Sign in to follow this  
FrogTrigger

FFG Article: Fly Solo

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/18/swx-fly-casual/

This article talks about playing X-Wing outside of the regular kewl d00d dog fights at the LGS.  I've been interested in trying X-Wing for a while but I was always scared off of having to invest so much just to have a decently competitive list to compete with players.  If there are in fact ways to play this game co-op or at least some sort of campaign they haven't done a good job of advertising it.

Why post this here, this is an IA forum!

Well at the very end they talk about linking X-Wing, Armada and IA into one big campaign/mission scenario.. but they want us to do it ourselves!

Could this be a hint they are thinking of doing something on their own, maybe they want to see our feedback about it?  They do post a link directly to the forums.

What do others think?  Does X-Wing have a spot in a co-operative/GM ran campaign integrated with IA?

I can't recall exactly what happened in the thread, but someone at one point did indeed organize a huge campaign and story that managed to integrate X-Wing, Armada, IA and Edge of the Empire all together to create an epic.  maybe someone with better memory than myself can provide a link to it if it still exists.

I feel like if the thousands of players that had the novel idea of combining the three FFG SW miniatures games just all started working on a single Google doc, they could monkeys-typewriters something decent by now.

I have played a dual game whereby the 2 players compete to get unique squadrons to 'dock' with a station, and then play a game of IA skirmish with the characters that make it in.  The imperials won, as they got Vader and 3/4 bounty hunters into the station, whereas the millennium falcon (that had han and chewie on it) was pinned and shanked by an imperial raider before docking.

Vader killed luke in the station, and R2D2 watched and cried. Home one got blown up by an ISD.

A whole bunch of rebels died that day.

FYI:

Luke squadron = Luke / R2D2 in IA

Dash squadron = Rebel smuggler

Millennium Falcon = Han and Chewie

Jan Ors = Jyn in IA

Vader squadron = Vader

Bossk = Bossk (we used a trandoshan as proxy as the model isn't out yet)

Dengar

IG-88

Bobafett

We were brainstorming something a while back where you start with Armada. A rebel captive is on one of three Raiders. Shell game.

Then once you find the ship with the captive by scanning it or something, you go to epic scale xwing and have your rebel hero ship try to close in on the raider to board it.

Then you board it and go to IA campaign trying to storm the detention deck and free throws captive.

Something like that

My idea was to go the opposite direction: play a campaign of IA, and the results of missions would lead to some kind of advantage in either X-Wing or Armada, depending on the implied scale and importance of the missions.  This definitely sounds like a fun idea for a Star Wars gaming day!

My idea was to go the opposite direction: play a campaign of IA, and the results of missions would lead to some kind of advantage in either X-Wing or Armada, depending on the implied scale and importance of the missions.  This definitely sounds like a fun idea for a Star Wars gaming day!

Yeah my thoughts were having X-Wing missions happen as interludes in between Imperial Assault missions. Maybe the last stuff in space being an Armada fight that ends with the Rebels in a Star Destroyer or something.

Of course now that some OT content is coming out, I suppose I could just try to recreate the events from the movies, too...

Yeah my thoughts were having X-Wing missions happen as interludes in between Imperial Assault missions. Maybe the last stuff in space being an Armada fight that ends with the Rebels in a Star Destroyer or something.

Of course now that some OT content is coming out, I suppose I could just try to recreate the events from the movies, too...

That's been my thought.  Myself and several others have been laying the framework for a ROTJ themed event.

IA: Destroy the shield generator

Armada: Capital combat overlooking the DSII

X-Wing: Destroy the Death Star

The number of rounds it takes the Rebels to destroy the Shield Generator impacts how many rounds the Rebel Fleet has to survive the battle with the Imperials.  The casualties from the Armada battle impact the composition of the Rebel ships used to destroy the Death Star.