Sign in to follow this  
Randito

Rules question: Leader on a mission card that can't complete

Got a rules question that came up during our first game (which we didn't get to finish because of time reasons).

The empire put a leader on an interrogation order; it is used against a captured rebel leader.  However, before he could play the mission, the captured leader was freed.  

What happens if a leader is unable to do the mission card because it's invalid or doesn't have enough icons?  Does it go back to the leader pool or can you do something else with it?  

Awesome.  Thanks for the replies.

To answer the specific, I had set up a sweet chain-of-events.  I had the Darth Vader setup with a Capture Rebels mission and "the 3-Intel guy" set up with Interrogation Droid mission card.  But dang it, if sweet sweet Leia didn't escape.  

Edited by Randito

To answer the specific, I had set up a sweet chain-of-events.  I had the Darth Vader setup with a Capture Rebels mission and "the leader guy" set up with Interrogation Droid mission card.  But dang it, if sweet sweet Leia didn't escape.  

Two rounds in a row I once set up Darth to capture Jedi Luke and the Emperor to turn him to the Dark Side.  Both times, Leia kept Luke from being captured.  So on the following round I captured Leia and turned her to the Dark Side!  Had the Emperor known Leia was a Skywalker, the fate of the Empire could have gone a very different direction...

To answer the specific, I had set up a sweet chain-of-events.  I had the Darth Vader setup with a Capture Rebels mission and "the leader guy" set up with Interrogation Droid mission card.  But dang it, if sweet sweet Leia didn't escape.  

Two rounds in a row I once set up Darth to capture Jedi Luke and the Emperor to turn him to the Dark Side.  Both times, Leia kept Luke from being captured.  So on the following round I captured Leia and turned her to the Dark Side!  Had the Emperor known Leia was a Skywalker, the fate of the Empire could have gone a very different direction...

I had the PERFECT setup. Captured Luke and then Vader & Palpy turned him to the Dark Side, despite Obi-Wan attempting to stop their influence.

Then, with Luke's badass stats, I kept putting him on the same mission card (don't recall which, but it would have helped me locate the base fairly quickly, but required someone for interrogation). For the rest of the game, I was unable to catch any more rebels. I ended up wasting 2-3 missions every round, barring the last two rounds (at which point, it was too late).

v.v Evil Luke did absolutely NOTHING that game :/