Sign in to follow this  
ChewfalconSolo

New Player. Squad Building help please.

Hey guys.

I'm a new player with relatively low access to ships, but I DO have the following expansions:

YT-1300

YT-2400

x2 Y Wing

x2 A Wing

x2 X Wing (one Core 1)

K-Wing

B-Wing

I do have a lot of Imperial ships as well to grab some other upgrades and such.

Tie Advanced

x2 Tie Fighter (core)

x1 FO Tie Fighter

Tie Punisher

x2 Tie Interceptor

Tie Phantom

Firespray-31

What I'd like to acomplish is 3-4 ships with a bomber to help the Falcon immobilize everything. Thus Ion bombs, and Conner Nets and Prox mines.

The only issue I'm having is keeping it within 100 points, while having a bomber.

Since I'm new to the game (and at this point just playing casually). I need some help with learning how to squad build effectively.

What I'd like to do is a Fat Han with Bomber Support as I aforementioned above, as well as a solid Darth Vader squad.

Anyone have some solid advice to share?

Sadly the current meta crushes Han, B-Wings, Y-Wings, K-Wings, and X-Wings are just bad. However Fat Dash is good ( Dash with outrider and heavy laser cannon) Sycho Tycho ( Tycho with daredevil, Push the limit, a-wing test pilot, and auto thrusters if you have them. For the imperials, a tres ace list of Vader, whisper, Omega Leader might work. Good luck!

What makes the YT-1300 bad in this meta? I'm actually curious. I thought the Falcon was supposed to be really good.

But seeing as I'm always on the lookout for things to play against. What is the meta? Being a new, and casual player. I'm not too sure on what is "in" at the moment.

But if I recall correctly. Isn't the Heroes of the Resistance supposed to fix the Falcon's short comings (of which there is apparently. I had no idea).

while being casual you can throw anything together.

my best suggestion is just fly a few ships see which ones you like and go from there. the meta isn't as important when starting as just having fun.

But despite not playing in a competitive atmosphere. I'd still like to know what's out there for me to discover, or try to find a counter to if I do choose to enter the scene.

The same goes for the aforementioned Vader build I'm trying to get going.

I specifically went and got the Title card and Advanced Targeting Computer (I think it's called that?) because I knew it was a good ability to have on the Advanced Tie.

So I guess you could say I "fly casual" but want to build competitively. :P

I've always had a competitive spirit when I play anything. So I like to git gud fast.

The current top tournament metagame is being dominated mostly by 3 kind of lists, all of them make short work of the Falcon due to having only 1 greendice, In general this lists are: 3x Contracted Scounts carring torpedoes that roll 3 to 4 hits, blowing the Falcon in 1 or 2 turns. Palpa-Aces, that is Emperor Palpatine in a shuttle and to top tier Aces, these guys are very VERY hard to hit (especially with a turret due to autothrusters). And finally Tie-Crackswamr, that is a bunch of Tie Fighters (6+) with crackshot, that also hit like a truck against low agi ships, and by having a lot of ships killing one or two doesn't diminish their firepower that much.

Now, these are high competition list. And to be honest I would not really worry about them too much, as in a couple of moths the meta will change again probably.

The best counter -in a (semi)casual enviroment)- will always be "fly better", and that is nowing your ships, their maneuvers and how to engage the enemies. So I would repeat others peoples advice and fly what you want.

On the Vader's list, In was going to recommend you 2 lists that my GF used to fly, both are quite fun and effective:

Darth Vader (29)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 100

These is 3 aces, all of them are a threat to the opponent. This list in quite dificult to fly howerever, as any mistake could (and will) cost you a ship.

Darth Vader (29)
Lone Wolf (2)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Howlrunner" (18)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 100

This second list (dubbed "Black Hornets") is really fun to fly, as it a has mini swarm lead by Howlrunner, and for the deploy you can treat Omega Leader as another member of the swarm. Vader deploys a little far and acts as a flanker.

Sadly the current meta crushes Han, B-Wings, Y-Wings, K-Wings, and X-Wings are just bad. However Fat Dash is good ( Dash with outrider and heavy laser cannon) Sycho Tycho ( Tycho with daredevil, Push the limit, a-wing test pilot, and auto thrusters if you have them. For the imperials, a tres ace list of Vader, whisper, Omega Leader might work. Good luck!

Aw...

The current top tournament metagame is being dominated mostly by 3 kind of lists, all of them make short work of the Falcon due to having only 1 greendice, In general this lists are: 3x Contracted Scounts carring torpedoes that roll 3 to 4 hits, blowing the Falcon in 1 or 2 turns. Palpa-Aces, that is Emperor Palpatine in a shuttle and to top tier Aces, these guys are very VERY hard to hit (especially with a turret due to autothrusters). And finally Tie-Crackswamr, that is a bunch of Tie Fighters (6+) with crackshot, that also hit like a truck against low agi ships, and by having a lot of ships killing one or two doesn't diminish their firepower that much.

Now, these are high competition list. And to be honest I would not really worry about them too much, as in a couple of moths the meta will change again probably.

The best counter -in a (semi)casual enviroment)- will always be "fly better", and that is nowing your ships, their maneuvers and how to engage the enemies. So I would repeat others peoples advice and fly what you want.

That explains a lot. I can hardly find a game though right now, much less a local meta representative of the larger one.