Sign in to follow this  
FSD

Bridging the gap between Campaign & Skirmish - Themed Match Ups

This week I'm hosting the first Skirmish event at a local store.  I've talked with numerous people who have been purchasing the game and there appears to be a pretty good split between people who enjoy the campaign aspect vs those that like skirmish.  As such, I'm tossing around the idea of trying to set up an event that would combine the tactical aspect of Skirmish with the immersion of Campaign.

Basically, 2 prebuilt teams that are assigned a map and the players who get paired off play those teams on that map.  Most teams will have named characters that everyone knows and as such, they may NOT be the most tactically sound when looking at the actual competitive meta.  It might fail horribly but I'm up for giving it a try.  Here are some ideas:

Death Star Rescue

12 Han Solo

15 Chewbacca

+1 Combat Suit

10 Luke

2 C-3PO

vs

18 Darth Vader

9 eStormtrooper

+2 501st Training

9 eStormtrooper

2 Imperial Officer

Echo Base Assault

8 Leia

9 Fenn Signis

3 Gideon Argus

2 C-3PO (I have a second painted as K-3PO)

8 eEcho Base Trooper x2

2 Rebel High Command

vs.

14 AT-ST

10 eSnowtrooper x2

3 Probe Droid x2

Once Bespin Gambit releases, I think you should be able to do a themed Leia/Lando/Wing Guard build vs a Boba Fett/Stormtrooper build as well (Haaaan, there's still... time to save... Haaannn!").  Anyone else have any ideas on themed builds that evoke memories of the movies, please feel free to share them as I'm all about trying to expand this game locally and can use all the help I can get.

dunno about a full army, but I did write up a few 20 some point armies when we were demoing off IA to new players.  I'll see if I can track them down here.  they were great small man squads designed to give a quick and easy entry and demo for skirmish.

Occupation of Bespin

Han Solo

Chewbacca

Leia

R2-D2

C-3PO

vs.

Darth Vader

eStormtrooper

eStormtrooper

Imperial Officer

Imperial Officer

I think this would have been a better "Escape from Hoth" skirmish. Get rid of one of Imp Officers and make both eStormies, eSnowies instead.

~D

Occupation of Bespin

Han Solo

Chewbacca

Leia

R2-D2

C-3PO

vs.

Darth Vader

eStormtrooper

eStormtrooper

Imperial Officer

Imperial Officer

I think this would have been a better "Escape from Hoth" skirmish. Get rid of one of Imp Officers and make both eStormies, eSnowies instead.

~D

This is the only time I think we see an E-web in the films. How about pulling the elite storm troopers for an E-web and switching one officer to the elite officer?

Occupation of Bespin

Han Solo

Chewbacca

Leia

R2-D2

C-3PO

vs.

Darth Vader

eStormtrooper

eStormtrooper

Imperial Officer

Imperial Officer

~D

This is the only time I think we see an E-web in the films. How about pulling the elite storm troopers for an E-web and switching one officer to the elite officer?

Downgrading both troopers to regular Snowtroopers and dropping one officer frees up 6 points for an E-web.

I think I like that for a Hoth theme.