Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

Intensify Forward Firepower Episode XXI: Wave 4!

http://www.wwpd.net/2016/05/intensify-forward-firepower-episode-xxi.html

http://iff.podbean.com/e/episode-xxi-hold-the-door/

In episode XXI of Intensify Forward Firepower, DT, Dano, Easy Machine and Skyshuffler hastily regroup in the conference room of the Flesh Star Destroyer to discuss two new threats on the scanners. Wave 4 approaches and the crew does not hesitate to blast away at the Interdictor, while redirecting shields towards the Liberty. Tune in for their fast take on the latest Armada preview from FFG.

INTENSE5.jpg

I'm not saying its bad at all - honestly, I think its great - it gives validation to a lot of the thoughts that get kicked around in isolation in the subforum - because you guys talk about the same things we do without even looking.

But I wish I could answer some of your questions :D

If two effects are the same timing for different players (IE, your Hyperspace / Grav Well question) is actually answered in the rules...  But yeah.   :D

Edited by Drasnighta

"If both players have effects with the same timing, the first player resolves all of his effects with that timing first."

Yeah, I guess it seemed like the objective's effects aren't a player's effects, but both player's effects? I guess that answers it. BTW, don't leave us in the dark! Answer us here so other readers don't have to go hunt!

"If both players have effects with the same timing, the first player resolves all of his effects with that timing first."

Yeah, I guess it seemed like the objective's effects aren't a player's effects, but both player's effects? I guess that answers it. BTW, don't leave us in the dark! Answer us here so other readers don't have to go hunt!

The objective card is calling out a player effect - First player does this, Second player does this, and that becomes the players effect.

That's all :)

People are still arguing the G-8 vs Engine Techs.

I am not getting my hands dirty on that one.  :D

**** you guys got that out super fast. Interdictor pulled the Flesh Star Destroyer out of hyperspace with the quickness.

I guess that "whenever we feel like it" release schedule gives you the Liberty to do things like this!

Well played sir, well played. 

Veteran Gunners:

Raider-II, when you want to take something other than leading shots (like a better Ion cannon)

Victory-II, for above.

AFMK-IIs, because you don't have Red-Die Mods anyway.

Because Leading Shots is awesome.

But sometimes you want something in your Ion Slot that'll mess with an opponent.

...  like a potential Ion Cannon that might be exhausting Upgrade cards...

Edited by Drasnighta

there where really funny parts in this episode, that had me looking like a crazy person I'm sure, at my desk at work. Also though so many rules or preview card moments where I just wanted to give you guys the answer but for obvious time and space laws I couldn't. Usually one or two of those but a little more frequent than usual in this one. No disrespect though! Love the show your guys' chemistry is spot on and knowing how much effort goes into a podcast I appreciate the show.

6 Weeks from Initial Teaser to first In-Depth puts us on or around July 1st, I calculated previously in another thread.

I was going off peoples overriding assumption that IFF casts bring good news our way. 

Something could happen this week though.