Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Custom Card League: Submit your entries now!

Final Submissions

Some upgrades inspired by Star Wars: TIE Fighter:

m8ouasa.jpg 6aE8lUi.jpg

oCHik5Q.jpg f0Ze9Gx.jpg

n2F20ik.jpg

Dat Power Management: Weapons/Sheild EPT cost would be really high I would think.  I could see that being straight up abusive on A-wings with multiple EPT slots, or someone like Echo tossing 6 red dice :)

He could reduce for just 1 extra red dice and it would be more balance... (for 4 points?)

Final Submissions

Some upgrades inspired by Star Wars: TIE Fighter:

m8ouasa.jpg 6aE8lUi.jpg

oCHik5Q.jpg f0Ze9Gx.jpg

n2F20ik.jpg

Dat Power Management: Weapons/Sheild EPT cost would be really high I would think.  I could see that being straight up abusive on A-wings with multiple EPT slots, or someone like Echo tossing 6 red dice :)

He could reduce for just 1 extra red dice and it would be more balance... (for 4 points?)

well if its going to give you a weapons disabled token, why limit it to a boost, why not just make it a slam action.

and at 1 red dice its just an ion version of  Expose.which is okay? i guess. also i know it would limit the ships it can be on, but wouldnt "power management" fall under a system slot. also this way it cant be exploited with things like E-baffle to get the free dice to basically be a 'rip off' Miranda

i guess. also i know it would limit the ships it can be on, but wouldnt "power management" fall under a system slot.

Well, like you said, that would limit it.  In the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games, all ships had the ability to do this.

I just made them EPTs to represent the idea that being able to toggle your power settings in the middle of a dogfight requires some small amount of skill.

I mean, if it were up to me, boosting weapons, and shields would have just been regular actions on the action bar, but I didn't get to write the game, so...

Edited by DarthEnderX

Might as well submit all the stuff I still have.

A simple one first:

5LU6hmY.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand the big one:

Explanations of the design decisions can be found in this thread: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/181291-idea-for-tie-experimental-title-cards/page-2

REFERENCE CARD
Slaved Ships
Some Upgrade Cards, such as Sardis Control System instruct you to slave ships to other ships. Slaved Ships follow a number of special rules.

• Only ships equipped with a Remote upgrade card can be slaved.
  • If a ship equipped with a Remote Upgrade card is ever not slaved to a ship on the battlefield it is immediately destroyed.
  • A slaved ship cannot perform actions while it has at least one Ion token assigned to it.
  • A slaved ship cannot receive stress tokens and immediately discards any that would be assigned to it.
  • When a ship has at least stress token (ie: it is stressed) all ships slaved to it are also considered stressed and therefore cannot perform actions or execute red maneuvers.
  • Slaved ships cannot equip EPT upgrade cards.

uSXig1L.jpgc7nz6lP.jpg44Nh2EV.jpgaGOxp5q.jpgROJF5ly.jpgIwU5aZB.jpgPxpohCf.jpg

I like the idea, I was just thinking how rough that one in particular would be on a Phantom...lose a shield roll 6 or possibly 7 red dice, cloak afterwards.  Next round run away, get a shield back, and get ready to do it again.  Not saying you couldn't do it, just that it would be an expensive EPT cost

Final Submission

SoroSuub Luxury Yacht 300 expansion, large base ship

Dial:

SW75Ngn.png

Pilots:

NN921Mo.png

ZUf25xe.png

zFJXtWl.png

For lando I wanted to keep the gambler's theme from the crew card.  Basically, anytime you do a red maneuver you have a 3/8 chance of not taking stress from it.  On the flip side, if you're stressed and do a green maneuver, you have a 3/8 chance of not clearing the stress.

9uhCKWz.png

Upgrades:

I made the titles to try to reflect that different modifications Mara and Lando made to their ships, and the result should be that if you're using the titles you'll fly differently.

i7MthNp.png

Boosts you to a 4 dice primary, but you lose your turret slot, meaning you can ONLY shoot at people in arc.  Lando's ability can (theoretically) help with keeping people in arc since you can potentiallydo red maneuvers and not take stress.

beLBJWS.png

The jade's fire had a shoot back system that would track incoming enemy shots and shoot back at them.  Reflected here by the Target Lock on defending and getting a revenge shot - similar to dengar.  This one isn't limited in arc, but has to be with a turret weapon.  It limits your turret to only firing once per round so you can't do a normal turret attack and a revenge shot with the turret and have 360 double taps.  Instead, if you want 2 attacks you have to use your primary (or a cannon) for one.

Edited by VanderLegion

Export as general purpose rather than printing size.

On the matter of the StealthX, it's both downgunned and downarmoured from the equivalent X-wing.

How's it downgunned?  It has the same attack and a second torpedo slot, which means it can get exra munitions.  It is downarmored, but the stealthx is SUPPOSED to be less armored than a regular x-wing.  On the other hand, it gains barrel roll and cloak, plus the system slot and an extra agility.

Edited by VanderLegion

Awesome job so far, guys!

As of now, we have 10 new pilots for current ships and 19 unique pilots for custom ships, 60 upgrades usable by current ships and 16 upgrades specific to custom ships, and 18 custom ships!

I have my work cut out for me in terms of making the voting forms, it would seem!

Feel free to start new threads here and elsewhere to develop your entries before the deadline.  I will collect entries only from this thread and the thread on reddit, and I'll collect the entries starting at midnight on the due dates.  Anything marked final submission will be used, but I'll only start collecting entries at that time, so if you want to adjust anything between now and then, that is no problem.

Keep the submissions coming!

Edited by Babaganoosh

So here are are cards I cooked up.

a few words of warning the they are characters I created for a battle write up that takes place in the SW universe.

Also I am a bit of a Y-wing Fan so I'm giving them a bit of love (perhaps too Much).

So see what you think, any comments suggestions are welcome even if they are ultimately not chosen the feed back is nice if I should use them casually.

Anzim-Dam-Front-Face_zpsyrnn7ntb.png

Rhados-Dahnil-Front-Face_zpsyegu8fl6.png

Sazzusi-Viyx-Front-Face_zpsvlwsbkj1.png

Kryn-Oz-Ozrak-Front-Face_zpsv7nb64lu.png

all-out-attack-Front-Face_zpszgectkez.pn

R4-A14-Front-Face_zpsv0avmxai.png

Weapons-Astromech-Front-Face_zpsq0bcbvcc

R5-M12-Front-Face_zpsmhmnhkaw.png

#3 entry: TIE Avenger

Dial is something between the TIE Advanced and the TIE Defender.

More upgrade cards to come.

Very good pilots, great images and a sensible title, but I don't think the dial is right.

TIE Avenger was very agile fighter, possibly the most agile in the entire setting.

Sharp, white 1 turn is a must and it should never get straight 1.

In my opinion (also coming from the X-wing/TIE Fighter game series) it should receive red 3 Segnor's Loop either using 3 bank or even 3 sharp turn like with IG-2000.  You might even go crazy and give it red 2 Segnor's Loop as well but using 3 turn template should be unique enough.

It definetely deserves something special showing its incredible flying style.

I'd imagine you want to save Tallon Roll only for TIE Hunter and it is fine.

I'd also advise to reduce its shield value to 2 or even (seems more balanced) to 1 - if it should be good for something it should be its mobility not resilence. I've seen ideas to give it 2 hull and 2 shields which I suppose is also a good solution.

I am sure that people will forgive weaker resilence and higher cost as long as the fighter flies the right way and it definetely was no heavy fighter model like TIE Defender but more like expensive TIE Interceptor with benefits.

You might consider giving it a system upgrade instead of a cannon. It was equipped with a tractor beam, but also with jamming and decoy beam and those could work better as system upgrade cards - unless you have a good idea how to represent them with cannons (or using the rocket slot?).

I don't remember how I ended with that dial, but there is something "scientific" about that. Will review if necessary.

Segnor's Loop was in the plans, but in the end I preferred to not step in TIE/fo (and TIE/sf, my #4 entry) territory. 

About the hull/shield, I would reduce in any way. The Avenger had the same hull as the Interceptor and shields a little less powerful than the Defender. I changed values a bit (reduced hull and maxed shield) to make it more unique. There is no way the Avenger would get 1 shield in this game.

The ship had System in the earlier versions. Might want to add it back.

The current proposal makes it a heavy fighter and it was never described as one. TIE Defender will always be better in this field.

Shields are a problem, but it helps to define a fighter - 3 shields are usually for less mobile, X-Wing-like models.

Translating shield value from any other source is a problem given that this way Defender could claim as many as 16...

I just do not see what it is supposed to be and given the background (and game experience from the PC simulation series) feels overweight with shields draining power from engine.

Edited by Endobai

OAfN0pq.png

Thoughts on reducing the cost of this guy some?  When compared to palpatine, paly can be taken on a cheaper ship (21 points for OGP vs 29 for trandoshan slaver) and most likely can be used every single round (you'll almost always roll at leats some dice) and doesn't require any other point investment to make him work (if you have ships, you'll be rolling attacks and/or defense).  On the other hand, jabba does nothing on his own, meaning you hvae to spend a minimum of 1 point to get an illicit upgrade for him to affect.  And he only works on ships that HAVE illicit upgrades, so if you want him to be able to affect multiple ships, you have to spend more points for more illicit upgrades.  I'm thinking he might be better at like 5 points.  That puts him at a minimum of 6 points to get use after adding an illicit (and up to 8 if it's a hot shot blaster).  Minimum 8 points to get use on 3 different ships, and even then he can only affect 1 per round (if you wanna use multiple illicits the same round you only get to save 1).

Edited by VanderLegion

These feel like they should be dual-sided cards:

aoxe0n.jpg2lb0zdz.jpg

And I guess this is a stand alone:

2ymeuko.jpg

All mine are from this old thread, people had good ideas about modifying them. As I said, I don't know how to point cost so maybe these can just be inspiration for others to do right if they're too broken.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/101263-sharing-homemade-cards/?hl=%2Bstutter+%2Bfire#entry1012555

These feel like they should be dual-sided cards:

Hmm, I hadn't thought of using Dual upgrades.

That could work pretty well for my versions.  3 separate cards, each representing power management between two systems, and each side of the card allowing transfer one-way.

i.e. the Power Management: Weapons/Shields card allows removing a shield for an attack boost on one side, while the other side allows you to sacrifice attack to recover a shield.

Edited by DarthEnderX

On the matter of the StealthX, it's both downgunned and downarmoured from the equivalent X-wing.

How's it downgunned?  It has the same attack and a second torpedo slot, which means it can get exra munitions.  It is downarmored, but the stealthx is SUPPOSED to be less armored than a regular x-wing.  On the other hand, it gains barrel roll and cloak, plus the system slot and an extra agility.

I mean the StealthX is meant to be downgunned and downarmoured. Yours isn't downgunned. (Not that it has to be, mechanics over lore and all, but if you're going for accuracy I'd make it attack 2 and give it a title to focus all its attacks or something).

Joruus's current wording allows pilots to reach natural PS12. Given PS12 is reserved for effects that temporarily boost a pilot above all others (that TIE/fo, Roark, Rieekan) I'd recommend adding "to a maximum of 8" or "to a maximum of 9".

Babaganoosh, as I'm sure you've noticed a lot of the submissions here aren't in rules text form. After the 25th I've got a lot of free time on my hands if you need the ones you choose rephrased.

#3 entry: TIE Avenger

Dial is something between the TIE Advanced and the TIE Defender.

More upgrade cards to come.

Very good pilots, great images and a sensible title, but I don't think the dial is right.

TIE Avenger was very agile fighter, possibly the most agile in the entire setting.

Sharp, white 1 turn is a must and it should never get straight 1.

In my opinion (also coming from the X-wing/TIE Fighter game series) it should receive red 3 Segnor's Loop either using 3 bank or even 3 sharp turn like with IG-2000.  You might even go crazy and give it red 2 Segnor's Loop as well but using 3 turn template should be unique enough.

It definetely deserves something special showing its incredible flying style.

I'd imagine you want to save Tallon Roll only for TIE Hunter and it is fine.

I'd also advise to reduce its shield value to 2 or even (seems more balanced) to 1 - if it should be good for something it should be its mobility not resilence. I've seen ideas to give it 2 hull and 2 shields which I suppose is also a good solution.

I am sure that people will forgive weaker resilence and higher cost as long as the fighter flies the right way and it definetely was no heavy fighter model like TIE Defender but more like expensive TIE Interceptor with benefits.

You might consider giving it a system upgrade instead of a cannon. It was equipped with a tractor beam, but also with jamming and decoy beam and those could work better as system upgrade cards - unless you have a good idea how to represent them with cannons (or using the rocket slot?).

I don't remember how I ended with that dial, but there is something "scientific" about that. Will review if necessary.

Segnor's Loop was in the plans, but in the end I preferred to not step in TIE/fo (and TIE/sf, my #4 entry) territory. 

About the hull/shield, I would reduce in any way. The Avenger had the same hull as the Interceptor and shields a little less powerful than the Defender. I changed values a bit (reduced hull and maxed shield) to make it more unique. There is no way the Avenger would get 1 shield in this game.

The ship had System in the earlier versions. Might want to add it back.

The current proposal makes it a heavy fighter and it was never described as one. TIE Defender will always be better in this field.

Shields are a problem, but it helps to define a fighter - 3 shields are usually for less mobile, X-Wing-like models.

Translating shield value from any other source is a problem given that this way Defender could claim as many as 16...

I just do not see what it is supposed to be and given the background (and game experience from the PC simulation series) feels overweight with shields draining power from engine.

The TIE Avenger was always a "semi-TIE Defender".

What do you propose to make it lore accurate and unique at the same time?

Edited by Odanan

Babaganoosh, as I'm sure you've noticed a lot of the submissions here aren't in rules text form. After the 25th I've got a lot of free time on my hands if you need the ones you choose rephrased.

I have noticed this, yeah.  I think that so long as the intent is clear, the cards will be OK for the first round of submissions.  Then, in the second round where we refine the cards from the first round, we can get into fixing up the language where necessary.  Otherwise, with the number of submissions we are looking at, fixing the language is quite a chore.  Best to save our energy for the cards that make the first round cut, I think.

After that point, anyone can submit a modified version of a card that made the cut, so we should have a lot better rules language in those cards as people focus on perfecting them.  

Can I make a request? I for the life of me can't word my droid pilot (the 1v1 guy) in a satisfactory way. I want his ability to work like this:

When a ship attempts to target lock him, he may immediately (prior to the enemy target lock finishing) acquire a target lock on the enemy ship. Then, if he chooses not to take the lock, the enemy is regarded as "not able to acquire the target lock, similar to being out of range. Thus they can try to target lock something else, or do another action.

Is that kind of ability even possible with the given structure of the rules?

How's it downgunned? It has the same attack and a second torpedo slot, which means it can get exra munitions. It is downarmored, but the stealthx is SUPPOSED to be less armored than a regular x-wing. On the other hand, it gains barrel roll and cloak, plus the system slot and an extra agility.

I mean the StealthX is meant to be downgunned and downarmoured. Yours isn't downgunned. (Not that it has to be, mechanics over lore and all, but if you're going for accuracy I'd make it attack 2 and give it a title to focus all its attacks or something).

Joruus's current wording allows pilots to reach natural PS12. Given PS12 is reserved for effects that temporarily boost a pilot above all others (that TIE/fo, Roark, Rieekan) I'd recommend adding "to a maximum of 8" or "to a maximum of 9".

The problem here is that the StealthX is downgunned relative to its base model: The T65XJ3. Relative to the standard T-65, the StealthX has better laser cannons, and the same amount of torpedo launchers.

My take on the StealthX:

<snip>

Very interesting take on the StealthX. I still think that 4 attack makes more sense as it has flat-out better cannons then the standard X-wing. I like the idea of 2 torpedo slots (I went with a bomb just to be different really) and I chose Tech over Systems just because few ships use tech, but systems fits in as well. I think it would a more interesting ship if it didn't have any repositional abilities aside from cloak, and only 2 agility, but as a bonus had 4 attack. Then it becomes a palpable threat, without becoming another hyper-repositional ace ship. The Shadow bomb is definitely better thought out and worded then mine, but I think it should be a further range then one. One of the characteristics of it was a huge explosion radius, and several times in the book they practically blew themselves up firing them at close range.

Edited by YwingAce