Sign in to follow this  
DukeWellington

Leadership Denethor

Okay, I have only been playing with this guy for a short time but it's obvious that this guy is one of the best heroes in the game. 8 threat in purple is automatically amazing (hence Sam being so good), his extra 2 resources at start is literally like playing in easy mode, his in game color fixing is almost as good for three color decks as Grima, giving the Gondor trait a suprise boost, and even his noble trait has given new life to Palantir. This game is notorious for being most difficult in the beginning of scenarios and rewarding rapid setup, and this guy is the king of rapid setup. You could argue that all his quality comes at the cost of weak stats, but he is also a solid defender!

Enjoy him while you can because the moans of OP will soon arrive. He is that good.

Edited by DukeWellington

i haven't gotten my pack yet, but yes to everything you just said anyway.   Pretty much my exact thoughts when the card was spoiled.  Except for I probably still won't use Palantir.  but I suppose Palantir is more manageable now since Favor of the Valar became a thing.  

The power we all have over those players complaining about ''overpowered cards'' (which is a theorical concept, I might had), is that you can simply... play the **** cards and enjoy yourself.

And remember : there is no such thing as an overpowered card.

I was not always happy with the errata given but I accepted it. The one card I am really unhappy about (and thinking of not accepting its errata) is Horn of Gondor. Especially as it became inconsistent with other Gondor and Rohan theme cards: Imrahil, Éomer, Valiant Sacrifice.

I hate to be a Thread Necromancer of Dol Guldur, but this seemed the best thread to ask this in:

Is there a feature for looking up a specific card and finding decks that use that card on RingsDB? I'm very intrigued by the new Denethor and want to see some good decks where he's used.

Also, that 8 threat makes it even easier to get away with spamming Legacy of Numenor and/or Deep Knowledge on the first turn, leading to insane set-ups. 

I don't think that it breaks the game or anything, but he is a nice card. 

Edited by divinityofnumber

I hate to be a Thread Necromancer of Dol Guldur, but this seemed the best thread to ask this in:

Is there a feature for looking up a specific card and finding decks that use that card on RingsDB? I'm very intrigued by the new Denethor and want to see some good decks where he's used.

Yep! Under the "Decklists" tab you will find a Search function, where you can filter by Cards Used.

If you go to the Decklist tab, there should be an option on the left-side menu that has Search. Input the card(s) you're looking for into the search field.

Also, that 8 threat makes it even easier to get away with spamming Legacy of Numenor and/or Deep Knowledge on the first turn, leading to insane set-ups. 

Beating Carn Dum in the fourth turn, Into Ithilien NM in the fourth turn, Siege of Cair Adnros NM in the fifth turn, Fords of Isen NM in the fourth turn ... It's nearly breaking the game.

He's Gondor so Wealth of Gondor works on him, He had first turn two ressources which allow to play Gaining strengh immediatly, He's Noble so you can play Captain’s Wisdom ... No need of legacy of Numenor.

You can play your entire hand turn one ... The association of Denethor/Erestor is totally OP ! Big ressource machine + Big Draw machine ... Just crazy !

Edited by 13nrv

Beating Carn Dum in the fourth turn, Into Ithilien NM in the fourth turn, Siege of Cair Adnros NM in the fifth turn, Fords of Isen NM in the fourth turn ... It's nearly breaking the game.

He's Gondor so Wealth of Gondor works on him, He had first turn two ressources which allow to play Gaining strengh immediatly, He's Noble so you can play Captain’s Wisdom ... No need of legacy of Numenor.

You can play your entire hand turn one ... The association of Denethor/Erestor is totally OP ! Big ressource machine + Big Draw machine ... Just crazy !

Using Outlands right?

Not to steal 13nrv's thunder, but this pretty much does it for me: http://ringsdb.com/decklist/view/1352/the-armies-of-gondor-1.0

If you put more focus on the "fast/swarm" aspect and don't mind using Erestor in a Gondor deck, it works extremely well. This is a modified version of teamjimby's deck with Denethor instead of Imrahil.

http://ringsdb.com/decklist/view/1722/gondor-swarm-feat-erestor-1.0

I have made a similar version of this deck. I agree Erestor is the better choice for these kind of deck. But the style of this deck is very close to the outland one.

With two Hero with the Noble trait, I think that Captain's wisdom is a must to increase the swarm and Combo with Heir of Mardil.

My version (i will publish if someone want) decrease the deck size to 50 in order to quickly grab important attachement or event (like A very good tale or Visionnary leadership).

Heed the dream seems to be very powerfull too.

Edited by 13nrv