Sign in to follow this  
thestggrwng

To the guy who borrowed my K-wing in Denver

Hope you get it back

That one thing that irks me about people

Your kind enough to lend out something but then they don't have the decency to return

Be one thing if it was something common like an upgrade card like Proton Torpedoes, but a ship

That's pretty inconsiderate

Hopefully he's not an out of towner

I also hope you know his name

Also who shows to a tournament Not even having all the ships to fly, and has to resort to borrowing from someone there?

Edited by Krynn007

Hope you get it back

Also who shows to a tournament Not even having all the ships to fly, and has to resort to borrowing from someone there?

It happens. Flying RC has taught me that if an essential item can be forgotten it will be forgotten. I hate showing up and realizing I've forgotten my radio, or the batteries, or the screws to hold the wing on the plane...

Fairly certain you dropped and forgot to return my k-wing model I let you borrow. If you can message me to get it back I would appreciate it

Good luck. Hope you get it back and quickly. Edited by LagJanson

To be fair...these regionals tournaments pop up super fast with no time to prepare.

They are rarely announced anywhere in advance and people just basically have to be ready to jump in a car at a moment's notice.

I mean...you barely have enough time in the months between a date being announced to waste even a moment looking at your tray to see if your materials are there.

One time, at world's.... I saw that Nathan fella jump out if a moving car...pull a squad out of his pocket on the landing.hopped in on one foot because he was carving an E wing out of the rubber from his other shoe,and basically crawled to a table hoping a sweat spot on his shirt would dry out and the crust would have a passing resemblance to the last shield token he would need to complete his list.

The other question is:

Why do you have a K-wing with you at Regionals when not flying with it?

My standard bag contains a bit of everything and pretty much every major tournament I go to I end up lending someone something, though I usually get a phone number in case him/me/both of us forget. I've lent chits and dials at the regional and national level to strangers and have never failed to get something back after the tournament.

The other question is:

My standard bag contains a bit of everything and pretty much every major tournament I go to I end up lending someone something, though I usually get a phone number in case him/me/both of us forget. I've lent chits and dials at the regional and national level to strangers and have never failed to get something back after the tournament.

Good idea as always to come prepared. You never know when you may hit yourself with the " I feel like flying (insert ship here) today instead of what I was planning" bat.

The other question is:

Good idea as always to come prepared. You never know when you may hit yourself with the " I feel like flying (insert ship here) today instead of what I was planning" bat.

Unfortunately at big tournaments that isn't usually an option (we have to send the list at least a few days before) but I definitely do this for the smaller ones  :D

That's pretty inconsiderate

That's not borrowing that's stealing...

C'mon guys, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? There could be a hundred reasons why it slipped his mind before leaving. Don't got chucking accusations of theft around straight off the bat.
I never said he was guilty of anything

Just pretty inconsiderate

If I borrowed something I make sure you receive it back asap.

Now something small like a dial, even a card I could see that being forgotten

But a ship?

To pack it up and leave after dropping out, and not take the time to return to an owner. Pretty inconsiderate imo

Guy was kind enough to help someone out, who later then drops, and doesn't return a piece?

Again if it was something small, meh, but a ship?

How does someone do that?

I know people out there are like that, but still surprises me.

I don't borrow then run off, and if I did, I'd feel some God awful terrible, and would try to reach the owner.

First thing I'd do is probably post on here asking for the owner of item in question.

Buddy hasn't even taken the time go do thst

I'd never loan him anything again.

To me that's pretty **** rude, and inconsiderate

Edited by Krynn007

Yeah I no longer let strangers I don't know play with my X-wing models or cards. One time I let a couple of kids use my X-wing collection as a demo and that was a mistake I will never do again.

I'm curious to see just how much damage could be done. What got broken/lost/stolen/eaten/traded for sweets/literally vaporised/encased in carbonite?

Yeah I no longer let strangers I don't know play with my X-wing models or cards. One time I let a couple of kids use my X-wing collection as a demo and that was a mistake I will never do again.

I'm curious to see just how much damage could be done. What got broken/lost/stolen/eaten/traded for sweets/literally vaporised/encased in carbonite?

Running demos with metal minis we've had them 'walk' occasionally. Broken minis are very common. Haven't seen anybody lick the paint yet.

Hey, X-wing is serious plastic crack, people might try to inhale or inject it :P