Sign in to follow this  
Piney Tinecones

(Rebel Transport) T-65 Loadouts, Because X-Wings Are Cool

Hey guys,

I was hoping for help with consolidating some cool T-65 loadouts into one place (I'm not shooting for anything exhaustive here). Specifically the Rebel Transport expansion pilots, but other T-65 build ideas are more than welcome.

Per a previous discussion on these forums, I've decided to fly what I like and make it work. I like X-Wings. The "make it work" part might take some time, as I am a complete novice, but at least I'll enjoy getting there.

I've recently placed a bid on just the X-wing pilots and model from the Rebel Transport expansion. It's not a bad price and I won't be disappointed if I win it, but in hindsight I wouldn't have made it. Had I realized how utilized (and consequently expensive) the droids are from this expansion, I would have just gone ahead and ordered the whole thing for $40.00 from Amazon (and received it in two days). If I don't win the bid that's probably what I'll do. I want those pilots.

With that in mind I wanted to start this thread. As previously stated, it'd be nice to have some consolidated loadouts/squad lists. But in addition to that I feel that it would really help me become familiar with different combinations and synergies, not only with individual pilots, but with whole squads as well, all in the context of one of my favorite ships.

I'll get the ball rolling with a couple of builds I've seen recently while searching for topics such as this. I cannot attest to their functionality or competitiveness as, again, I am very new to the game.

Tarn Mison (23 pts)
R7 Astromech (2 pts)
= 25 pts

As good as this looked to me on paper, I've read some discouraging stuff about Tarn recently. He's still pretty cool though, and with the right application I still think he'd be solid (though really I have no ground to stand on).

Hobbie Klivian (25 pts)
R2-D6 (1 pts)
Opportunist (4 pts)
= 30 pts

This build needs Wes for full effect (or so I've read).

Also, Hobbie with R3-A2. What are some good ships/pilots to run with Stressbot Hobbie?

That's all I really have for now. I'm eager to hear others' ideas. We can all agree that X-Wings are cool, right?

As always, I appreciate the help!

And Integrated Astromech, if you've got it! 

As noted, Hobbie with (Integrated) Targeting Astro is fun.  I also like him with R2-D6 and Push the Limit.  Focus -> Push -> Target Lock, remove the stress when you spend the TL.  Add Integrated Astromech (IA) -- when you discard R2-D6, your elite upgrade does not go anywhere.

Hobbie Klivian [25]

R2-D6 [1]

Push the Limit [3]

Integrated Astromech [0]

29 pts

I ran that R2-D6 with Opportunist alongside Wes Janson & Garven Dreis last year at Store Champs.  Don't ask how I did, though. : )  I was brand new, and it was fun 'til it got dismantled.

Wes is great with many loadouts, but he's a support piece that gets targeted quickly, so keep him safe.  VI is popular to get him stripping tokens before Wedge shoots, and R3-A2 is popular to make him even more of a control piece.  Predator is always good on the Ace X-wing pilots.  Torps are fun on the higher PS guys, but Guidance Chips eats your slot for Integrated Astro.  Still, Wes loosing a flechette torp with R3-A2 is a sweet punch.

Wes Janson [29]

Predator [3]

R3-A2 [2]

Integrated Astromech [0]

Flechette Torpedoes [2]

36 pts

Something I really like on Luke that could also work on Wes (and maybe Jek!) is Stay on Target with Integrated Targeting Astro.  Adjust your maneuver to chase lower PS enemies, that maneuver becomes red, Targeting Astro gives you a lock.  Jek could then even risk removing the stress. 

Jek Porkins [26]

Stay On Target [2]

Targeting Astromech [2]

Integrated Astromech [0]

30 pts

I too love the X-wing.  Go for it, and have fun!

Heh!  Just noticed those pilot builds all fit nicely into 100 pts, with enough left over to add flechettes to Jek & Hobbie!

Wes Janson — X-Wing 29 Predator 3 Flechette Torpedoes 2 R3-A2 2 Integrated Astromech 0 Ship Total: 36

Jek Porkins — X-Wing 26 Stay On Target 2 Flechette Torpedoes 2 Targeting Astromech 2 Integrated Astromech 0 Ship Total: 32

"Hobbie" Klivian — X-Wing 25 Flechette Torpedoes 2 R2-D6 1 Push the Limit 3 Integrated Astromech 0 Ship Total: 31

99 points

May not be a great build, but looks like it might be fun!

Edited by jme

X-Wing: · Wedge Antilles (29)

Adaptability (Increase) (0)

Proton Torpedoes (4)

Targeting Astromech (2)

Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: · Wes Janson (29)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Targeting Astromech (2)

Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: · Luke Skywalker (28)

Veteran Instincts (1)

· R2-D2 (4)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Heres a rogue squadron build. Might not be much help but hopefully can push you in the right direction (imperial player here) but in my group of friends 3 are rebel players. Like you we all like the t-65s and would like to see them more.

This is a list i was recently shown that he wants to try. Again i dont know much about but t-65s are jousting ships (im guessing) thats why you have targeting astro for after u k turn then wes to strip and all your ships attack first.

And theyre all from rogue squadron :) haha

This is my take on Rogue Squadron:

Wedge Antilles (29)
Opportunist (4)
BB-8 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R2-D2 (4)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 98

BB-8 and a 2 point bid to give Wedge an edge (get it?) over other aces in positioning, Wes acts as a massive jerk and boosts Wedge's damage by stripping tokens and allowing him to use Opportunist and finally Biggs is the glue that keeps the team toghether and prevents nasty things to happen to my two aces.
Edited by Agemman

I like these! Thanks for all the ideas and feedback!

So last night I acquired a pretty large collection of stuff from a guy who wanted to get out from under it. My resources have increased quite a bit, specifically my upgrade cards. I'm still lacking Integrated Astromechs though, sadly. There was even a T-70 expansion amidst the mass, but alas, no IA. With that said, I have everything else mentioned apart from Stay On Target.

I was looking at Dutch Vander last night and it seemed like he'd be pretty cool with a couple of T-65 Aces, but I couldn't come up with anything definite. Any suggestions?

Now I'm getting frustrated. I'm trying to brew some Rogue Squadron (or just T-65 in general) builds myself, and it's not going well. I'm chasing my tail. I can't decide who should get R3-A2, whether I should run Opportunist or not, just a bunch of stuff. There's so many ways to run these guys. I also don't own any IA, as stated before. I'll have to score the new Heroes expansion when it comes out.

One great thing about R5-D8 and R2-D2 is that they can do well with Hull and Shield Upgrade respectively.

Jek Porkins (26)

- Push the Limit (3)

- R5-D8 (3)

- Hull Upgrade (3)

35 points

Luke Skywalker (28)

-Lone Wolf (2)

- R2-D2 (4)

- Shield Upgrade (4)

38 points

Because they both have regenerating astromechs, you don't want to eject the little droids. The modifications increase your capacity to recover, but they cost more than IA. I really like this Jek. He is great with Adv. Proton Torpedoes, but that makes him even more pricey. Luke has a lot of good Elite Talent options, but I chose Lone Wolf because it works with Luke's defensive ability. I hear Draw There Fire is good on him if flying in formation.

I appreciate the feedback, guys!

Since my last post I've acquired a couple of Integrated Astromechs and played a couple of games with a T-65 list. I've changed it a little since then. This is what I've ended up with:

Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Insticts (1)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
R3-A2 (2)
IA (0)
34 pts

"Hobbie" Klivian (25)

Opportunist (4)

R2-D6 (1)

IA (0)

30 pts

Jek Porkins (26)

PtL (3)

R5-D8 (3)

Engine Upgrade (4)
36 pts

It weighs in at 100 pts. I wanted a Munitions Failsafe on Wes but I had to lose it and use an IA instead to free up the points for Porkins' EU. Porkins always seems to do well and hang around the longest, so I wanted to give him some more maneuverability. Hobbie's R2-D6 got a lot better with IA. I really like stressbot and flechettes on Wes with that PS10 because I can double stress key ships right out of the gate.

I wanted to run a list like this with Dutch instead of Porkins, but had some extra points to play with that I couldn't figure out how to use. Any advice on a list with Dutch would be great. I also need to pick up a T-65 expansion so I can get Wedge. I really want to try him out.

I wanted to run a list like this with Dutch instead of Porkins, but had some extra points to play with that I couldn't figure out how to use. Any advice on a list with Dutch would be great. I also need to pick up a T-65 expansion so I can get Wedge. I really want to try him out.

I don't understand how you had extra points:

"Dutch" Vander — Y-Wing 23
Twin Laser Turret 6
Plasma Torpedoes 3
R5-D8 3
Ship Total: 35

You can swap the torps for Hull upgrade if you want to, allows the droid to do a little more work. You could also throw Experimental Interface in there (that's what I would go for) so you can TL and use the droid in the same turn. Not sure how you were able to not fill the points up, I always seem to not be able to have enough. Lol.

Happy hunting.

... I like X-Wings. The "make it work" part might take some time, as I am a complete novice, but at least I'll enjoy getting there...

With that in mind I wanted to start this thread. As previously stated, it'd be nice to have some consolidated loadouts/squad lists. But in addition to that I feel that it would really help me become familiar with different combinations and synergies, not only with individual pilots, but with whole squads as well, all in the context of one of my favorite ships....

We can all agree that X-Wings are cool, right?

We definitely can. I've done a couple T-65 builds with varying degrees of success; here's the link to the thread where I refined them. Keep flying casual, and I hope you find a list that fits your style! Let us know what you settle on.

One of my fav lists I call Trench Run:

Wedge

BB-8

PtL

IA

Luke

Expert Handling

R2-D2

IA

PORKINS!

R5-D8

Expert Handling

IA

Its team old Skool X-wang with BR for dayz. Super fun to fly, and can win a decent match or two.

Take this with all the salt, as I am an Imperial player and I only have tried this squad twice, but it seemed promising. (my friend and I swapped factions for an evening at the flgs.)

I love the idea of the x-wing in game, even if it is a little rebel terrorist ship. 3 attack dice behind respectable defense and all sorts of interesting pilot abillities. I wanted to fly 4, my tie fighter squadron flying getting the best of me I suppose. Here's the list:

Biggs 25

-R4-D6 1

-IA 0

Hobbie 25

-targeting astro 2

-IA 0

Tarn Mison 23

-R7 astro 2

-IA 0

Rookie Pilot 21

-R2 astro 1

-IA 0

In the games I played with it, biggs was a total troll. And when they finally break him all of the shots from the other x's should have wrought a toll on the opponent. Second time I flew it my opponent made only a couple errors and I flew onto a couple of rocks, but I ended the match without even losing biggs. R4 is so strong on him. That, and 2 evasion dice with 6 hull/shields is deceptively durable with 4 of the buggers.

Edit: spelling

Edited by BleakSquadron

Raven19528-
Yeah, I'm just not very familiar with Y's yet. I haven't ran any yet so it's hard for me to brew with them. Have TLT's made Ion Cannon Turrets obsolete? Or are ICT's still useful/used in some builds?

WarriorPoet-
I checked out the thread. Some useful and interesting stuff in there! I need to get some more games in so I can really get a feel for what works for me and what doesn't.

PastrySandwich-
I like that list a lot. I'm gonna head back up to my LGS sometime this week and get at least one T-65 expansion so I can get Wedge and an Expert Handling. I may have to try some barrel roll action myself. Is the roll more for just general added maneuverability for Porkins? I like how he can shed the stress better than anyone, but he's probably not dodging too many arcs at 7PS right?

BleakSquadron-
I really dig the 4x T-65 build. I keep wanting to run Tarn but it's been hard for me to get the points right with him in an XXX build. Those IA's start adding up into some real value too with 4 X-Wings. It'll be hard for me to run everybody without fully loading them with goodies, but I'm pretty sure that value will make it worth it.

Does anyone have some good Garven Dreis builds? I was thinking maybe him and R5-P9? Or maybe R2-D6 and Deadeye with some bad*** torpedoes?

Raven19528-

Yeah, I'm just not very familiar with Y's yet. I haven't ran any yet so it's hard for me to brew with them. Have TLT's made Ion Cannon Turrets obsolete? Or are ICT's still useful/used in some builds?

I wouldn't say they are obsolete, but they do now have a cost that they need to be on purpose built lists. Like stress ion builds like this:

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18

Ion Cannon Turret 5

R3-A2 2

BTL-A4 Y-Wing 0

Ship Total: 25

That's a quarter of your available points to a ship who's purpose isn't really to do damage, but rather take other ships out of the fight for a turn or three. Depending on your playstyle, that can be awesome or awful. I like throwing Bomb Loadout on there and dropping some Thermal Detonators on them, or a Conner Net for more ion fun. Again though, it's purpose built, and with more and more lists packing 25+ HP, you have to be mindful of how much damage you can actually put out.