Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viewtiful_Joe

Forum Renovations

3 posts in this topic

Over the past couple of weeks, I and a good few others hae been coming up with ideas to try to make the UK UFS forums a more lively place, to spread word of mouth further and make people more aware of UFS' existence and grandeur. I have believed for a while that word of mouth is a great way of  creating new players and playerbases, and is also a great way of restoring lost faith, in showing that the community is well worth sticking around for.  Our community has fallen far too silent of late, and I think it's about time we changed that. The internet is a great way of spreading the word, as such, and therefore our forums are a great place to direct people who show the slightest bit of interest, or, at least, they should be. Having spoken to a few people about this, we've collectively come up with a few fantastic ideas to put forward, and hopefully more of these will come to fruition than not:

• A regular top 10 list for people to post their own lists onto, such as favourite foundations, characters, attacks or most hated of the above.
  • A playtesting blog to see the interactions between 2 characters for people to comment on.
  • A learn-to-play video that teaches new players how to play and to have somewhere to direct those people to start the ball rolling.
  • A video that displays the sort of games or tournaments that occur to show people in plain sight how they go.
  • Character discussions that mirror those of the General Discussion boards, but specific to those who play in the UK with the occasional US input rather than the other way round.
  • More frequent tournaments, and therefore more frequent tournament reports
  • Registering tournaments under forum name rather than real name, to improve number of people registered on the forums.

These ideas are to name a few, and any other suggestions are more than welcome, anything that makes people want to post on here more often. Besides, it's less a way to talk about UFS as it is a way to talk to eachother in general. :D

If I could get my Camera wired up to my computer I woud do some videos off matches between different characters and demo's, just need to get my Camera sorted is all.

Viewtiful_Joe said:

I have believed for a while that word of mouth is a great way of  creating new players and playerbases, and is also a great way of restoring lost faith, in showing that the community is well worth sticking around for.  Our community has fallen far too silent of late, and I think it's about time we changed that.

Because that's probably the best part of this game.

Also, I think we need more general articles posted up on here. Even a "card of the week" would be good for discussion.