Sign in to follow this  
NeutroniumBeast

Droids - Internalized Components - Backpack

When I was still a player (now GM) I played an Astromech Droid and have done just that.

Was basically like a trunk in the back.  :D

I feel like anything goes as far as flavored internalized components go.

Anything major that alters stats would need a cybernetic though.

Our mech has a modular backpack internalized. It quite useful for storage, but she decided that her chassis is now somewhat more voluminous around her backside. She added cyberlimbs as well and now has legs like "The Luggage" from discworld. Makes climbing, jumping, etc a much easier and finally got the agility of the droid up to 5 as well. Oh and repulsors. Always aim to add repulsors or a jetpack or both to your astromech droid.  

Edited by SEApocalypse

Our mech has a modular backpack internalized. It quite useful for storage, but she decided that her chassis is not somewhat more voluminous around her backside. She added cyberlimbs as well and now has legs like "The Luggage" from discworld. Makes climbing, jumping, etc a much easier and finally got the agility of the droid up to 5 as well. Oh and repulsors. Always aim to add repulsors or a jetpack or both to your astromech droid.  

This there a pre-existing item that approximates repulsors well? My astromech character's been having mobility issues, and I was thinking about making customizable armor and adding integrated ascension gear as a lighter, cheaper alternative to an integrated jetpack, but I'm always on the lookout for more options.

The only stipulation I have is that if it's something permanent/attached addition to a droid PC it's a cybernetic slot.  If they just want the idea/concept, it's simply a bolted on component, but can be removed.

Edited by 2P51

Our mech has a modular backpack internalized. It quite useful for storage, but she decided that her chassis is not somewhat more voluminous around her backside. She added cyberlimbs as well and now has legs like "The Luggage" from discworld. Makes climbing, jumping, etc a much easier and finally got the agility of the droid up to 5 as well. Oh and repulsors. Always aim to add repulsors or a jetpack or both to your astromech droid.  

This there a pre-existing item that approximates repulsors well? My astromech character's been having mobility issues, and I was thinking about making customizable armor and adding integrated ascension gear as a lighter, cheaper alternative to an integrated jetpack, but I'm always on the lookout for more options.

Standard Issued Alliance Aratech R82 Jump Boots (SoR, p115). That looks like what R2-D2 is using. Or simplys a Jetpack, this seems what Chopper is using. Though I see no problem with adding a simple repulsor system to the mech which allows flying and hovering on personal scale. Should be cheaper and a little lighter than a standard jetpack, but don't give you the speed 1 on planetary scale. I mean, we have repulsors in couch cushions to make them more fluffy and lets not forget repulsor belts as simple security measure for those poor people without wings or as security measure for swoop bike pilots ;-) 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Repulsor_belt/Canon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Repulsor_belt

Edited by SEApocalypse