Sign in to follow this  
Olethros

New ships in Rogue One (U-wing and Tie Striker)

Edelweiss has shared the motherload of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story images and information. A full list of names was published revealing all of the “highly skilled soldiers, fierce warriors, Rebel Alliance captains, enforcer droids, and freelance assassins” from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. But the most important thing for us? New ships in the rebellion era! The information is from the Rogue One: The Official Visual Story Guide which is listed on Edelweiss.

9781942556411_il_7_e8477.jpg9781942556411_il_6_c2d35.jpg

I will put some of the pictures here. What do you guys think of the new ships?

9781942556411_il_10_a5e44.jpg

I really liked the U-wing, but it seems to similar to a X-wing in function terms... The Tie Striker seem to simple for me, i think i'm getting tired of the Tie design... and I am mostly an imperial player..

I love TIEs, but the Striker seems a bit to "modern" for the period - would look better later around Jedi beside interceptors... (love the design though!)

I think the U-Wing is a little boring but not terrible...

It was in the description of the book. It seems to be too good to be fan made, and the ships appear in multiple angles and drawings. I would say this is legit... Makingstarwars.com seems  to believe it as well...

I'm honestly a bit disappointed by this. The movie taking place in the era we're familiar with is introducing distinct ships, but the new era did little more than repaint familiar ones. Isn't that backwards?

Also, not everything in the Expanded Universe was bad. Even I'm annoyed that they seem to be going out of their way to not reintroduce things that would be perfectly usable.

I don't hate these, in fact they look pretty decent, I just think they're completely unnecessary.

Edited by Jokubas

Seriously? Im tired of those ships. I want them to bring in new ships. This film will hardly have anything new in it and the Force Awakens didnt either.

Yeah, the old ships are my favourites and I want them to get some more time in the spotlight, kicking ass and blowing up TIEs. Proper TIEs.

I'm glad they aren't introducing a ton of new stuff into Rogue One.  It's set just before a ANH.  If they bring in all these new, kick ass fighters etc. it leads to the inevitable question of "Why wasn't this stuff used in ANH, ESB, ROTJ etc."

Now, we all know why - because of the order in which the films were made.  But it still jars from an in-film universe and continuity perspective.

I should clarify, I'm cool with some neat new ships. Our modern forces have a staggering array of variety and historically there have always been wierd and wacky experimental craft. I just really love the OT ships and want them to have another moment in the sun, I'd hate for the X Wings and TIE fighters to be over shadowed by U wings and new TIEs.

The evolution:

pic3019988.jpg

And I know the ETA-3 is not canon, but it fits.

For as much as I do not love the prequiles... there are some cool ships in there. I own these by badass F-Toys and such. There are some very nice new Micro Machines out now too. MEL has the goods too of courses if you can do your own modeling.

:D

REB%2BJEDI%2BHYPER%2BATTACK.png REB%252520JEDI%252520GOLD.png

The evolution:

pic3019988.jpg

And I know the ETA-3 is not canon, but it fits.

Is that right? I would have thought that the TIE Striker would be derivative of the Fighter, not the other way round. Certainly the Fighter appears earlier in canon.

Edited by AndrewGPaul