Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Boss Red Seven

FFG We Want The Painting Forum Back!

47 posts in this topic

I don't paint, I don't model. I ignore most of the threads that have anything to do with either. FFG please give those poor artistic bastards back their subforum. Of all the subforums, that was the one that made the most sense to have around.

While you're at it FFG, make a Non-Standard Format subforum.  

I don't paint, I don't model. I ignore most of the threads that have anything to do with either. FFG please give those poor artistic bastards back their subforum. Of all the subforums, that was the one that made the most sense to have around.

While you're at it FFG, make a Non-Standard Format subforum.  

Not to kick other forums but for real gang the most active Sub was The Custom Modeling Forum was the most active when we had it. People that do not mod ships and repaint stock models still just liked to come in and look at cool alternate models.

^_^

WWHSD, IgwanaRob and Plainsman like this

Hear, hear! Stock ships are boring as mom and apple pie... and people that are fielding exclusively stock ships are doing it wrong.

Edited by GreatMazinkaiser

Well, if people could refrain from posting pictures of, and linking to, items that fall into that grey area of 'does this break copyright or not?' then we probably wouldn't have lost the painting and modelling forums in the first place.

... I know, so do other veterans here.

:(

Yeah i mean I *personally* think the problem was people using the painting and modelling forum to:

1.  Pimp their 'painting service' posts, bit off on their part really when its FFGs site

2.  'Co mingling' IP.   I know when I was at GW we wouldnt have been able to print say Space Marines painted with Imperial logos on our website, for example.    So while transformers/marvel paint schemes are really cool I doubt FFG legal saw it as quite so cool.

3. Again, using it to advertise, indirectly, third person sculpts of dubious IP.

Its like with GW again, you might enter golden demon with a converted space marine, thats cool... you wouldnt enter with a totally knock off space marine from another company

I'd love to see it back it was my fave section after main board and just before off topic!

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Well, if people could refrain from posting pictures of, and linking to, items that fall into that grey area of 'does this break copyright or not?' then we probably wouldn't have lost the painting and modelling forums in the first place.

Some active moderation would do wonders...

But yes, a painting sub. Make it general, for all games combined.

Gadge and Vorpal Sword like this

When i initially spoke to Evan from the mods about getting us 'off topic' and 'painting' etc I did suggest 'player mods' with limited powers to either move a topic, lock it and flag it for an FFG mod etc

It wasnt something FFG wanted to do was the impression i got.

I did suggest five or six sensible long term posters here as in my opinion good candidates (i didnt include myself in that list :) )