Sign in to follow this  
beowolf777

How many ships do you plan to get for your fleet?

i have no size limitation. my budget does and as prices go up my fleet expansion does. but i have full squads(12) of tie, defenders, interceptors. half squads of all rebel small ships(6) and 2 of every big ship including epics just havent acquired a second gonzati  yet  

yep i do the same thing as Franch but then the various ace packs and epic ships increase my totals!! i also used to round up if it was an odd number. Also i am a sucker for clearance sales and or somebody getting out of the game and selling stuff dirt cheap!! 

Edited by Swedge

I think I'm about done.  I've got a lot of ships.  I don't really need too many more.  I'll buy new ships when they come out....but I might skip some.  I did skip the YV-666 and have not really felt like I needed it since then.  

There is the slight chance that I might buy another Y-wing, A-wing, and B-wing.  That would give me a total of 3 of each of those ships.  I would only need it for Epic or games like that where I would want more than 2.  I almost never play Rebels, so it would just be so I had enough of the ships to run Epic stuff on my own.  I'll have to see how things go with that, though.  

Honestly buying one of everything seems the way to go. That gives you one of all the ships at leads, but generally 2 or 3 in some cases. Having eventually 3 T70s, or 3 T65's, or a regular Ywing and a Scum one to do double duty, is well worth it.

Also it gives you the right number of cards it seems. Imperial Aces and a Awing gives you three PTL. Just about what you want. Same with a bunch of other cards. Extra Munitions, Turret weapons, All of them.

After that you can specialize. Need that extra Awing for a 4th PTL? Need that extra Jump Master?

I have 55 ships currently, with 4 on pre-order (2x Imperial Veterans).

My buying "strategy" is:

No scum ships

1x each Core set

1x each large base ship expansion

2x each small base ship expansion

2x each Aces/Veterans expansion

Exceptions have been an extra couple of Z-95 Headhunters and TIE Fighters, only one TIE Adv. Prototype, and I bought the huge ships that come bundled with small ships then re-sold the huge ship stuff as I don't like Epic. I'll only get one of the Heroes of the Resistance too, because I have absolutely no use for extra YT-1300s and T-70 X-Wings.

I consider myself to be somewhere between "buying the minimum" and "excessive buying". I guess a moderate buyer. I can fly anything that doesn't involve excessive duplication/spamming of a particular ship or upgrade.

@Chucknuckle - I feel that 3 of each should get me everything that I would need and I just can't say no to anything that they throw out there. So that is my weakness! I never read any of the books, but if the world of Star Wars keeps getting bigger than I am all for it. If you want to stick with OT then I salute you!

@Joe Boss Red Seven - Oh yeah! Already replied on page 4!

My posts certainly get as big as your call to arms!

:D

I think I'm about done.  I've got a lot of ships.  I don't really need too many more.  I'll buy new ships when they come out....but I might skip some.  I did skip the YV-666 and have not really felt like I needed it since then.  

There is the slight chance that I might buy another Y-wing, A-wing, and B-wing.  That would give me a total of 3 of each of those ships.  I would only need it for Epic or games like that where I would want more than 2.  I almost never play Rebels, so it would just be so I had enough of the ships to run Epic stuff on my own.  I'll have to see how things go with that, though.  

DAM-YOU... YES... YOU... WILL!!!!!!

swx57_box_600.png

swx57_box_600.png

I dunno....I've never flown the first Falcon that I have.  Why do I want another one?  I'm just not into the big ships so much.

swx57_box_600.png

I dunno....I've never flown the first Falcon that I have.  Why do I want another one?  I'm just not into the big ships so much.

:angry:

BOO%2BTOPIC%2B1.png

Plan? Who plans this stuff? I have a simple flowchart:

Payday > Pay Bills > Fix Truck > Fix House > Should I buy Something for my Bride of 20 years? > Do I still have money? > Yes > Buy X-Wing

Well, ok, that is the optimal plan.  Sometimes the "Buy X-Wing" part moves up the chain in mysterious ways.

I plan to have at least one of everything someday.  I'm in no rush to get there.  I am as prone to buying an Epic ship as I am a TIE Fighter.  Someday soon I need a Gozanti.

I plan on at least 5 Kihraxz Fighters.  I plan on at least 4 StarVipers.  I plan on at least 12 of each style of TIE Fighter.  I plan on 12 A-Wings (which probably means I'll end up with 7 more Kihraxz Fighters than I intended unless they put Crackshot in more places). I plan on at least 3 YV-666s.  Heck, I even want to get a half-dozen M3A Scyks, because someday they are going to be awesome (that day is not today)! I need more Most Wanted, but I'm not sure how many more boxes I need, probably 2 more. 

I plan to play more Epic.  I plan to play more tournaments.  I plan to teach more people how to play and let them use my ships.  Ok, so maybe I plan more than I realize...

So I guess to sum it up, quite frankly, to quote Mal Reynolds, "I aim to misbehave!"

I just hope I can do it for the rest of my life and still enjoy it as much as I have for more than a year now.  If I reach benchmarks of 500 or 1000 ships and FFG is still producing the game, I will not be sorry.  To be honest, I could pay the cable company more money than this per month and in 20 years I will have spent more hours sitting mostly alone in a dark room instead of meeting friends I never knew before and talking across the table to people who enjoy at least one thing I enjoy.  Plus, I'll have a collection to show for it, not just another cable box in a long line of cable boxes.  Hopefully I'll have picked up some friends along the way.  

I actually scared myself a little when I did the tally. I have 87 total ships. Interestingly I fly Imps the least yet have the most (39) Imperial ships. TIE Fighters are by far the most with 15. I plan to add another few ships soon (TIE f/o x2, Imp Vets, Mist Hunter, etc). I have at least 1 of every ship.

My main problem as I keep buying them is trying to justify the extra purchases. My time is finite, and I really only play X-Wing once a week. So my desire to own all of the things is constantly butting against the practical part of my brain that wonders if I'll even be able to use everything I already have. Is it worth $15-40 to buy a ship that I'll only actually put on the table once or twice?

swx57_box_600.png

I think I can tell you why: There has to be at least one mission in there and it probably even is good! Might even have a TFA campaign...

I currently have one of each Rebellion/Resistance and Empire/FO expansion and set, but no Epic ships. I like the pace I'm going at... I have enough ships that I can introduce new players to the game, but not so much that I have to spend too much money on storage. However, I just moved back to Indianapolis, and I'm budgeting for GenCon as if I'll be paying for lodging (I won't). All that extra money is going into starships and starship accessories. So we'll see how I'm doing after that...

swx57_box_600.png

I think I can tell you why: There has to be at least one mission in there and it probably even is good! Might even have a TFA campaign...

AND... IT'S THE MF'ing MF!!!

:lol: _heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif REB%2BYT-1300%2BNTFA.png _heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif   :wub:

How anybody that Loves STAR WARS can give this baby a "Meh!" is beyond my capacity!!!

IMP%2BDROID%2BRA-7%2BPT.png IMP%2BR-4%2BAGRO.PNG *?!

I plan to buy one of everything. I'm currently short about seven ships and rebel aces. I do have two imp aces. That's my only dup. I may buy more dups after I have everything

As a new player, this is my philosophy as well. I've started with the ships I think are cool and gone from there. After that, I consider dupes based on squads I would like to build. Since I primarily play casually, there isn't the same pressure to get the current meta ships.

Currently at 63 Small, 18 Large, 4 Epic - got everything except the Raider...still can't make up my mind about that one [and the space it takes up, as much as anything].

Wouldn't mind another YV to do in the Moralo paint scheme, and maybe another Goz to do as a Hutt cargo conversion - not sure there's anything I want just for cards, except to get Integrated Astro, but that will be taken care of below...

Will almost certainly get a HOTR, which will make 4 FFG YT-1300's [plus other kit conversions], with the vague hope that the new generic is 25pts or less, just so once I can put 4 [proxied] on the table for a laugh!

See my sig below - not sure I ever spent so much on camera gear in such a short space of time [6mths], though! - well, maybe once :wacko:

EDIT: got the 3rd GOZ - mini only, for £13  :)  - will see how much work I get this week and see if I can manage the YV, too...and maybe another GR-75  :unsure:

EDIT2: got the 2nd GR-75 - same deal, mini only, £13...but no work, so there goes some savings!

Edited by ianmiddy

See my sig below - not sure I ever spent so much on camera gear in such a short space of time [6mths], though! - well, maybe once :wacko:

Yeah, but just one lens that I want would pay for about 5 years of my X-Wing habit... or at least I hope I'm not spending more than that in 5 years!  Obviously, I'm not saving up for that lens... I'm just glad my work pays for all my camera needs (and they blink at the big lens too, so I have about zero chance of ever getting it because I can't justify using it every single time I go out).  

EDIT: Scary doing the math... if I bought one or two more ships per month, I would reach that number...  :blink:

Edited by Grayfax

10months then buying first core, basically for the kids' sake. And playing at home casual (lacking time to really go to meetings, mostly due to family and work constraints).

35ships now :huh:

Tyring to buy only when stuff is on offer - got some things really, really cheap.

Trying to restrain a bit, so far no epic, neither TFA stuff (i await them splitting factions and timelines). Neither bought a Defender, which is nice now that Imp Veterans is coming.

But mistakes were made:

-recently A-wing on offer, bought one although I at first never wanted to have due to scale

-having an itch to get the Rebel transport (cool for scenarios and painting)

-have 5 Khiraxzes :)

-now here is an E-wing on offer, although I at first did not want have that ugly thing

But then I like to paint and mod.

And X-wing is really harmless compared to my Man o War collection (340 ships if counting in all scratchbuilds and proxies) :lol: