Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

I don't understand the idea behind plane Tomax Bren with crackshot

ok, the cool hand idea just made me slightly revise my double defender shuttle list...

I did have a random schmuk pilot shuttle with Fleet Officer and Systems Officer, giving Ryad a free targetlock and both her and Vessery a free focus token in exchange for a stress. The flaw was it left the shuttle way vulnerable.

By taking off the shield upgrade and the Mk2 engines off Ryad (since she doesnt need it that badly), i was able to stick Tomax in there with Cool Hand. Now he has a perma evade token to remedy the super vulnerable shuttle issue!

....god i want that expansion kit.... lol

.... And Crack shot is only reusable once per turn (you can use it twice, but you lose it permanantly the second time) ...

I too had Cluster Missiles + Crackshot as my first thought. Upon reviewing the wording on Tomax Bren and Crackshot, the only limitation that occurred to me was that after spending Crackshot twice in one round, you would have to go the following round without it. But of course, I think your observation is actually the correct one.

Still, I think the chance to Crackshot somebody twice with your last Cluster Missiles in the late game (or just before you die) is probably worth it.

.... And Crack shot is only reusable once per turn (you can use it twice, but you lose it permanantly the second time) ...

I too had Cluster Missiles + Crackshot as my first thought. Upon reviewing the wording on Tomax Bren and Crackshot, the only limitation that occurred to me was that after spending Crackshot twice in one round, you would have to go the following round without it. But of course, I think your observation is actually the correct one.

Still, I think the chance to Crackshot somebody twice with your last Cluster Missiles in the late game (or just before you die) is probably worth it.

You actually will lose Crackshot permanently if you use it twice in a round because the ability kicks in after you discard it. THe following round it will be discarded, you would not have discarded it that round. So, if you are down to 1hull remaining, by all means, crackshot twice  :D