Sign in to follow this  
JsBingley

Is the Arkham Horror LCG the end of LotR LCG?

And it won't surprise me if we hear nothing at all.

Wow!  Just found this link over at cardgamedb (with props to Mulletcheese):

http://momarkmagic.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Arkham%20Horror

They are at least commissioning art!  I really want this to happen, but I don't want to be disappointed.

All this art was commissioned and used for Elder Sign: Omens of Ice, more than one year ago. This clearly doesn't mean the AH LCG is not a thing; it simply means the art has already been used on an FFG game.

In any case, GenCon's around the corner. Let's see if good news come or not

Gaahh! Such an emotional rollercoaster!!

So is Arkham LCG real or not?  :huh:

Not yet anyway, seeing as FFG just announced their 1 CCG for the year.

Not so sure if Destiny falls into the CCG category, tho. It's more of a dice game with some cards than a card game with dice (in the sense that dice seem to be the core of the action). Plus, Destiny targets a completely different type of public, so the two games shouldn't be mutually exclusive (or so I hope)

*hugs jodueit* Yes! This is good news!  Thanks for sharing! why can't I like that post only once?

Actual I went to the "news" page in my haste and was about to yell at you for trolling, before I realised you said "main page". :D

Okay seriously why isn't this on the news page, FFG? But who cares,

WE GOT ARKHAM LCG!

Goddamit, I got all teared up with joy. :)

I've got a friend who is totally in to Lovecraft, and he just expressed interest!

Let's hope that FFG learned a lesson with this core set, and didn't include any one-of cards when you can have three in your deck. Buying a third core set just for a third copy of Unexpected Courage is such a joke!

Edit: Thanks for the hug, Robin. I needed one!

Edited by jodudeit

Let's hope that FFG learned a lesson with this core set, and didn't include any one-of cards when you can have three in your deck. Buying a third core set just for a third copy of Unexpected Courage is such a joke!

Bloody unlikely.

Bloody unlikely.

They are getting better at it: with 40k conquest you had every card in there once (except for those that belonged to your warlord), so while you still had to buy multiple cores, you weren't stuck with piles of unusable doubles.

How can you be dissapointed by embedded campaign? Is it enforced and you can't play stand-alone or something?

I'm pretty traditional when it comes to playing by the book, so for me, it certainly feels enforced ;).  Given the theme, the campaign seems appropriate.

This is similar to the AGOT reset in that they can yse experience to guide their design and avoid past mistakes. My assumption is that this will be a far more polished game. Forcing players to include weaknesses in their deckbuilds, for instance, is an interesting way to make more powerful characters. My guess is that the campaign mode works in the same way. The campaign creates design space to include more powerful cards with inherent limitations.