Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Custom Card League: Submit your entries now!

StealthX pack

uKSsEXJ.jpg?1

2CgUSdc.jpg?18pzyQoj.jpg?1

0junojk.jpg?1

4OX7KXQ.jpg?1br3XnXM.jpg?1Bwlx3Be.jpg?1es77vTn.jpg?1

It uses a standard T-65 X-wing dial.

So the StealthX was based off of the T65XJ3 X-wing design. The XJ3 boasted heavy laser cannons, a 3rd torpedo launcher, heavier armor, and stronger shields. The StealthX stripped the shields down to very light shielding, and removed the heavy armor plating. It replaced the 3rd torpedo launcher with sensor defeating technology, and the hull was painted with a reflective black substance, so while the StealthX didn't actually have a cloaking device, it essentially had the capabilities. The downside was you couldn't fire weapons if you wanted to remain hidden, and you couldn't communicate with other ships. The Jedi negated this problem being able to semi-communicate through the Force. The Jedi were also known for loading bombs inside the torpedo tubes. One such bomb was a Baradium bomb (known as Shadow Bombs). It was essentially a proton torpedo were they replaced the targeting computer and engine with extra explosives. They would use the Force to propel the bomb towards the target, and unless the target was force sensitive, they wouldn't know they were being attacked by it until it was to late. R9s were known for being extremely cautious, and also have large self-preservation routines.

FINAL SUBMISSION pilot for StealthX

Submission Form: Pilot

Author: Corran Horn fan

Pilot Name: Mara Jade

Ship: StealthX

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Pilot Skill: 8

Ability text: once per round, when attacking or defending you may change on blank result to a hit or evade result

EPT (Y/N): Yes

Cost:  30

I'll add an image when i get home (not going to DL anything to my Work Computer)

Shake and Bake is final, not quite finalized on Slingshot however. I will include a rule card with Shake and bake saying when instructed to discard in stead of fliping it over, to place under the pilot card and Ignore any other interactions with the card.

Unique (both sides) EPT 3 Points  Small base only

Shake - Action: You may perform a Free Barrel Roll Action, if the ship does not have the barrel roll action get 1 stress. Remove one Target lock from this ship. When this action is used, flip this card.

Bake - Action: You may perform a Free Boost Action, if this ship does not have the boost action receive 1 stress. After Performing the boost, if there is a ship in arc at range 1 you may acquire a free target lock on that ship. When this action is used, Flip this card.

and

Slingshot Engage.

Modification 2 Points

After you perform a Boost action if there is a friendly ship out of arc at range 1 of you if there is you may discard this card to perform a free SLAM action you receive a stress token instead of the Weapons Disabled Token.

A smattering of E-wing and X-wing fix cards I plan to submit.  Thoughts?

Submission Form: Upgrade

Author: Babaganoosh

Name:R7 unit interface

Type: System

Upgrade text:  If you have an R7 series astromech equipped, you may acquire a free target lock at the start of the combat phase.

Cost: -1

Design notes:  Meant to encourage the use of R7 astromechs with the E-wing, as well as work as a general power boost.  Synergizes well with the generic R7.  Will not work with super corran.

FAQ: Any astromech with ‘R7’ in its name counts as an R7 series astromech.  R7-T1 is an R7 series astromech.

Author:Babaganoosh

Name:  Series 2 E wing

Type:  Title

Upgrade text:  E wing only.  When you reveal a white maneuver, you may perform a free evade action.

Cost:1 point

Design notes: Straightforward power boost, not compatible with standard super corran.  

Name: R7-Q1

Type:  Astromech

Upgrade text: When attacking, you may spend your target lock to reduce your target’s agility by 2 for the duration of the attack.

Cost: 2

Design notes: Killy astromech.  May sound better than it is; spending a TL on your own dice may often be better than reducing enemy agility, even by 2.  

Name: T65 AC2

Type: title

Upgrade text: X-wing only.  Rebel only.  When you reveal a <3-turn> maneuver, you may treat that maneuver as a red <3-Tallon Roll> maneuver instead.  Add the evade action to your action bar.  

Cost: 0

Design notes: Not usable on a T-70 (thus the Rebel only text).  AC2s were a faster version of X-wings, represented here by access to T-rolls and the evade action.

Name: T65D

Type: title

Upgrade text: X-wing only.  Rebel only.  Remove the <astromech> slot and add a <system> slot to your upgrade bar.  Reduce the cost of any equipped system by 2.  

Cost:0

Design notes: T65Ds had the astromechs removed for a built-in computer system.  This title removes the astromech and allows for a discounted system upgrade instead.  

Name: T65B

Type:title

Upgrade text: X-wing only.  Rebel only.

Cost: -2

Design notes: Straight-up point discount fix for the X-wing.  Allows up to 5 X-wings on the table.  

#2 entry: TIE Hunter expansion.

You could use your TIE Avenger ideas for another proposal, but improve the dial (very, very agile fighter) and rise the cost to reflect it.

TIE Avenger is the upcoming #3 entry (almost done!).

Feel free to make cards for me!

FINAL Submission: Ginivex-class starfighter

Author: Rakky Wistol

Name: Ginivex-class starfighter

Faction: Scum

Size:  Small

Attack: 2

Attack Type:  Forward arc  and  180  Auxillary arc

Agility: 3

Hull: 2

Shield: 2

Action Bar: BR, Focus, TL, Evade

Upgrade Bar: Crew

Dial: TAP Dial + 2kturn, 3sloops

GENERIC PILOT 1: Huppla Pasa Tisc Test Pilot, 18pts-PS 2

GENERIC PILOT 2: Separatist Agent, 20pts-PS 4

GENERIC PILOT 3: Nightsister Operative, 22pts-PS 6, EPT

Vulpus: 20pts,  PS 4: During the end phase you may discard 1 stress token from a friendly ship at range 1.

Asajj Ventress, 24pts-PS 7, EPT- Choose 1: At the beginning of combat, choose 1 enemy ship in your arc with equal or lower PS then assign 1 stress token to that ship OR Choose 1 enemy ship with higher PS and treat your PS as equal during combat.

Design Notes:

It's the scum awing with added flair, but no boost.  Or maybe the scum TAP with sloops but no boost.  Has crew over missiles. Crazy fun dial and another odd arc for scum (that makes up for not having boost.  Powerful mod and titles like the TAP. This is supposed to be a Scum Medium Fighter that can be built for mini acing or support.

It's a little awkward because there were only 6 (or 7)of them made.  It's made to be a 1 or 2 of but should be unique (but this league required 3 generics) and yes it should be better than the K-fighter and Scyk...why bother making a ship worse than what is still considered the 2 worst ships in a faction.  Changed cost to 18 after playtesting. Locking it in at PS2 for the most basic generic. Annoying as heck as a 1 of for 17pts for the title. Gets expensive quick but certainly fulfills that mini-ace role at around 26-28pts if you go with the exclusive mod and a higher PS version.  May need to become Unique if too strong of combos are discovered but I think it would add a lot to scum.

Vulpus- Excellent candidate for the Prototype title below for a 19pt support ship with good PS and dial that can still contribute.

Asajj- Mini Ace that makes life harder for mooks and aces alike.  You can't PS kill her if she has you in her arc (expanded or not) and she'll probably always have you in arc unless she shuts it down to go defensive with the modification.  She can get real trixy and expensive if you load her up but might still work. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Extras to go with the ship-

Fanblade Deflector Shielding, modification 2pt: when you reveal a non-red maneuver choose one of the following: combat mode- you may fire using your aux arc, on a green maneuver gain 1 shield token (max of 2); OR silhouette mode- increase your agility by 1, gain an evade token, you may not use your aux arc.

Last Call, title 1pt: Your upgrade bar gains the systems slot and the illicit slot.  After the last ship is placed during the deployment phase, you may make any 1 maneuver on your ships dial.

Prototype, title -1pts: If you field only 1 Givinex Starfighter in your squadron, and equip no upgrades to this ship you reduce it's squadron cost by 1.

Edited by Rakky Wistol

still think stutter fire should be a mod that is t-65 and stealth x only but other than that it looks great!

please, please don't change the r9.

Stutter Fire wasn't necessarily an X-wing only thing though. I was thinking of what slot to put it, and I originally was going to do systems, but then I thought that would buff too many ships that don't need it (Lol Lambda with Stutter Fire anyone?). Then I remembered the new Tech upgrade, and I figured, we don't have many cards for it yet, and if I make it Tech, it still fits into the theme of the StealthX having an advanced slot without making the overpowered Systems + Astromech combo. It should fit in fine as a Tech. The normal T65 also didn't have Stutter Fire so it wouldn't make sense to include it on the T-65. For R9, I still like the ability but Vander (I believe) brought up the very valid point that it steps on the x7's toes quite a bit. I might just bump the cost up to 3 and leave the ability the same.

Now for a submission:

FINAL SUBMISSION

Author: Y-wing Ace

q2i9eaB.jpg?1

The card Horton deserved.

still think stutter fire should be a mod that is t-65 and stealth x only but other than that it looks great!

please, please don't change the r9.

Stutter Fire wasn't necessarily an X-wing only thing though. I was thinking of what slot to put it, and I originally was going to do systems, but then I thought that would buff too many ships that don't need it (Lol Lambda with Stutter Fire anyone?). Then I remembered the new Tech upgrade, and I figured, we don't have many cards for it yet, and if I make it Tech, it still fits into the theme of the StealthX having an advanced slot without making the overpowered Systems + Astromech combo. It should fit in fine as a Tech. The normal T65 also didn't have Stutter Fire so it wouldn't make sense to include it on the T-65. For R9, I still like the ability but Vander (I believe) brought up the very valid point that it steps on the x7's toes quite a bit. I might just bump the cost up to 3 and leave the ability the same.

Now for a submission:

FINAL SUBMISSION

Author: Y-wing Ace

q2i9eaB.jpg?1

The card Horton deserved.

Needs more mustache...

Feel free to make cards for me![/size]

Submission: Ginivex-class starfighter[/size]

Author: Rakky Wistol[/size]

Name: Ginivex-class starfighter[/size]

Faction: Scum[/size]

Size:  Small[/size]

Attack: 2[/size]

Attack Type:  Forward arc  and  180  Auxillary arc[/size]

Agility: 3[/size]

Hull: 2[/size]

Shield: 2[/size]

Action Bar: BR, Focus, TL, Evade [/size]

Upgrade Bar: Crew[/size]

Dial: TAP Dial + 2kturn, 3sloops[/size]

GENERIC PILOT 1: Huppla Pasa Tisc Test Pilot, 18pts-PS 2[/size][/size]

GENERIC PILOT 2: Separatist Agent[/size], 20pts-PS 4[/size]

GENERIC PILOT 3: Nightsister Operative[/size], 22pts-PS 6, EPT[/size]

Vulpus: 20pts,  PS 4: During the end phase you may discard 1 stress token from a friendly ship at range 1.[/size]

Asajj Ventress, 24pts-PS 7, EPT- Choose 1: At the beginning of combat, choose 1 enemy ship [/size]in your arc [/size]with equal or lower PS[/size] then assign 1 stress token to that ship OR Choose 1 enemy ship with higher PS and treat your PS as equal during combat.[/size]

Design Notes: [/size]

It's the scum awing with added flair, but no boost.  Or maybe the scum TAP with sloops but no boost.  Has crew over missiles. Crazy fun dial and another odd arc for scum (that makes up for not having boost.  Powerful mod and titles like the TAP. This is supposed to be a Scum Medium Fighter that can be built for mini acing or support.[/size]

It's a little awkward because there were only 6 (or 7)of them made.  It's made to be a 1 or 2 of but should be unique (but this league required 3 generics) and yes it should be better than the K-fighter and Scyk...why bother making a ship worse than what is still considered the 2 worst ships in a faction.  Changed cost to 18 after playtesting. Locking it in at PS2 for the most basic generic. Annoying as heck as a 1 of for 17pts for the title. Gets expensive quick but certainly fulfills that mini-ace role at around 26-28pts if you go with the exclusive mod and a higher PS version.  May need to become Unique if too strong of combos are discovered but I think it would add a lot to scum.[/size]

Vulpus- Excellent candidate for the Prototype title below for a 19pt support ship with good PS and dial that can still contribute.[/size]

Asajj- Mini Ace that makes life harder for mooks and aces alike.  You can't PS kill her if she has you in her arc (expanded or not) and she'll probably always have you in arc unless she shuts it down to go defensive with the modification.  She can get real trixy and expensive if you load her up but might still work.  [/size]

----------------------------------------------------------[/size]

Extras to go with the ship-[/size]

Fanblade Deflector Shielding, modification 2pt: when you reveal a non-red maneuver choose one of the following: combat mode- you may fire using your aux arc, on a green maneuver gain 1 shield token (max of 2); OR silhouette mode- increase your agility by 1, gain an evade token, you may not use your aux arc.

Last Call, title 1pt: Your upgrade bar gains the systems slot and the illicit slot.  After the last ship is placed during the deployment phase, you may make any 1 maneuver on your ships dial.

Prototype, title -1pts: If you field only 1 Givinex Starfighter in your squadron, and equip no upgrades to this ship you reduce it's squadron cost by 1.

The requirement for generics is 1-3, meaning that you need at least 1, and up to 3 with your ship submission. So you can remove two generics here if you want to

StealthX pack

uKSsEXJ.jpg?12CgUSdc.jpg?18pzyQoj.jpg?10junojk.jpg?14OX7KXQ.jpg?1br3XnXM.jpg?1Bwlx3Be.jpg?1es77vTn.jpg?1

It uses a standard T-65 X-wing dial.

So the StealthX was based off of the T65XJ3 X-wing design. The XJ3 boasted heavy laser cannons, a 3rd torpedo launcher, heavier armor, and stronger shields. The StealthX stripped the shields down to very light shielding, and removed the heavy armor plating. It replaced the 3rd torpedo launcher with sensor defeating technology, and the hull was painted with a reflective black substance, so while the StealthX didn't actually have a cloaking device, it essentially had the capabilities. The downside was you couldn't fire weapons if you wanted to remain hidden, and you couldn't communicate with other ships. The Jedi negated this problem being able to semi-communicate through the Force. The Jedi were also known for loading bombs inside the torpedo tubes. One such bomb was a Baradium bomb (known as Shadow Bombs). It was essentially a proton torpedo were they replaced the targeting computer and engine with extra explosives. They would use the Force to propel the bomb towards the target, and unless the target was force sensitive, they wouldn't know they were being attacked by it until it was to late. R9s were known for being extremely cautious, and also have large self-preservation routines.

FINAL SUBMISSION pilot for StealthX

Submission Form: Pilot[/size]

Author: Corran Horn fan[/size]

Pilot Name: Mara Jade[/size]

Ship: StealthX[/size]

Faction: Rebel Alliance[/size]

Pilot Skill: 8[/size]

Ability text: once per round, when attacking or defending you may change on blank result to a hit or evade result[/size]

EPT (Y/N): Yes[/size]

Cost:  30[/size]

Looks cool; keep in mind that this pilot will only be accepted as a submission if the stealth X is one of the top 4 ships in the first round of ship voting.

Have some Vulture Droids yo! I was considering posting my Tri-Droids and Hyena Bombers, but I don't want to dilute the droids' chances of winning by giving too many things to vote on. Also, the others are not finished yet anyways. The generics, uniques and upgrades are all separate submissions.

FINAL VERSION (SHIP):

klcWLkp.jpg    CRcvvuA.jpg     ODMZmxu.jpg

FINAL VERSION (PILOTS):

yEn2LvA.jpg     oRu2JSa.jpg

FINAL VERSION (UPGRADES):

qGWUSOD.jpg   Vw6j093.jpg

Buzz Droid Token Reference:

At the beginning of the Combat phase, if you have 1 or more buzz droid token, deal 1 facedown Damage card to yourself. Then discard 1 buzz droid token.

While you have 1 or more buzz droid tokens, your ship gains:

Action: Roll 1 attack die. On a <crit> result, deal one facedown Damage card to yourself. Then, discard 1 buzz droid token.

EDIT : Updated the droids to be scum. I agree, makes more sense. Also, slightly adjusted pricing, opened up CPT's ability and the missiles to all ships, and bumped down the title to once per turn.
Edited by Caboose2900

Have some Vulture Droids yo! I was considering posting my Tri-Droids and Hyena Bombers, but I don't want to dilute the droids' chances of winning by giving too many things to vote on. Also, the others are not finished yet anyways. The generics, uniques and upgrades are all separate submissions.

FINAL VERSION (SHIP):

pGnkP5X.jpg     Yy0nA5W.jpg   ODMZmxu.jpg

FINAL VERSION (PILOTS):

WOQZ01D.jpg    sdI9ywN.jpg

46aTAUr.jpg    Z9hSxtj.jpg

At the beginning of the Combat phase, if you have 1 or more buzz droid token, deal 1 facedown Damage card to yourself. Then discard 1 buzz droid token.

Action: Roll 1 attack die. On a <crit> result, deal one facedown Damage card to yourself. Then, discard 1 buzz droid token.

CLANKERS!!!

Interesting concepts you have here.  The sub-12 point ship is a ballsy move indeed.  It'll be interesting to see how this does in the voting!

Questions:

- why limit buzz droids to droids only?  Seems to me like they could be repurposed by other factions.  

- What is the rationale for assigning these droids to the Imperial faction?  I guess it would be awkward creating a faction out of the blue just for this ship, but still seems odd to me

Edited by Babaganoosh

FINAL VERSION (SHIP):

pGnkP5X.jpg     Yy0nA5W.jpg   ODMZmxu.jpg

FINAL VERSION (PILOTS):

WOQZ01D.jpg    sdI9ywN.jpg[/size]

46aTAUr.jpg    Z9hSxtj.jpg

I would change the faction to scum makes way more sense in the galactic civil war and forward.

Also the adv. fighter title is way too cheap.

Babaganoosh would you consider putting a limit of 8 ships on league lists so as to prevent swarms of these guys?

Questions:

- why limit buzz droids to droids only?  Seems to me like they could be repurposed by other factions.  

- What is the rationale for assigning these droids to the Imperial faction?  I guess it would be awkward creating a faction out of the blue just for this ship, but still seems odd to me

Well, the buzz droids were supposed to go along with the other ships in the "Droid" lineup. But alas, there is no way 3 droid ships are gonna make it through the voting. It is just a leftover I forgot to change when I uploaded this. They probably should be just a generic missile for anyone to use.

As for the droids being Imperial, quite simply, I don't have the expertise to design an entire new faction card. And... because a new faction would be silly for one ship. I wanted them to be Scum, but the Imperial blue just looked to good on the card imo. If I were submitting more of the Federation ships I would probably figure out a way to make them a separate faction.

FINAL VERSION (SHIP):

-snip: Droids-

I would change the faction to scum makes way more sense in the galactic civil war and forward.

Babaganoosh would you consider putting a limit of 8 ships on league lists so as to prevent swarms of these guys?

We'll see what comes up in the voting, but I plan to only intervene where there are unintended interactions between cards.  A good example of that would be if someone made an astromech-based fix for the X-wing, and someone else made a title-based fix, both of which were intended to be independent fixes, but then were both selected in voting.  In that case we'd be looking at an unintentionally over-powered X-wing, and I'd step in.  

But in the case of the 8-point droid ships, that's up to you guys in the voting.  If the droids make the grade in the voting process, they'll be legal.  Keep in mind that A, they have to be one of the top 4 ships submitted to make it, and B, after the first round of voting, the ship will be open to further modification by anyone.  So if droids make it through the first round, anyone could enter a variant with a different cost into the second round.  The most popular version in the second round will be the final version.  

If you don't think a card is balanced, this is the place to say so - make your case and have faith in the voting public...  :D

The wording in the 1v1 droid seems off. The first part of getting a free TL seems unneeded if your opponent can't TL until you already HAVE a TL on him. Why do you need another free one to override the original? Am I missing something?

Couldn't it just say "you can only be TL'ed by an enemy you have TL'ed"

#2.5 entry: Assorted custom crew upgrades:

x_wing_miniatures_game___custom_crew_car

As I pointed out for someone's Sabine pilot earlier in the thread, any card that lets you stress an opponents ship after they've set their dial but before they move is way OP.  Oh, you dialed a red maneuver?  Nope, you're gonna fly off the board instead.

FINAL VERSION (SHIP):

-snip: Droids-

If you don't think a card is balanced, this is the place to say so - make your case and have faith in the voting public...  :D

Sadly it's hard to have faith in the public anymore :( at least here in the US