Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Custom Card League: Submit your entries now!

Some time ago I thought about something similar, but not as a title -

12592300_1711909142378060_64171858427435

Power consumption should be reflected so I went for this, but I am not sure if red 1 turns is enough.

As a modification, yes, it would have drawbacks.

But my title was made to reflect the X3 prototype, which came before the mass produced TIE Interceptor. The X3 was very similar to the TIE Avenger (even in the looks) and was in the end replaced by a "striped down" version (the TIE/in).

Some time ago I thought about something similar, but not as a title -

As a modification, yes, it would have drawbacks.

But my title was made to reflect the X3 prototype, which came before the mass produced TIE Interceptor. The X3 was very similar to the TIE Avenger (even in the looks) and was in the end replaced by a "striped down" version (the TIE/in).

Yes, you are correct. I made mine to deal with modifications such as those by Zaarin or made in Avenger Squadron.

I suppose it is because I've proposed this title (named the same as yours)

12654479_1711911202377854_84845196320526

to recreate performance of mass produced TIE/INs I didn't think about the prototypes of the entire series.

#4.5 entry:

Assorted ships

Got dials for these?

Not yet. If you guys like some of these ships, we can figure out the dial.

I like the Vaksai and the H-wing.  They could be very interesting ships.  I figure the Vaksai would have a TIE fighterish dial and the H-wing would have something fairly close to a Y-wing.

Just a few for me.

Final Submission

Author: Kdubb

Automatic-Sealups-Front-Face.png

Design notes: I designed this card as a sort of "crit" counter, but in the current meta it can serve as a cheap option to mitigate the power of the alpha strike. With how efficient the alpha strike is currently, being able to change one of the crit results to a focus result and the rest to regular hits for just a single point is a nice option for ships that struggle against it. It may not be an "exciting" upgrade, but I really feel it would add a good option to the game against an overly popular archetype.

Drumfire-Missiles-Front-Face.png

Design notes: While torpedoes have seen a resurgence since the release of Guidance Chips and the Contracted Scout, missiles- outside of the use of Prockets on aces with a missile slot- haven't seen a similar amount of use. Drumfire Missiles looks to give missile users another option to consider. Drumfire Missiles benefit the user for using their actions effectively, allowing them to keep their target lock to modify the attack in the case they have both a target lock and focus. This should combo well with the new mod, Long Range Scanners, which allows a ship to get a target lock beyond range 3, meaning meeting the requirement to keep the target lock is much easier. While costing a steep price of 6 squad points, having a range 1-2 band and 5 attack dice make it a terrifying threat to any ship that gets within the range of fire.

Seeker-Missiles-Front-Face2.png

Design notes: If Automatic Seal up is an upgrade to better deal with the alpha strike, Seeker Missiles are an upgrade to better deal with the mighty aces. This card, coming in at a hefty 5 squad points with a restricted range band of just 2, can erase an ace in a single hit- if you can hit them. It has an incredible risk-reward strategy aligned to it. Yes, it can take out some popular ships in a single shot, but with only 3 dice being rolled on the attack, and the likelihood that these ace fighters have more than enough capability to get out of that range 2 band post maneuver, you will have to do some top level flying and list building to get your points worth out of this upgrade.

Edited by Kdubb

Just a few for me.

Final Submission

Author: Kdubb

Automatic-Sealups-Front-Face.png

Design notes: I designed this card as a sort of "crit" counter, but in the current meta it can serve as a cheap option to mitigate the power of the alpha strike. With how efficient the alpha strike is currently, being able to change one of the crit results to a focus result and the rest to regular hits for just a single point is a nice option for ships that struggle against it. It may not be an "exciting" upgrade, but I really feel it would add a good option to the game against an overly popular archetype.

Drumfire-Missiles-Front-Face.png

Design notes: While torpedoes have seen a resurgence since the release of Guidance Chips and the Contracted Scout, missiles- outside of the use of Prockets on aces with a missile slot- haven't seen a similar amount of use. Drumfire Missiles looks to give missile users another option to consider. Drumfire Missiles benefit the user for using their actions effectively, allowing them to keep their target lock to modify the attack in the case they have both a target lock and focus. This should combo well with the new mod, Long Range Scanners, which allows a ship to get a target lock beyond range 3, meaning meeting the requirement to keep the target lock is much easier. While costing a steep price of 6 squad points, having a range 1-2 band and 5 attack dice make it a terrifying threat to any ship that gets within the range of fire.

Seeker-Missiles-Front-Faces.png

Design notes: If Automatic Seal up is an upgrade to better deal with the alpha strike, Seeker Missiles are an upgrade to better deal with the mighty aces. This card, coming in at a hefty 5 squad points with a restricted range band of just 2, can erase an ace in a single hit- if you can hit them. It has an incredible risk-reward strategy aligned to it. Yes, it can take out some popular ships in a single shot, but with only 3 dice being rolled on the attack, and the likelihood that these ace fighters have more than enough capability to get out of that range 2 band post maneuver, you will have to do some top level flying and list building to get your points worth out of this upgrade.

Seeker missile would be totally broken on Blount.  Oh, I got your interceptor or cloaked phantom in arc at range 2?  Well, they're dead.  Sorry.

Edited by VanderLegion

Seeker missile would be totally broken on Blount.  Oh, I got your interceptor or cloaked phantom in arc at range 2?  Well, they're dead.  Sorry.

I doubt that would be the case honestly. First, the player is still paying a heavy tax to run it, and second, any smart player will do everything in their power to avoid getting in his range 2 band and just PS kill him before he gets the shot off. I mean, it can't be much crazier than Ghost+autoblaster+acc corrector. Yes, that is a MUCH pricier combo, but it is coming on a much bulkier ship which can take punishment for a number of rounds, whereas if players are scared of Blount, he can easily be outflown and killed without even getting the missile off.

And even if it was crazy good on him, I wouldn't mind that at all. The meta is really ace heavy, and having a hard counter to them would be beneficial in my opinion. It could even have the positive effect of pushing ace players to reconsider their mod slot choice and run hull or shield upgrade to prevent the kill.

It is also worth noting that it is one of those cards that is match up dependent, and if you are running this, you risk the possibility of running in to a list where it has minimal effect. Cards of this nature have historically seen little play, and with the price tag, the limited range, the limited attack dice (for non-Blount ships), I don't see it being overpowered in any way.

I didn't intend it to do four damage to cloaked ships, btw. I will have to change the wording to "printed agility value".

Who is letting Blount get into range 2 at with a Interceptor or Phantom?

The fact that you don't see Blount equipped with Advanced Homing missiles all over the meta shows how not broken it is.

Edited by CheapCreep

I doubt that would be the case honestly. First, the player is still paying a heavy tax to run it, and second, any smart player will do everything in their power to avoid getting in his range 2 band and just PS kill him before he gets the shot off. I mean, it can't be much crazier than Ghost+autoblaster+acc corrector. Yes, that is a MUCH pricier combo, but it is coming on a much bulkier ship which can take punishment for a number of rounds, whereas if players are scared of Blount, he can easily be outflown and killed without even getting the missile off.

And even if it was crazy good on him, I wouldn't mind that at all. The meta is really ace heavy, and having a hard counter to them would be beneficial in my opinion. It could even have the positive effect of pushing ace players to reconsider their mod slot choice and run hull or shield upgrade to prevent the kill.

It is also worth noting that it is one of those cards that is match up dependent, and if you are running this, you risk the possibility of running in to a list where it has minimal effect. Cards of this nature have historically seen little play, and with the price tag, the limited range, the limited attack dice (for non-Blount ships), I don't see it being overpowered in any way.

I didn't intend it to do four damage to cloaked ships, btw. I will have to change the wording to "printed agility value".

Having it use focus means you don't need deadeye, so you can VI blount up to 8.  That puts him on even footing with all the new imperial aces (omega leader, inquisitor, VI rudor, etc) so it's a tossup whether those will get to arc-dodge him.  The PS9+ can arcdodge, but you only need one round where they don't quite get out of range 2 to kill them.  And if you fly biggs nearby, the ability to PS kill him goes out the window.  Not getting the extra damage against cloaked ships helps.

You could also reword it to be, instead of "If this attack hits", "At the start of the compare results phase, if there is at least 1 uncancelled hit result".  That would bypass blount's autohit being able to auto-kill an interceptor.

Having it use focus means you don't need deadeye, so you can VI blount up to 8.  That puts him on even footing with all the new imperial aces (omega leader, inquisitor, VI rudor, etc) so it's a tossup whether those will get to arc-dodge him.  The PS9+ can arcdodge, but you only need one round where they don't quite get out of range 2 to kill them.  And if you fly biggs nearby, the ability to PS kill him goes out the window.  Not getting the extra damage against cloaked ships helps.

You could also reword it to be, instead of "If this attack hits", "At the start of the compare results phase, if there is at least 1 uncancelled hit result".  That would bypass blount's autohit being able to auto-kill an interceptor.

Eh, I still don't think it needs a change. Aren't we looking for options to open the meta up, not keep it status quo? I would be thrilled to see something as wild as Blount with Biggs support. Why are we worried about this being an issue for an archetype which is dominating the meta right now? If anything, we should use this opportunity to look for more options to combat them.

And your arguments are similar to those I heard about the Accuracy corrector blaster on the Ghost (although admittedly the ability to be at PS 8 is important to fighting aces). But as long as the aces move second, I would say a range 2 shot from Blount is easier to avoid than the rng 1 autoblaster from the Ghost. Range 2 means arc dodgers can boost and barrel roll, whereas if their movement gets predicted by a Ghost player, boost is, a lot of the time, not an option because it is either blocked by the ships base or simply just brings them tighter into the range band with no range band after 1 to try to jump in to.

But let's say the VI seeker missiles Blount combo does turn in to a top meta option. Aces simply adapt and go back to list building. They bring support that can handle Blount and keep him off their back. They make initiative a priority. Adaptability Omega Leader becomes a thing. Carnor Jax becomes a more popular pick. Juno Eclipse comes in to play since she can use her ability to assure she doesn't get caught in range 2. Obstacle placement and understanding of the rule of 11 becomes more important to divert Blount from getting ships into range 2. Rng 3 secondaries become more desirable in an attempt to clear him off the board before he gets in to range 2.

The card might change the game, but it certainly wouldn't break it.

As most of my custom cards, this is not supposed to be a fix, but an application of the lore: * FINAL VERSION *

x_wing_miniatures_game___custom_upgrade_

From the Wookieepedia "The original production model came equipped with four L-s9.3 laser cannons, one installed on each wingtip. New targeting software was installed in the TIE Interceptor, and the SFS T-s9a targeting computer offered greater accuracy during complex flight maneuvers. Twin laser cannon hardpoints still remained on the "chin" portion of the cockpit module. Provided that technicians could find room for additional power generators, these cannons could also be utilized. The Interceptors were also capable of supporting concussion warheads. Further upgrades, including hyperdrives, proton torpedo launchers, and advanced shielding made them equal to the Rebellion's X-wing starfighters."

In RotJ film, you can see the Interceptors using the chin cannons (though sometimes the lasers are red instead of the standard Imperial green).

Fightercover.png

PS: I'm pretty happy with the laser effects I managed to do on the Photoshop. ^^

Edited by Odanan

Here are the ones I posted in the other thread.

Submission Form: Upgrade

Name: Blind Fire

Type:EPT

Upgrade text: See card

Cost: 4

Design notes: This card represents the ability of a Jedi to use the force as Luke did in the attack on the Death Star.

Name: Deception

Upgrade text: See card text below.

Design notes: This works on the idea that a Jedi could deceive a pilot of lesser skill by using the force, much as Obi-Wan does to the storm troopers.. 

Name: Force Choke

Type: EPT

Upgrade text: Imperial Only.  See card text.

Cost: 5

Design notes: This represents the ability of the Sith to use the Force Choke over a distance, such as Vader did.  Probably should have a range limitation of 2 or 3.

Name: Mind Control

Upgrade text: Imperial Only.  See card text.

Design notes: This would represent the ability of the Sith to apply pressure and make it more difficult for a less skilled pilot to perform actions against the Sith..

clnnCUk.jpg

wUGA5Vl.jpg

pVZd1hI.jpg

i5Mhwte.jpg

Here are the ones I posted in the other thread.

xdrOufF.jpg

I like the Chin cannons actually, if you added "boost or Barrel roll" I think it would give a lot of incentive to play generic Interceptors, seeing as with this they are just really efficient glass cannons. Kir Kanos could also get 5 - 6 hits in if built around that

Cool! Will do it.

Here:

Edited by Odanan

I like the Chin cannons actually, if you added "boost or Barrel roll" I think it would give a lot of incentive to play generic Interceptors, seeing as with this they are just really efficient glass cannons. Kir Kanos could also get 5 - 6 hits in if built around that

Cool! Will do it.

Here:

Won't this just make Soontir Fel even worse?  Or is it meant to boost the other guys?

I have to admit that I hate 4 native red dice.

Edited by heychadwick

Cool! Will do it.

Here:

Won't this just make Soontir Fel even worse?  Or is it meant to boost the other guys?

Fel and Phennir are fine. This is meant to boost help the other guys.

I have updated my V-Wing submission to a final version of the designs, and while I'm here I think it's worth submitting my take on fixes for the StarViper and Kihraxz.

AhEbMF7.jpg

The pilots that I've used for the Kihraxz are straight from Star Wars: Galaxies. Talonbane Cobra could do with the rest of his squad to back him up.

Ondara's ability is obviously inspired by Tomax Bren, but a little more limited to compensate for the power of cards like Glitterstim.

PWvJ2F8.jpg

Arlem Demonrunner's ability really opens up his dial. When you can shed stress this easily, it becomes a lot easier to pull risky red moves when you need them.

HhZloNx.jpg

The Vaksai is an upgunned version of the Kihraxz. Rather than introducing it as a new ship, I'd like to see it as a title for the Kihraxz. When I was designing it, I didn't want to make a title that would be an auto-include. I think it's important that the standard Kihraxz would still be worth putting on the field.

Overpriced ordnance doesn't look so bad on the Vaksai - it threatens a really hefty alpha strike.

zoDsocz.jpg

This is a new toy I've been playing with. Comparable to Integrated Astromech, it offers a different choice for your missile slot. The Kihraxz should be pretty close to where it wants to be with what is essentially a cheap extra shield.

mDGv523.jpg

Here's a useful weapon for ships that aren't able to take Extra Munitions.

CEdV7qW.jpg

Vaksai pilots will often modify their fighters further, adding military grade weapon racks to their already substantial payload. This opens up three options to the ship:

Any offensive missile + Aegis Flares

This is a good mix of offence and defence, giving you a powerful one-shot weapon and the ability to take an extra hit.

Aegis Flares + Extra Munitions

You can really turtle up this way, getting to ditch two hits over the course of the game for only three points. That's like two Hull Upgrades for the price of one.

Any offensive missile + Extra Munitions

Most useful with the Vaksai title. You might as well get double use out of your double tap.

yznxnHY.jpg

This PS4 Generic is conspicuously missing from the existing roster of StarViper pilots. It's the magic number that unlocks the Virago title, letting you field a fatter StarViper a little cheaper than Guri.

qNffBzU.jpg

The three StarViper pilots I've presented all represent the Zann Consortium, and here is Tiber Zann's right hand man. He was known for using a personal cloaking device in combat, so it stands to reason that his starfighter would be outfitted similarly. His pilot skill is deliberately low, with the assumption that he's basically wedded to Veteran Instincts in the same way as the Phantom pilots.

hX2QSoE.jpg

This is the same ability I've used for my Boushh V-Wing pilot. I'm just really fond of the design and would like to see it turn up on one of the two, letting them really get maximum benefit out of their defensive tokens. You might have already realised how few ways there are for Tiber Zann to get an evade token, but let's call that foreshadowing.

AiehbUB.jpg

The Virago was equipped with unique microthrusters, mounted on its wingtips and coordinated by the flight computer, they hugely enhanced its manoeuvrability.

One issue that the StarViper faces is its general lack of defensive options - when you naturally acquire defensive tokens while repositioning your expensive butterfly, it becomes easier to keep it on the field.

The microthrusters fill your torpedo slot, leaving the modification open for important options like Autothrusters or Stealth Device.

1IGMbru.jpg

After Prince Xizor's death, the StarViper began being mass-produced. These replicas never quite matched the technological genius that was the Virago, though.

This card helps tackle the enormous cost of the StarViper (With an obvious huge downside). 

At -4 squad points we get some interesting options. Notably, four Black Sun Enforcers with Refit, Microthrusters and Autothrusters suddenly fit at 100 points. The Zann Consortium Ace with the same loadout, plus an EPT of choice will also be an interesting sub-30 point filler option in Scum squads, which is something that's hard to find at the moment.

I think with these cards you'd see two ways to outfit the StarViper both being relevant. Fat aces in the Virago could be very threatening, while cheap pilots with the refit offer a new filler ship to Scum that hasn't really been viable before.

"

Aegis Flares + Extra Munitions

You can really turtle up this way, getting to ditch two hits over the course of the game for only three points. That's like two Hull Upgrades for the price of one."

for 2 points you can take Weapon Racks and just two flares. instead of EM