Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxam

*SPOILERS* Rogue One ships

211 posts in this topic

TIE Striker Aerial Assault Vehicle.

Sounds like a non-space ship to me (thought the description implies otherwise).  And looks like a butterfly.  Not bad, but would have been nice to see something not TIE.  It's a nice design FWIW.

The U wing looks bitchin though.  Kinda makes me think it might be a Rebel Defender analogue - fast punchy, well-shielded, but not able to turn much.

Edited by thespaceinvader
Odanan, Crabbok, knavelead and 3 others like this

TIE Striker Aerial Assault Vehicle.

Sounds like a non-space ship to me (thought the description implies otherwise).  And looks like a butterfly.  Not bad, but would have been nice to see something not TIE.  It's a nice design FWIW.

The U wing looks bitchin though.  Kinda makes me think it might be a Rebel Defender analogue - fast punchy, well-shielded, but not able to turn much.

Yeah I quite like the Striker design, but feel it's a little modern for the period ... looks like standard TIE firepower, so game-wise ... a 2 Attack Interceptor?

knavelead likes this

For some reason, that TIE looks oddly familiar...

Was it in the old Star Wars Rebellion game or something? Looks really familiar...

Still interesting... The new "wing" looks like something out of Wipeout, though.  :)

Edited by bahourmat
Lampyridae likes this

For some reason, that TIE looks oddly familiar...

Was it in the old Star Wars Rebellion game or something? Looks really familiar...

It looks a lot like the TIE Hunter with the top wings removed... (IMHO)

ArbitraryNerd likes this

It also looks like an predecessor to the TIE/sf concept art.  Which makes me wonder if the concept art wasn't used in the Force Awakens so this could be used in Rogue One, then the evolution of the design could be used in Episode VIII...

kopmcginty likes this

It seems to be an aeroplane, not a space vehicle. Admittedly, if you go right down that route, a TIE cockpit ball without any wings at all would be even better, but this is something that says "fighter plane" rather than "junk" to the audience. :)

"Just another TIE Fighter"? Yes, well so were the Bomber and the Interceptor.