Sign in to follow this  
LittleOrc

Road to Legend & expansions.

Hi guys, 

so I am playing this with my partner, just 2 players. We are really enjoying it, so much more than the base game when one of us had to be the OL. Currently we only have the 2nd edition base game, but want to expand on some expansions. Two questions;

Do the expansions add more available quests and side quests than currently available with just the base game?

What expansions would you recommend?

Thanks

Kassie

Hi Kassie,

With the free included mini-campaign "Rise of All Goblins" expansions do not add (Side) Quests.

However, this will be the case with new full campaigns, which need to be bought. Kindred Fire is the first, as you can see in the app.

So each small and big box expansion will add Side Quests to those full campaigns.

What expansions do add from the get-go, including for the free mini-campaign, is (obviously) Heroes and Classes, but also Monsters, Conditions, Shop Items.

I'm playing the mini-campaign for the second time, and each time what would be "Open" Monster Groups in regular Descent games are different Monsters from the pool I have available. For me that's currently the Lair of the Wyrm and Labyrinth of Ruin expansions.

In summary, expansions add "regular" stuff to the pool of options the app chooses from. For additonal Side Quests, they only add those in the full in-app purchase campaigns.

Have fun!

Jeroen

Hi Kassie,

With the free included mini-campaign "Rise of All Goblins" expansions do not add (Side) Quests.

However, this will be the case with new full campaigns, which need to be bought. Kindred Fire is the first, as you can see in the app.

So each small and big box expansion will add Side Quests to those full campaigns.

What expansions do add from the get-go, including for the free mini-campaign, is (obviously) Heroes and Classes, but also Monsters, Conditions, Shop Items.

I'm playing the mini-campaign for the second time, and each time what would be "Open" Monster Groups in regular Descent games are different Monsters from the pool I have available. For me that's currently the Lair of the Wyrm and Labyrinth of Ruin expansions.

In summary, expansions add "regular" stuff to the pool of options the app chooses from. For additonal Side Quests, they only add those in the full in-app purchase campaigns.

Have fun!

Jeroen

For anyone wondering the Text in the app is as following:

"Kindred Fire is a campaign expansions for Road to Legend, setting heroes upon the trail of Merick Farrow's devastation. The expansion features all new Story and Side Quests, new Travel Events and Perils, and access to all Side Quests provided by products in your collection!"

Is there a release date for kindred fire yet?

Sadly not yet. But who knows if they even announce it properly or just come around and say stuff like: it will be available in the next few days/hours.... or "immediately" ;)

Edited by Kaisho