Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Custom Card League: Submit your entries now!

Dunelizard Expansion Final:

dHr8btw.png

WrkD63Z.png

8cvejWS.png

z4kkqce.png

4E5kjrq.png

xl7bMQM.png

Cybernetic Enhancement cards are the same, but I like both of the pictures and couldn't choose  :lol:

When I found this on Wookieepedia I had to make a card for him, the name Erkon the Vile is just too good to not use!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Erkon

Anybody have anymore criticism of the StealthX before I submit the final ones? Speak now or forever hold your peace :lol:

Still waiting on kyps ability...

As far as I understand, we only need to submit generics at this point? Uniques will only be accepted after the ship is voted in?

The wording in the 1v1 droid seems off. The first part of getting a free TL seems unneeded if your opponent can't TL until you already HAVE a TL on him. Why do you need another free one to override the original? Am I missing something?

Couldn't it just say "you can only be TL'ed by an enemy you have TL'ed"

They don't have a native TL action. He was meant to be the "ordinance" pilot, seeing as how the only missile they can carry is the discord missile without taking Targeting Computer. This opens him up to other missiles without the need for an upgrade. I thought it was a neat ability, but if you think it is too good or overly complicated that is fine. If he makes the cut we can fine tune him later.   ^_^

Edit: I will agree with you though, the wording is pretty odd. I couldn't quite pin it down when I was making him...

Edited by Caboose2900

Anybody have anymore criticism of the StealthX before I submit the final ones? Speak now or forever hold your peace :lol:

Still waiting on kyps ability...

As far as I understand, we only need to submit generics at this point? Uniques will only be accepted after the ship is voted in?

That's right.  The voting for ships, with their generic pilots only, happens before other pilots for those ships.

This is to keep voting as granular as possible; this way you can vote down a bad pilot without downvoting a ship class that you otherwise like.  

snip

I would change the faction to scum makes way more sense in the galactic civil war and forward.

Also the adv. fighter title is way too cheap.

Babaganoosh would you consider putting a limit of 8 ships on league lists so as to prevent swarms of these guys?

I agree that they should be scum. Like in Empire at War when the scum faction took over a droideka factory. Would make sense they could have acquired vultures as well. The only reason I put them in as empire was because the border suits them better imo.

The title might be undercosted. Before, I had it say all focus results, which was quite obviously busted. But then I dropped it down to once per instance. My friend said maybe drop it to once per turn even when we discussed it. I tried to make it equal to an Academy Pilot. With the title  and the base droid it is 12 points. If you think that a 2/2/2/0 with one focus per instance is better than an academy, I can understand that.

But the one thing I don't think I could get behind would be to limit them. Their main strength is their ability to swarm. at 2 hp and 2 evades, a triple U-Boat list is practically guaranteed to kill 3 in the opening volley. Any other list is gonna do about the same, maybe only 2 if you get some lucky squiggles. That only leaves 9-10 that survive, with unmodified 2 dice attack. If you slap on any upgrades to give them any sort of ability, then your numbers are gonna drop drastically. With the title you are only talking 8 ships anyways.

The one thing I am surprised no one has mentioned is their dial. It's pretty good. A little wonky with no straight slower than 3, but those white K-turns and S-loops are hot. I figured if I wasn't given them focus because they were droids, that I shouldn't give them stress.... because they are droids.

Anyways, I appreciate the feedback

Could I get feedback on...

Drift Charge

Bomb Upgrade

4 points

Use senator shuttle or wingmate token for proxy

When deployed choose the facing of the bomb and at the end phase of every round move two straight forward. If the bomb or maneuver template ever overlaps a ship or other maneuver template detonate.

Damage: 3 attack dice no defense.

Thanks for any feedback you have, I would love to hear it.

Edited by Hazzerd88

I updated the droids a bit. Think they are better now.   :D

Have some Vulture Droids yo! I was considering posting my Tri-Droids and Hyena Bombers, but I don't want to dilute the droids' chances of winning by giving too many things to vote on. Also, the others are not finished yet anyways. The generics, uniques and upgrades are all separate submissions.

FINAL VERSION (SHIP):

klcWLkp.jpg    CRcvvuA.jpg     ODMZmxu.jpg

FINAL VERSION (PILOTS):

yEn2LvA.jpg     oRu2JSa.jpg

FINAL VERSION (UPGRADES):

qGWUSOD.jpg   Vw6j093.jpg

Buzz Droid Token Reference:

At the beginning of the Combat phase, if you have 1 or more buzz droid token, deal 1 facedown Damage card to yourself. Then discard 1 buzz droid token.

While you have 1 or more buzz droid tokens, your ship gains:

Action: Roll 1 attack die. On a <crit> result, deal one facedown Damage card to yourself. Then, discard 1 buzz droid token.

EDIT : Updated the droids to be scum. I agree, makes more sense. Also, slightly adjusted pricing, opened up CPT's ability and the missiles to all ships, and bumped down the title to once per turn.

Edited by Caboose2900

X-wing fixes:

T65B-Front-Face_zpsqvnobqi9.jpg T-65AC4-Front-Face_zps4gzedwf8.jpg  T65D-A1-Front-Face_zpshicdfats.jpg

Three flavors of X-wings: Cheap systems, slippery, and plain cheap.  

E-Wing fixes

R7-unit-interface-Front-Face_zpsfnjs70a7  E-Wing-Series-II-Front-Face_zpsmsgpnmuq.

Note that both cards will not work with a standard Super-Corran build; I therefore do not consider them dangerous in terms of overpowering Corran.  The R7 interface works for any astromech with 'R7' in the name.  

Astromech to supplement E-wing

R7-Q1-Front-Face_zpskcfko4mh.jpg

Pairs nicely with the interface.  

What do you guys think of these?  I was going to have some of these with negative point costs but didn't manage to get strange eons to allow me to do that, so there is some awkward wording to achieve that effect.  

The wording in the 1v1 droid seems off. The first part of getting a free TL seems unneeded if your opponent can't TL until you already HAVE a TL on him. Why do you need another free one to override the original? Am I missing something?

They don't have a native TL action. He was meant to be the "ordinance" pilot, seeing as how the only missile they can carry is the discord missile without taking Targeting Computer. This opens him up to other missiles without the need for an upgrade. I thought it was a neat ability, but if you think it is too good or overly complicated that is fine. If he makes the cut we can fine tune him later. ^_^

Edit: I will agree with you though, the wording is pretty odd. I couldn't quite pin it down when I was making him...

I like the idea of the cheap droid ships having the downside be less action options, I didn't notice they couldn't native TL. It leads to some interesting possibilities if by the wording you mean that enemies *can* get a TL in the droid, then the droid immediately gets one of them. Then should a 2nd enemy get a TL, enemy #1 loses his TL but the droid now has a TL on both enemies. Is that understanding correct?

When I read it the 1st time through, it sounded like they couldn't even acquire a TL unless the droid already had one. In that case, you might as well just say he can't be targeted :)

Edited by piznit

Here are my entries:

Unique TIE/ln Pilot:

'Bantha' - PS4, no EPT, 14pts.

'When a friendly ship at range 1 is hit by an attack, you may suffer 1 of the uncanceled hit results instead of the target ship.'

Non-unique Title, T-65 X-wing Only:

'Workhorse', 0pts.

'If you equip a modification card, it's squad point cost is reduced by 4 (to a minimum of 0).'

Non-unique Modification, Dual Upgrade card: 

'Advanced Deflectors', 4pts?

SIDE 1: 'When defending against a ship inside your firing arc, during the compare results step you may cancel an additional hit result (to a minimum of 1). You cannot equip this card if your shield value is 1 or lower.'

SIDE 2: 'When defending against a ship outside your firing arc, during the compare results step you may cancel an additional hit result (to a minimum of 1). You cannot equip this card if your shield value is 1 or lower.'

Non-unique Title, T-65 X-wing Only: 

'Rogue Squadron Pilot', 0pts.

'You have the Elite Pilot Talent of each other friendly ship with theRogue Squadron Pilot upgrade card (In addition to your own Elite Pilot Talent). You cannot equip this card if your printed Pilot Skill value is 5 or lower.'

Non-Unique Modification, Hawk-290 Only:
'Combat Refit', 3pts. 
'Your action bar gains the boost action. If you equip a turret card, it's squad points cost is reduced by 3 (to a minimum of 0).' 

Unique Crew Upgrade (2x slots): 

'Obi-wan Kenobi', 8pts.

'At the start of the combat phase, choose one ship. Remove a stress token from that ship and assign it a focus token.'

Non-unique Elite Pilot Talent: 

'Snap Shot', 1pt.

'ACTION: You may perform an attack, this attack cannot be modified, then assign a weapons disabled token to this ship.'

They don't have a native TL action. He was meant to be the "ordinance" pilot, seeing as how the only missile they can carry is the discord missile without taking Targeting Computer. This opens him up to other missiles without the need for an upgrade. I thought it was a neat ability, but if you think it is too good or overly complicated that is fine. If he makes the cut we can fine tune him later. ^_^

I like the idea of the cheap droid ships having the downside be less action options, I didn't notice they couldn't native TL. It leads to some interesting possibilities if by the wording you mean that enemies *can* get a TL in the droid, then the droid immediately gets one of them. Then should a 2nd enemy get a TL, enemy #1 loses his TL but the droid now has a TL on both enemies. Is that understanding correct?

When I read it the 1st time through, it sounded like they couldn't even acquire a TL unless the droid already had one. In that case, you might as well just say he can't be targeted :)

Yeah, I was going for the first bit. Except that nothing else can target him after the first, unless you want to change the lock to the new ship. What I was going for with the awkward wording was that any ship could try to TL him, but they wouldn't get the lock unless he wanted it. Then if he denied the lock they could I guess do another action. I think this wording might be better:

Whenever you are declared the target of a target lock, you may immediately acquire a target lock on the ship acquiring the target lock. If you do not, the ship acquiring the target lock may not lock your ship.

(Treat this the same as not being in range for the TL)

#2.5 entry: Assorted custom crew upgrades:

As I pointed out for someone's Sabine pilot earlier in the thread, any card that lets you stress an opponents ship after they've set their dial but before they move is way OP.  Oh, you dialed a red maneuver?  Nope, you're gonna fly off the board instead.

Agreed...

Replaced with a new version.

Edited by Odanan

#3 entry: TIE Avenger

x_wing_miniatures_game___ship__tie_aveng

x_wing_miniatures_game___custom_upgrade_

Dial is something between the TIE Advanced and the TIE Defender.

More upgrade cards to come.

as much as i'd LOVE an imperial Ace small ship capable of a 1 speed straight. i wouldnt imagine this ship having it :-/

Slightly confused about the boost icon rule.  Do you gain the boost permanently after you do a 1-straight?  Or is it only for that turn?

If it's only for that turn, you may want to change the language to 'after you perform a 1-straight maneuver, you may perform a boost action as your normal action'.  That would be less confusing, to me at least.

Slightly confused about the boost icon rule.  Do you gain the boost permanently after you do a 1-straight?  Or is it only for that turn?

If it's only for that turn, you may want to change the language to 'after you perform a 1-straight maneuver, you may perform a boost action as your normal action'.  That would be less confusing, to me at least.

i would imagine it to be any straight maneuver. it could be worded after performing a straight maneuver you may perform a boost action

Could I get feedback on...

Drift Charge

Bomb Upgrade

4 points

Use senator shuttle or wingmate token for proxy

When deployed choose the facing of the bomb and at the end phase of every round move two straight forward. If the bomb or maneuver template ever overlaps a ship or other maneuver template detonate.

Damage: 3 attack dice no defense.

Thanks for any feedback you have, I would love to hear it.

Interesting mechanic.. I'd be I terested to see something along the same lines but actually guided instead of drifting.

As is, I think the cost may be a little high; I think it may be hard to line up shots with this on anything not right in front of you

i would imagine it to be any straight maneuver. it could be worded after performing a straight maneuver you may perform a boost action

Fixed!

Which would you prefer?

Shield Expert

Scum only. Limited. Crew.

At the start of combat, if you have at least one shield token, receive one evade token.

4 points.

VERSUS

Scum only. Crew.

Once per round, when defending, you may discard 1 shield token to add 2 evade results.

3 points.

Very good pilots, great images and a sensible title, but I don't think the dial is right.

TIE Avenger was very agile fighter, possibly the most agile in the entire setting.

Sharp, white 1 turn is a must and it should never get straight 1.

In my opinion (also coming from the X-wing/TIE Fighter game series) it should receive red 3 Segnor's Loop either using 3 bank or even 3 sharp turn like with IG-2000.  You might even go crazy and give it red 2 Segnor's Loop as well but using 3 turn template should be unique enough.

It definetely deserves something special showing its incredible flying style.

I'd imagine you want to save Tallon Roll only for TIE Hunter and it is fine.

I'd also advise to reduce its shield value to 2 or even (seems more balanced) to 1 - if it should be good for something it should be its mobility not resilence. I've seen ideas to give it 2 hull and 2 shields which I suppose is also a good solution.

I am sure that people will forgive weaker resilence and higher cost as long as the fighter flies the right way and it definetely was no heavy fighter model like TIE Defender but more like expensive TIE Interceptor with benefits.

You might consider giving it a system upgrade instead of a cannon. It was equipped with a tractor beam, but also with jamming and decoy beam and those could work better as system upgrade cards - unless you have a good idea how to represent them with cannons (or using the rocket slot?).

Very good pilots, great images and a sensible title, but I don't think the dial is right.

TIE Avenger was very agile fighter, possibly the most agile in the entire setting.

Sharp, white 1 turn is a must and it should never get straight 1.

In my opinion (also coming from the X-wing/TIE Fighter game series) it should receive red 3 Segnor's Loop either using 3 bank or even 3 sharp turn like with IG-2000.  You might even go crazy and give it red 2 Segnor's Loop as well but using 3 turn template should be unique enough.

It definetely deserves something special showing its incredible flying style.

I'd imagine you want to save Tallon Roll only for TIE Hunter and it is fine.

I'd also advise to reduce its shield value to 2 or even (seems more balanced) to 1 - if it should be good for something it should be its mobility not resilence. I've seen ideas to give it 2 hull and 2 shields which I suppose is also a good solution.

I am sure that people will forgive weaker resilence and higher cost as long as the fighter flies the right way and it definetely was no heavy fighter model like TIE Defender but more like expensive TIE Interceptor with benefits.

You might consider giving it a system upgrade instead of a cannon. It was equipped with a tractor beam, but also with jamming and decoy beam and those could work better as system upgrade cards - unless you have a good idea how to represent them with cannons (or using the rocket slot?).

I don't remember how I ended with that dial, but there is something "scientific" about that. Will review if necessary.

Segnor's Loop was in the plans, but in the end I preferred to not step in TIE/fo (and TIE/sf, my #4 entry) territory. 

About the hull/shield, I would reduce in any way. The Avenger had the same hull as the Interceptor and shields a little less powerful than the Defender. I changed values a bit (reduced hull and maxed shield) to make it more unique. There is no way the Avenger would get 1 shield in this game.

The ship had System in the earlier versions. Might want to add it back.

Final Submissions

Some upgrades inspired by Star Wars: TIE Fighter:

m8ouasa.jpg 6aE8lUi.jpg

oCHik5Q.jpg f0Ze9Gx.jpg

n2F20ik.jpg

Dat Power Management: Weapons/Sheild EPT cost would be really high I would think.  I could see that being straight up abusive on A-wings with multiple EPT slots, or someone like Echo tossing 6 red dice :)

Which would you prefer?

Shield Expert

Scum only. Limited. Crew.

At the start of combat, if you have at least one shield token, receive one evade token.

4 points.

VERSUS

Scum only. Crew.

Once per round, when defending, you may discard 1 shield token to add 2 evade results.

3 points.

I kinda like the discard 1 shield to gain 2 evade.  Could be a little too good, especially on big ships/ ships with many shields, and against 2-3 ship lists which will allow many triggerings of this ability.  But I like the dynamic of spending a shield for the two evades.

I might look at making it a combo upgrade (crew+system for example) to restrict its use to fewer ships, so you could control the possible applications.