Sign in to follow this  
exinfris

Having trouble vs A wing mini swarm

Oh. Balls, sorry. I have little experience flying against such a lovely list! That nasty looking Mauler would be first to go down, if I had any say in it! :D

It would come down to how well you could leverage your PS advantage I think. You'd lose a ship on the inital engagement though, unless you just plain flew me off the board in skill asymmetry. I'd have enough crack to force through enough damage to end one of your ships, in likelihood, and 2 isn't that unlikely, if you spend all your tokens trying to alpha me.

Also, not sure you'd be able to take out an A before it could fire, as Follow The Leader assumes, as the list adds no damage at range 2-3. Chances are high I'd get to use a focus vs one of your attacks to negate all damage, leaving you with 4 2-attack shots to bring down a 4-health 3-aglity ship. At range 2, the predicted damage of 2 attack & focus vs tokenless 3 agility is .56. Odds look not so hot.

You'd be flying a swarm of arc dodgers in effect :)

I think a lot does depend on the approach and perhaps some of the dice results for the first pass.  If the Tie player is smart, they can make it interesting.  There are options to doing things like splitting the Tie Fighters and coming at you from two sides.  Watching your approach and expecting you to come at one.  So, either being able to peel off or zip up to bump or go past while the others come up from the flank.  There is also the idea of trying to arrange it with Dark Curse as the only one in R3 and try to have you waste shots on him.  I've used that to good effect in the past.

Not sure on the options for which pilots to take or which upgrades.  MM does have a big bulls eye on him with Predator and being so many points.  Other pilots can be used, such as Night Beast, so he can get a Focus and Evade when he's got a green move.  Or perhaps Focus and BR out of arc.  Lots of different options with the different pilots.  

Also possible to use Tie FO pilots, as well.  Even a Omega Squadron would move after and fire first, but have the benefit of a Shield.  Mix up the various regular Tie with Tie FO's for good effect.  

"Dark Curse" (16)

"Backstabber" (16)

"Wampa" (14)

"Night Beast" (15)

"Zeta Ace" (18)

"Zeta Leader" (20)
Wired (1)

Total: 100

Could also use a couple of TAP Barons of the Empire w/ V1 title.
Edited by heychadwick

I think one problem would be establishing the arc dodge - the A's can afford to take their time, and keep guns pointed at something, anything, on that list. if they can take down mauler and either scourge or stabber, I think it's lights out, personally. But of course it could go the other way just as easily. I don't know, tbh, as I've never faced a list like that one!

I definitely think you'd be best off splitting up against them, to try and give scourge and backstabber the chances they need to do the business. The only problem is, even stressed after a k-turn, if the A's still hold crackshots, they're still very dangerous to the ties.

It's interesting you've been thinking about an elite tie swarm, I've been thinking the same about the /fo's...

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

“Zeta Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (20), Comm Relay (3), Predator (3)

“Omega Ace” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (20), Comm Relay (3), Push the Limit (3)

“Epsilon Leader” (22)
TIE/fo Fighter (19), Comm Relay (3)

I think one problem would be establishing the arc dodge - the A's can afford to take their time, and keep guns pointed at something, anything, on that list. if they can take down mauler and either scourge or stabber, I think it's lights out, personally. But of course it could go the other way just as easily. I don't know, tbh, as I've never faced a list like that one!

I definitely think you'd be best off splitting up against them, to try and give scourge and backstabber the chances they need to do the business. The only problem is, even stressed after a k-turn, if the A's still hold crackshots, they're still very dangerous to the ties.

It's interesting you've been thinking about an elite tie swarm, I've been thinking the same about the /fo's...

I'll admit that I've been playing since Wave 1 and elite Tie Swarms were always my favorite.  Notice I say Swarms.  I don't consider a block of Tie Fighters in formation a swarm b/c they don't actually swarm.  I've played a lot with Tie Fighters that do all sorts of blocking and BR around opponents.  I think people today don't give Tie Fighters much of a chance ever since Tie Interceptors came out.  I think a good Tie Fighter player can do things that surprise people, especially if they are lower PS than the Tie Fighters!

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think that the Tie Fighters could take out an A-wing before they fire.  That is as long as the first shots aren't at R3.  There are also a number of pilots that can boost their damage dice to become more effective.  Zeta Leader w/ a TL, boost attack die, and Wired is a good one.  Inquisitor comes to mind.  Scourge can work, but only to finish off a wounded ship.  Dark Curse can really stay alive vs. the A-wing list.  Night Beast can be hard to kill if he does a green to get that Focus with an Evade action.  Chaser can also grab a Focus that is used to either have an Evade + Focus or even have Double Focus.  That means he can use it when firing and also on defense.  Or both on defense.  I think there are little synergies with these elite Tie Fighters that a smart player can take advantage of and use.  Everyone knows the heavy handed dice of Mauler Mithel, but the other guys can shine pretty well, too.  

====

As a side note, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but my classic 4 x Tie Bomber list could do well.  Go with Gamma Pilots, Homing Missiles, Extra Munitions, and Guidance Chip and you can put a hurt on those A-wings.  You move after they do and can get the TL.  You fire before they do.  I figure 2 Bombers target 1 A-wing, so 2 total A-wings targeted.  Let me run the numbers.  It matters a great deal if you can get in R2.  Now, I've flown Bombers and I think they have a great dial.  If you know the Rule of 11 and how your opponent flies A-wings, I don't think it's too hard to pick a good speed.  Their 1 forward speed is very useful in this regard.  Also, I don't think it's a bad thing to zip too far ahead and negate the first joust, if need be.  

If you get within R2 with Homing Missile (vs Focus) than the expected damage is 1.82 (8% - 0 hits; 28% - 1 hit; 38% 2 hits; 20% - 3 hits; 3% - 4 hits).  A good chance of 1 hit and not a bad chance of 2 or 3.  This should strip the token from the defender, though.  The second shot should be 2.56 expected damage (2% - 0 hits; 11% - 1 hit; 29% 2 hits; 37% - 3 hits; 18% - 4 hits).  I think the averages are fantastic to blast one A-wing to bits before it fires.  If you have two pairs firing at two A-wings, you definitely have a good chance of killing one ship, but a decent chance of killing two, as well.  

Once you get in R3, though, the first shot is expected 1.09 (19% - 0 hits; 56% - 1 hit; 20% 2 hits; 3% - 3 hits). So, you are most likely going to do 1 hit, but strip the token.  The second shot would have expected damage of 1.8 (8% - 0 hits; 26% - 1 hit; 41% 2 hits; 22% - 3 hits; 1% - 4 hits).  This is less a sure thing to blow up one A-wing on the first pass.  It's possible, but chances lean against you.  Probably worth it to put 3 Bombers on one A-wing at that range.

I will say that the R3 shots back with Crack Shot on Bombers is only a 1.1 expected damage.  That means the chances of destroying a Tie Bomber (6 hull) in the first round with only 4 A-wings is pretty low.  

Once the first pass is done, I think that the Tie Bombers have the advantage.  Well, that's with someone with experience flying them.  :)  It's especially true if you don't lose a Bomber in the first pass.  Tie Bombers have very agile dials and the fact that they go after the A-wings is fantastic.  The Bomber can be patient and set up shots.  It can grab a TL when at a distance or while people are turning around and then use the action to BR to get a good shot the next turn.  A-wings tend to want to come at Bombers from the flanks and knowing that can make them a bit predictable, especially as they don't want to get caught in a R2 joust.  Just make sure to pair up your Bombers on the same target to eliminate them.  

Any suggestions for Scum?

OK....It's taken so long to type this up, I'm sure that there have been people making good suggestions for this.  I will say that there was another thread that had a good YV-666 build that was great at taking out Aces.  It involved Dengar crew, but it would still work to modify 1 die.

Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Dengar (3)
Zuckuss (1)
4-LOM (1)

YV-666 has the wide firing arc. Dengar lets you modify 1 attack die. 4-LOM lets you block the defender from using a Focus  (but get ionized).  Zuckuss can make the enemy re-roll successful green dice (while giving you stress).  The idea is that you can take one fancy target, like an A-wing w/ Focus and AT, and blast it to pieces.  You will probably be stressed and might be ionized, but with the wide firing arc, you might not have a hard time getting a shot off on someone.  Also, you don't need to clear stress as you have Dengar for dice modification.  

When I think of a list, I can probably come up with something like this:

Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Dengar (3)
Zuckuss (1)
4-LOM (1)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)

Drea Renthal (22)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
R4-B11 (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Black Sun Soldier (13)

Total: 100

Drea can be used as an alpha strike.  There is good chance to get hits through.  Without her ability combined with R4-B11 gives a 1.5 likely hits, so combined with the forced re-roll and it's even better.   Not an option on the website for that, though.  While I don't believe she would kill anyone in that first volley, it's going to do some damage.  Possibly a crit gets through.  

After that, the Y-wings watch the YV-666's flanks.  While stressed, it's movement is going to be rough, but it has the wide arc.  The Y-wings can get the Auto Blaster shots in to try to get through all that defense for the A-wings as they range in for the R1 flank shots.  With at least one Y-wing moving first, it might force some A-wings to Boost out of R1 and maybe miss a shot that round.  Maybe?

The Z-95 is really just a filler as I had the points.  It will just fire away at whatever is weakened and maybe try to block.  

Maybe not the most amazing list, but it has a good chance of taking out the A-wings, I believe.  

For Empire I've been running:

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

Omega Leader w/ Comms Relay, Stealth Device, Juke

Dark Curse w/ Stealth Device

Just can't seem to kill enough before they wipe me out.

Thank you for using me as a pilot. By the way, try using Interceptor Jax with Hull and Shield mods; Captain Oicunn Decimator with Intimidation, Dauntless, and Ysanne Isard; and the Inquisitor in the Tie Advanced Prototype. That setup should leave you with about 2 points to use as you please.

What? Why advise people to try builds that are around 17 points over the 100pt limit???

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

TIE Advanced Prototype (25), Push the Limit (3), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

Carnor Jax (36)

TIE Interceptor (26), Push the Limit (3), Royal Guard TIE (0), Shield Upgrade (4), Hull Upgrade (3)

Captain Oicunn (50)

VT-49 Decimator (42), Intimidation (2), Ysanne Isard (4), Dauntless (2)

I never said anything about Push the Limit and Autothrusters, and I forgot how much Hull and Shield mods were, so you could get rid of Intimidation and the Hull and Shield mods to make it 99 points

Edited by OmegaLeader144

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

Thank you for using me as a pilot. By the way, try using Interceptor Jax with Hull and Shield mods; Captain Oicunn Decimator with Intimidation, Dauntless, and Ysanne Isard; and the Inquisitor in the Tie Advanced Prototype. That setup should leave you with about 2 points to use as you please.

What? Why advise people to try builds that are around 17 points over the 100pt limit???

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

TIE Interceptor (26), Push the Limit (3), Royal Guard TIE (0), Shield Upgrade (4), Hull Upgrade (3)

Captain Oicunn (50)

I never said anything about Push the Limit and Autothrusters, and check the math again.

His math is right dude... even without PTL/Autothrusters and even Tie/v1 .. and no PTL on Jax it comes to 108 points.

You have some how forgotten to carry a 1 and lost 10 points somewhere.. which explains why you thought u had 2 points to spare.

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

Captain Oicunn (50)

I never said anything about Push the Limit and Autothrusters, and check the math again.

His math is right dude... even without PTL/Autothrusters and even Tie/v1 .. and no PTL on Jax it comes to 108 points.

You have some how forgotten to carry a 1 and lost 10 points somewhere.. which explains why you thought u had 2 points to spare.

I said you could also get rid of Hull and Shield mods and Intimidation.

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

Captain Oicunn (50)

I see you edited your post ... good thing my quote shows your original post.

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

Captain Oicunn (50)

That was after I realized that it highlighted and deleted that part of the text.

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

Captain Oicunn (50)

That was after I realized that it highlighted and deleted that part of the text.

lol .. ok. Sure it did.

Hey chadwick! Thanks for such a long and thoughtful reply.

"my classic 4 x Tie Bomber list could do well" - absolutely, I think 4 gammas would be a real problem for the A-swarm. I play 4 gammas myself sometimes, partly inspired by your posts on scimitars/HM/SC/EMs.

The spikes are horrible, and the A's would have to leverage their better dials to stand a chance I think. However, it would be simultaeous fire, as A's carry adaptability - meaning a PS of 4 (sometimes a 2 as a blocker, if you had initiative). Against bombers, I'd also be trying to go from out of range to range-1 in one round, rather than getting homed off the board - 5 and boost is even a possibility, if it's the difference between range 1 and 2, although we all know how well unmodified dice throw...

"A-wings tend to want to come at Bombers from the flanks and knowing that can make them a bit predictable, especially as they don't want to get caught in a R2 joust." Absolutely. It would be very hard to keep in close engagement with the bombers, with TLs and then that big 5 K-turn. I think I'd much rather face the elite tie swarm tbh.

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

Captain Oicunn (50)

lol .. ok. Sure it did.

Even if you added no epts to your aces, your original list comes in 8pts over.

But it's no big deal! My advice (in life, not just in X-wing!) is that it's always best just to say 'whoops, my bad, I missed something', rather than double down on a mistake and try and worm your way out of it. That's because people on the whole aren't stupid, and treating them as such is bad manners. People also, on the whole, respect honesty and integrity, and if you display it you change a negative assessment of your mistake into a very positive one. It's often hard to change someone's negative opinion of you, once it's in place, so being able to do so straight away is a really big deal in life. Hope you don't mind me saying this, but it's important.

Anyway, If you really really wanted to take these three pilots together, I think this is the best list I could imagine for them. Oicunn is going to be a bit of a pinata here, but he can ram & block at a lower ps. As long as you don't run into any high ps or turrets along the way, you should be able to give the A-wings a good fight...

Captain Oicunn (42)

Adaptability (0)

The Inquisitor (29)

TIE Advanced Prototype (25), Push the Limit (3), TIE/v1 (1)

Carnor Jax (29)

TIE Interceptor (26), Push the Limit (3)

Just dropping into the "TIEs vs A-Wings" discussion.

The math of basic TIEs against the green dice are challenging, but I think they show you'd kill an A-Wing (as demonstrated above).  I run elites with Crack Shot and I'm pretty sure I'd down 2 A-Wings before they fire, the Crack Shots should make a big difference.

Omega Leader (Comms Relay, Juke)
Zeta Leader (Crack Shot)
Scourge/Mithel (Crack Shot)
Howlrunner (Crack Shot)
Black Squadron Pilot (Crack Shot)
(99)

Edited by Stay On The Leader

Hey chadwick! Thanks for such a long and thoughtful reply.

"A-wings tend to want to come at Bombers from the flanks and knowing that can make them a bit predictable, especially as they don't want to get caught in a R2 joust." Absolutely. It would be very hard to keep in close engagement with the bombers, with TLs and then that big 5 K-turn. I think I'd much rather face the elite tie swarm tbh.

Hey, no problem!  That's why I love these forums (at times).  

The trick with the Bombers is to not fly them all going the same direction.  If you fly them in loose pairs, it works better. This way you have 2 covering the other's flanks.  So, when you do the 5 K-turn, and the A-wings want to go in the flanks, you have the other 2 Tie bombers take out one of those A-wings.  They cover each other's flanks, that is.  So, it's not easy for the A-wings to avoid all those firing arcs.  

I think one problem would be establishing the arc dodge - the A's can afford to take their time, and keep guns pointed at something, anything, on that list. if they can take down mauler and either scourge or stabber, I think it's lights out, personally. But of course it could go the other way just as easily. I don't know, tbh, as I've never faced a list like that one! I definitely think you'd be best off splitting up against them, to try and give scourge and backstabber the chances they need to do the business. The only problem is, even stressed after a k-turn, if the A's still hold crackshots, they're still very dangerous to the ties.It's interesting you've been thinking about an elite tie swarm, I've been thinking the same about the /fo's...

I'll admit that I've been playing since Wave 1 and elite Tie Swarms were always my favorite.  Notice I say Swarms.  I don't consider a block of Tie Fighters in formation a swarm b/c they don't actually swarm.  I've played a lot with Tie Fighters that do all sorts of blocking and BR around opponents.  I think people today don't give Tie Fighters much of a chance ever since Tie Interceptors came out.  I think a good Tie Fighter player can do things that surprise people, especially if they are lower PS than the Tie Fighters! I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think that the Tie Fighters could take out an A-wing before they fire.  That is as long as the first shots aren't at R3.  There are also a number of pilots that can boost their damage dice to become more effective.  Zeta Leader w/ a TL, boost attack die, and Wired is a good one.  Inquisitor comes to mind.  Scourge can work, but only to finish off a wounded ship.  Dark Curse can really stay alive vs. the A-wing list.  Night Beast can be hard to kill if he does a green to get that Focus with an Evade action.  Chaser can also grab a Focus that is used to either have an Evade + Focus or even have Double Focus.  That means he can use it when firing and also on defense.  Or both on defense.  I think there are little synergies with these elite Tie Fighters that a smart player can take advantage of and use.  Everyone knows the heavy handed dice of Mauler Mithel, but the other guys can shine pretty well, too.   ==== As a side note, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but my classic 4 x Tie Bomber list could do well.  Go with Gamma Pilots, Homing Missiles, Extra Munitions, and Guidance Chip and you can put a hurt on those A-wings.  You move after they do and can get the TL.  You fire before they do.  I figure 2 Bombers target 1 A-wing, so 2 total A-wings targeted.  Let me run the numbers.  It matters a great deal if you can get in R2.  Now, I've flown Bombers and I think they have a great dial.  If you know the Rule of 11 and how your opponent flies A-wings, I don't think it's too hard to pick a good speed.  Their 1 forward speed is very useful in this regard.  Also, I don't think it's a bad thing to zip too far ahead and negate the first joust, if need be.   If you get within R2 with Homing Missile (vs Focus) than the expected damage is 1.82 (8% - 0 hits; 28% - 1 hit; 38% 2 hits; 20% - 3 hits; 3% - 4 hits).  A good chance of 1 hit and not a bad chance of 2 or 3.  This should strip the token from the defender, though.  The second shot should be 2.56 expected damage (2% - 0 hits; 11% - 1 hit; 29% 2 hits; 37% - 3 hits; 18% - 4 hits).  I think the averages are fantastic to blast one A-wing to bits before it fires.  If you have two pairs firing at two A-wings, you definitely have a good chance of killing one ship, but a decent chance of killing two, as well.   Once you get in R3, though, the first shot is expected 1.09 (19% - 0 hits; 56% - 1 hit; 20% 2 hits; 3% - 3 hits). So, you are most likely going to do 1 hit, but strip the token.  The second shot would have expected damage of 1.8 (8% - 0 hits; 26% - 1 hit; 41% 2 hits; 22% - 3 hits; 1% - 4 hits).  This is less a sure thing to blow up one A-wing on the first pass.  It's possible, but chances lean against you.  Probably worth it to put 3 Bombers on one A-wing at that range. I will say that the R3 shots back with Crack Shot on Bombers is only a 1.1 expected damage.  That means the chances of destroying a Tie Bomber (6 hull) in the first round with only 4 A-wings is pretty low.   Once the first pass is done, I think that the Tie Bombers have the advantage.  Well, that's with someone with experience flying them.  :)  It's especially true if you don't lose a Bomber in the first pass.  Tie Bombers have very agile dials and the fact that they go after the A-wings is fantastic.  The Bomber can be patient and set up shots.  It can grab a TL when at a distance or while people are turning around and then use the action to BR to get a good shot the next turn.  A-wings tend to want to come at Bombers from the flanks and knowing that can make them a bit predictable, especially as they don't want to get caught in a R2 joust.  Just make sure to pair up your Bombers on the same target to eliminate them.   

Any suggestions for Scum?

OK....It's taken so long to type this up, I'm sure that there have been people making good suggestions for this.  I will say that there was another thread that had a good YV-666 build that was great at taking out Aces.  It involved Dengar crew, but it would still work to modify 1 die. Trandoshan Slaver (29)Dengar (3)Zuckuss (1)4-LOM (1) YV-666 has the wide firing arc. Dengar lets you modify 1 attack die. 4-LOM lets you block the defender from using a Focus  (but get ionized).  Zuckuss can make the enemy re-roll successful green dice (while giving you stress).  The idea is that you can take one fancy target, like an A-wing w/ Focus and AT, and blast it to pieces.  You will probably be stressed and might be ionized, but with the wide firing arc, you might not have a hard time getting a shot off on someone.  Also, you don't need to clear stress as you have Dengar for dice modification.   When I think of a list, I can probably come up with something like this: Trandoshan Slaver (29)Dengar (3)Zuckuss (1)4-LOM (1) Syndicate Thug (18)Autoblaster Turret (2) Drea Renthal (22)Autoblaster Turret (2)Proton Torpedoes (4)Extra Munitions (2)R4-B11 (3)Guidance Chips (0) Black Sun Soldier (13) Total: 100 View in Yet Another Squad Builder Drea can be used as an alpha strike.  There is good chance to get hits through.  Without her ability combined with R4-B11 gives a 1.5 likely hits, so combined with the forced re-roll and it's even better.   Not an option on the website for that, though.  While I don't believe she would kill anyone in that first volley, it's going to do some damage.  Possibly a crit gets through.   After that, the Y-wings watch the YV-666's flanks.  While stressed, it's movement is going to be rough, but it has the wide arc.  The Y-wings can get the Auto Blaster shots in to try to get through all that defense for the A-wings as they range in for the R1 flank shots.  With at least one Y-wing moving first, it might force some A-wings to Boost out of R1 and maybe miss a shot that round.  Maybe? The Z-95 is really just a filler as I had the points.  It will just fire away at whatever is weakened and maybe try to block.   Maybe not the most amazing list, but it has a good chance of taking out the A-wings, I believe.

I like the bomber idea, and have flown bombers in the past.

But, I only have 3 Tie Bombers. Any suggestions on replacing the 4th bomber, maybe a stripped down Punisher, or Tie Fighters?

I like the bomber idea, and have flown bombers in the past.

But, I only have 3 Tie Bombers. Any suggestions on replacing the 4th bomber, maybe a stripped down Punisher, or Tie Fighters?

TAP V1 Baron of the Empire with Homing Missile?  

If Kir Kanos were 1 pt less, you could get him and Auto Thrusters for 25 pts.  He'd add that extra hit each time.

Sabre Squadron with AT would work.  

Heck, you could even go with 5 x Alpha Interceptors with Auto Thrusters vs. his A-wings.  You have the firepower advantage in that match up, but he attacks first.  

Tie Advanced X1 with Accuracy Corrector?  That way you always have your action for defense and maximize  your attack.  Best used on an enemy ship that has lost it's tokens, but an idea.  There is Adv Targeting Computer on a Storm Pilot.  You use the TL and get an extra crit in there for free.  That could be pretty useful vs. the A-wings at range.  You will be tokenless for defense, but hard to kill an Adv.  X1.  

There is also Omega Leader with Comm Relay.  

But it's no big deal! My advice (in life, not just in X-wing!) is that it's always best just to say 'whoops, my bad, I missed something', rather than double down on a mistake and try and worm your way out of it. That's because people on the whole aren't stupid, and treating them as such is bad manners. People also, on the whole, respect honesty and integrity, and if you display it you change a negative assessment of your mistake into a very positive one. It's often hard to change someone's negative opinion of you, once it's in place, so being able to do so straight away is a really big deal in life. Hope you don't mind me saying this, but it's important.

Anyway, If you really really wanted to take these three pilots together, I think this is the best list I could imagine for them. Oicunn is going to be a bit of a pinata here, but he can ram & block at a lower ps. As long as you don't run into any high ps or turrets along the way, you should be able to give the A-wings a good fight...

Captain Oicunn (42)

Adaptability (0)

The Inquisitor (29)

Carnor Jax (29)

You sir, are excellent. ^_^

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

If you're having troubles vs A-Wings I feel bad for you son,

I've got 99 problems but A-Wings ain't one! 

Lol, I apologies, I HAD TO DO IT.

Hahah, I have a similar list but without the SD's and upgrade DC to the Inquisitor with PTL, title and AT.  I've found that staying out of range 1 the A wings can't put enough dmg through on my dodgy ships to actually take any down.  So typically my opponent will go after palp and blow his crack shots there when needed.  Which is great for me, gives me time to take down a ship.  I will also note that if you have a shot at a ship thats taken a bit of dmg vs a ship that still has crack shot on it and maybe hasn't taken any dmg, I'd risk the shot at the crack shot.  Each one you eliminate before the CS is a huge boon imo.

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

Captain Oicunn (50)

lol .. ok. Sure it did.

You can believe what you want to about it, but that is what happened. Also, thank you for pointing out my mistake. I know that I shouldn't have acted that way, and I am sorry about that.

Edited by OmegaLeader144

Palpshuttle

Wampa w/ Stealth Device

117pts

==================

The Inquisitor (31)

Carnor Jax (36)

Captain Oicunn (50)

lol .. ok. Sure it did.

Captain Oicunn (42)

Adaptability (0)

The Inquisitor (29)

Carnor Jax (29)

I do know that, but thank you for saying it again. I was telling the truth about it deleting that part of the text. Also, sorry for coming off that way I didn't mean too.

Thank you.

I dont think I was being that rude pointing out his original mistake.. all he had to do was say "doh!".. and we all could have laughed it off.

I do know that, but thank you for saying it again. I was telling the truth about it deleting that part of the text. Also, sorry for coming off that way I didn't mean too.

Okay .. I was ready to drop this, then you come right back and continue to claim that I deleted/ modified your original post. What the hell?

Edit: Sorry I think I have misunderstood your original claim.

I thought you meant that I edited your post in my quote of you, I thought you were claiming that I was lying and trying to make you look bad. I apologize if you saw the comment of me insulting you in this post, that was based on a misunderstanding.

If you indeed mean that you highlighted part of your original text in your post and accidentally deleted before posting .. that is less offensive than claiming that I was lying.

But I do have to wonder where the "and check your math" part of your comment went. It would mean that you somehow precisely deleted an entire sentence inside your paragraph ... before posting it.

w/e .. I'm over it.. moving on.

Edited by Tenka