufacture.

Edited by Polda

Maybe they don't want to drop an expansion that could upset the meta of a largely popular game while Regionals are still going on worldwide? Also... wave 8 didn't come out that long ago.

Other than that, you only get one chance to release a product. FFG makes a ton of games, including other games with expansion.

If they release everything at once some of the news will get lost. 

BTW: X-Wing miniatures are molded in multiple pieces, glued together and painted. Small IA figures are a single soft plastic piece. Guess which one of those is easier to manufacture.

yes that is true about manufacturing. however we were manly talking about the BOAT here. the getting it done with IA is just another part of the flaw. managed to get TFA stuff on time with a hard release date well ahead of time. yet other things are constantly held back. I still think it would make more business sense to have a release date announced then have fake updates.

I am now officially famous! This topic was mentioned on a podcast! Somehow I can't remember the name of the show....since they forgot my name :D ! Go Mynock Squadron podcast!

On another note, while part of me wants this expansion to come out ASAP, the other part of me wants it to ship on the 28th so we will never really know if it in fact missed the West coast twice...

12 knots would be a more realistic speed. Add in port delays and the fact that FFG tells the distributors to wait until everyone's ready so they can do a simultaneous release. My FLGS has many times told me they have things but can't sell them yet, or their distributor has things and can't sell it to them.

Edited by moppers

The real problem is the International Date line.  When they crossed it the first time they got confused thinking they had lost a day, so they turned around to find it, once found turned around again and promptly lost it again, thereby starting the search all over.

and this is the real problem that is what makes customers mad. it shows they can get it done. and regardless of what some people want to keep defending it as uncontrollable the truth is its a choice by ffg. whether it makes sense to hold back product or not they do it.

It just shows that with IA they are much more realistic about when to announce. 

If X-Wing doesn't get an article for a week people are ready to riot.

People don't care when it's released, but the constant delays and lack of info is what is annoying people. If they said Vets is going to be released in October, it would be annoying butt hen at least we would know. All this speculation and delays is bull****

I was going to edit it as a space in between the wrong letters made it hilarious to me...

Edited by Archangelspiv