Sign in to follow this  
shmitty

North American Championships (GenCon) on sale today

... debating.  Hopefully some will still be up.  Just bought my ticket to Origins, and still trying to figure out how to get out there.  At least I know where I can spend the night (my Dad lives near Akron, and would be excited to see me.)

Could anyone post a link with more information?

You mean just to one of the event descriptions?

https://www.gencon.com/events/91737

Don't forget Flight 2, on Friday!  Winners from both are combined into the cut on Saturday!

https://www.gencon.com/events/91738

Edited by thecactusman17

Could anyone post a link with more information?

You mean just to one of the event descriptions?

https://www.gencon.com/events/91737

Don't forget Flight 2, on Friday!  Winners from both are combined into the cut on Saturday!

https://www.gencon.com/events/91738

The Thursday flight's the one I could find a link to the easiest.  I was bein' lazy.  :)

Can someone help me out here:

-Is "Nationals" the same as North American Championships?

-I need a GenCon pass in order to do the Armada tournie, right? (but only the day I would be going, not the full 4 day pass).

-I need a GenCon pass in order to do the Armada tournie, right? (but only the day I would be going, not the full 4 day pass).

1) Yes and No.

Consider it as two "Nationals", as the prizes are rumoured to be identical between them, and winners get the jump to Worlds as well...  No, because that might change at a moments notice...  Either way, there's very little solid information on it, as it is the first time its happening...

2)  Yes.  And you may also need to have a Pass for the Finals on the Saturday, if you're intending or hopeful on doing well....

1) Yes and No.

Consider it as two "Nationals", as the prizes are rumoured to be identical between them, and winners get the jump to Worlds as well...  No, because that might change at a moments notice...  Either way, there's very little solid information on it, as it is the first time its happening...

2)  Yes.  And you may also need to have a Pass for the Finals on the Saturday, if you're intending or hopeful on doing well....

You do not need a pass for finals. I purchased it thinking it was maybe some sort of additional fee they had to include for some reason but it was refunded.

1) Yes and No.

You do not need a pass for finals. I purchased it thinking it was maybe some sort of additional fee they had to include for some reason but it was refunded.

Right...but...if you only buy a 1 day badge for $55, and you make the finals...you are SOL, right? (they wont' let you in?)  I apologize if the questions are noobism. I've never been to a big gaming convention before.

1) Yes and No.

Right...but...if you only buy a 1 day badge for $55, and you make the finals...you are SOL, right? (they wont' let you in?)  I apologize if the questions are noobism. I've never been to a big gaming convention before.

That is correct.

Everyone has always referred to the GenCon tournaments as "Nationals".  The prize support last year say "North American Championships" on it.

This year "Nationals" is at the Origins Game Fair in Colombus in June and the N.A> Championships is at GenCon.

Dumb question....does the regional bye guarantee you a spot in the Nationals or do you just get a guaranteed spot at Worlds for a win at Nationals?

Regional Wins get you a Bye at Nationals, I believe...

A Win at a Regionals gets you a reserved place at Worlds...  But everything is on your Head.

I believe a Win at Nationals gets you not only reserved place at worlds, but Entry and even Transport as a possibility...  But I cannot find the document right now on the FFG Website.

Dumb question....does the regional bye guarantee you a spot in the Nationals or do you just get a guaranteed spot at Worlds for a win at Nationals?

A Win at a Regionals gets you a reserved place at Worlds...  But everything is on your Head.

I believe a Win at Nationals gets you not only reserved place at worlds, but Entry and even Transport as a possibility...  But I cannot find the document right now on the FFG Website.

I believe the free trip to Worlds kicks in next year.  I think that was part of the announced revamp of the 2017 OP program.

I believe the free trip to Worlds kicks in next year.  I think that was part of the announced revamp of the 2017 OP program.

Yeah, I honestly don't remember which one I was reading for that, and additionally, I can't really be website scrawling while I'm this deep in commission painting :D

Y'hear that, rules Forum...  I'm Distracted! 

Go get questions answered from someone other than me!