Player without Initiative moves droid 2

Player with Initiative moves droid 3

Get points

or

Player with Initiative moves droid 1

Player without Initiative moves droid 2

Get Points

?

Each player chooses 1 Patrol Droid and moves it upto 3 spaces. Limit once per Patrol Droid per round.

I don't see a player choosing more than 1 droid match the mission rules. :D

I have seen both interpretations and I don't think the answer is clear. 

The rules say, "In order of initiative, each player chooses a Droid and moves it up to 3 spaces (each Droid may only be moved once per round) Then each player gains 4 VPs for each Droid he controls."

When there is a turn order I think you can argue the order continues until no more actions can be taken (3 droids moved) but you can also argue you end after each player has 1 turn (2 droids moved). 

I would be curious as to what a developer says about this

"Each player chooses a Droid and moves it up to 3 spaces."

There really isn't anything ambiguous about this as long as you don't make up extra rules that aren't written anywhere.

The "In order of initiative" part tells you who does it first.

The "(each Droid may only be moved once per round)" tells you the 2nd player can't move the same one.

Nothing here is saying all droids have to be moved or anything crazy like that.

The simple reading makes you think we're counting, 1, 2, 3 and they all go in initiative order. It's what our brains have been conditioned to think. But I do understand the more probable (and one I've moved on to guessing is official) of 1 and 2 and done.

The rules say, "In order of initiative, each player chooses a Droid and moves it up to 3 spaces (each Droid may only be moved once per round) Then each player gains 4 VPs for each Droid he controls."

The rules do not say "each Droid may only be moved once per round".. They do say "Limit once per Patrol Droid per round."

There is nothing in the text that suggests that all droids should be moved.

I were, admittedly, getting this wrong at first encounter at a tournament, but revisiting it later I do believe that the intention is for only two droids to be moved.

I have seen the mission rules misquoted multiple times, so no wonder people have issues interpreting them. Go to the source.

Isn't it clear that

In the order of initiative, each player chooses 1 Patrol Droid and moves it upto 3 spaces. Limit once per Patrol Droid per round.

is equivalent to

Players act in the order of initiative. Each player chooses 1 Patrol Droid and moves it upto 3 spaces. A player cannot move a Patrol Droid who was already moved this round.

?

I would like to get answers to some actual ambiquities... :P

Every time I have played this at OP's all 3 have been moved with the player with initiative moving droids 1 and 3. 

Would be nice to confirm before the Regional on Saturday

Question sent to ffg.  Will post here with email reply once received.

Edited by TryerImp

Apart from the mission which says 'In constant motion'

If only 2 droids move, then they are not in constant motion.

An answer either way would be good though.

RogueLieutenant likes this

Here is a reply from Paul regarding this with my question. Thought I would post it here as it has been asked again on the fb page and others may not be aware.

On Leia's map the mission : In Constant Motion, How are the droids activated? Player with Initiative moves droid 1 Player without Initiative moves droid 2 Player with Initiative moves droid 3 Get points or Player with Initiative moves droid 1 Player without Initiative moves droid 2 Get Points I have been playing it as option 1, but others on the forum say its option 2. I am at a Regional on Saturday and would like to know the correct answer to this to avoid any confusion in case both players play it different ways. Regards Rob

Hi Rob,

I apologize for not being able to get to this before your regional. I hope everything went well!

Your option 2 is the correct option. Only 1 droid per player gets moved.

Thanks!

Paul Winchester
Game Developer
Fantasy Flight Games
pwinchester@fantasyflightgames.com

DerBaer, RoyalRich and landoro like this