Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

The Thing in the Depths is shipping now, by the way

Master Blacksmith seems strong to me. Look at his stats with a war equipment attached. You put that in a Gondor deck with Leadership Boromir and Visionary leadership, and you have a serious ally for 3 resources.

Won't be a bomb early game, but mid to late game will be very respectable.

Hi guys. The cards spoilers are here, on a french forum:

http://sdajce.forumactif.org/t5812-cycle-6-la-chose-des-profondeurs#107541

Very Low resolution images but i managed to translate as best as i can.

Gear Of War

Tactic attachment

Cost 2:

Item Weapon Armor

Attach to a Warrior character.

Gear of war counts as 2 restricted attachement.

Attached Character gains +1 +1 and +2 hit points.

Forge Master

Tactic ally

3 cost

Response: After you play Forge Master from your hand, if you have paid all the resources from the resource pool of a single hero, attach a Weapon or an Armor from your hand or your discard pile to this hero.

Wisdom Of the Captain

Leadership Event

Cost 0

[Resource Action]: Exhaust a Noble hero you control to add 2 resources to this hero resource pool.

Unteried Guard

Lore Attachement

Cost 0

Condition

Action: Exhaust a Ranger or Scout Character to give attached location -2 Threat until the end of the phase.

Evenses

Spirit Event

Cost 1

You can only play this card after the stagigng step.

[Quest Action]

Choose X Hobbit Characters you control engaged to the quest. Ready all chosen characters and remove them from the quest. Then reduce your threat by X.

Edited by Valiko33

I think you can commit to quest your hobbit heroes. Then play Evenses to ready your heroes and then commit them again with your hobbit ponies.

Edited by Valiko33

War Equipment is perfect for Erkenbrand. A defense boost and two extra hit points to cancel a couple more shadow cards before you have to heal him.

Tireless Guard is great for Idraen - you quest with her, clear the active location with Lorien Guide or Steed of Imladris, and then after staging you exhaust her to reduce the threat of a pesky location by 2. Before, there wasn’t quite as much of an incentive to clear the active location when she was questing.

If Tireless Guard really doesn’t have a limit, then it could prove especially useful on 4-threat (or more) locations that you don’t want to travel to. And it makes any 0- or 1-willpower Scout or Ranger characters slightly better during the questing phase.

Tireless Guard is also a soft solution to location lock - assuming you have the allies to support multiple copies of it.

I’ve been playing with a proxy of Eldahir, and he’s outstanding, especially in a Dunedain deck. 

Master Blacksmith seems strong to me. Look at his stats with a war equipment attached. You put that in a Gondor deck with Leadership Boromir and Visionary leadership, and you have a serious ally for 3 resources.

Won't be a bomb early game, but mid to late game will be very respectable.

He isn't a Warrior. Don't think he can receive war equipment.

War Equipment to me is actually a really really good card. This is 100% because it can go on allies as well as heroes. 

They do have to have the warrior trait but I can think of several great targets for this attachment.

First one that comes to mind is the ally version of Gimli. Gimli already has sentinel, 2 defense and 3 hitpoints and whats more he has an inbuilt readying effect so that he can both quest and attack/defend. With War Equipment he becomes a 4 defense, 5 hitpoints defender with sentinel. This is pretty impressive. He would also have 3 attack which would make him insanely flexible and an extremely good all round ally. Quest with him each round, ready him from his effect then he either defends or attacks like a champion at more or less the same level/stats that a hero would. 
It works extremely well on Hama or Gamling turning both into 4 defense 4 hitpoint walls.

Possibly the best receiver is the Gondorian Spearman we have had since the core set. Yes he can only do 1 point of damage while defending rather then the 2 he could do if he had spear of the citadel attached HOWEVER with war equipment he is a 3 defence, 3 hitpoint ally and will actually be able to survive attacks of up to 5 attack strength rather than dying the second an enemy attack has 2 or more attack strength. If this is not extremely useful I don't know what is!

Defender of Rammas becomes a 6 defense, 3 hitpoint defending machine and his number 1 weakness (1 hitpoint) is removed. 

Defender of the Naith becomes a bit more playable/useful. 
Henneth Annun Guard is another great recipient for this attachment and becomes a decent defender this way as well. 

Warden of Helms deep becomes a 5 defense, 4 hitpoint wall with sentinel. 

It is also fantastic on Guardian of Rivendell.
Longbeard Sentry becomes a much better defender.....

Pretty much any ally with the warrior trait that is normally used to defend OR could become a much better defender with +2 def and +2 hitpoints is a fantastic recipient for this attachment. This attachment is amazing for decks that utilise allies as defenders more so than heroes or really any decks that use several of the allies mentioned above. 

Its actually not bad on Tactics Aragorn either as it puts him at 4 attack, 4 defense and 7 hitpoints. Due to his in built ability that reduces enemy armour higher attack is not really as important and War Equipment turns him into a very capable defender while also buffing his attack a little. So long as he is not your main or only offensive hero/option he makes a fantastic emergency defender.

Edited by PsychoRocka

If Tireless Guard really doesn’t have a limit, then it could prove especially useful on 4-threat (or more) locations that you don’t want to travel to. And it makes any 0- or 1-willpower Scout or Ranger characters slightly better during the questing phase.

Oh shoot, I never noticed it didn't have a limit! That changes things, because you can use one copy of Tireless Guard and multiple Scouts or Rangers to get a bigger bonus. Still not quite sure it's worth it, but it's certainly more intriguing...

@PsychoRocka, I think you added one to the defense bonus of War Equipment; that might make it a little less attractive. :P

I'm generally with you though--I think War Equipment is best used on defensive allies. My personal favourite recipient is the Defender of the Naith.

I hope it can be used on allies, because it is not clear at the moment to which sort of warriors it may be attached.

Sorry but there is no ambiguity at all, it is Perfectly clear.

Attacher cette carte à un personnage Guerrier --> Attach this card to a Warrior Character.

100% sure.

You can have Warden of Helm Deep defending everywhere at 4 and have 4 hit points. Pretty strong. :wub:

Edited by Valiko33

War Equipment : Attachment - Tactic - Cost 2 - Item/Weapon/Armor

Attach to a warrior. Count as two restreint attachments.

Attached character gains +1 attk +1 def +2 hit point

I did not read the description anywhere else, and I don't know french. So, to this moment, it wasn't clear to me. Good that it can be attached to any warrior. That'll make it hella useful. And also playable with that blacksmith pretty well. Too bad he can't outfit himself, becoming 1/2/2/4 :D

I'm generally with you though--I think War Equipment is best used on defensive allies. My personal favourite recipient is the Defender of the Naith.

Seems like a strange choice. I guess you just bounce all the other Silvans instead?

Defender of the Naith and Watcher of the Bruinen both potentially become usable for multiple defences with +1def and +2hp (The Watcher could also attack for 2 once you're done). Ally Boromir is a great option - at 2def he'll probably still ready most times, the extra hp will let him do so more often, and if he takes damage and readies each time then he can attack for 4 at the end.

My favourite possibility though would be if a Tactics deck were to play it cross-table onto one of my Veterans of Osgiliath in this deck. Between 40 threat, Boromir, Visionary and Narya on top of the attachment (plus an extra ready from Faramir), they can quest for 3, defend for 4 with 4hp, and attack for 6.

I'm really curious what the exact English wording is going to be on Master Blacksmith. Like I'm going to assume that if you sneak attack him in, his Response won't trigger. Ditto with playing him via Stand and Fight.

I feel like if he had the Noldor trait he would be amazing, but as Gondor he is just alright. Makes me wonder if they are ever going to create any craftsman specific events/attachments in the future.

The card must be attached on the hero which allowed you to pay the 3 required resources of the Master Blacksmith. You cannot attach it to another character.

A lot less useful. Dang.

Oh and I haven't checked if this has been mentionned before but you have to pay the 3 resources from the resource pool of a single hero.

So best case is you have a Tactics hero, pay 3 resources from the hero and attach a Citadel Plate for free (from your hand or discard pile).

Edited by banania