Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Custom Card League: Submit your entries now!

I'll also toss out my ship submission; the Scimitar Assault Bomber

Size: small base

Gauntlet-Squadron-Pilot-Front-Face_zpsuk      Whiplash-Squadron-Pilot-Front-Face_zpsd2

Scimitar-Assault-Bomber-Front-Face-2_zps

Design Notes:

The Scimitar Assault Bomber is designed to be a fast medium bomber, relying on the SLAM action to control the angle of engagement and to disengage from dogfights so that it can deliver its payload of missiles, bombs or torpedoes effectively.  

The cost is based off of Major Juggler’s expected cost for a pre-fix TIE/advanced (16 points at PS2), which the SAB shares a statline with.  The Gauntlet and Whiplash Squadron Pilots only pay a 1 point tax for the SLAM action, since they have a low PS and will often not be able to use reactively.

Wouldn't mind a bit of discussion on this one bfeore I finalize the submission, I just made it the other day and haven't worked through all the possibilities yet.  Havne't had time for any real number crunching or testing, so feel free to make suggestions.  Still needs another named pilot and some upgrades.

Mandalorian Fang Fighter

Basically, scum need a true interceptor style ship.  The fang fighter (from Protectors of Condord Dawn in Rebels season 2) seems like the perfect ship for it.  (Some spoilers here)  Super maneuverable, quick little ship, able to keep up with a-wings.  Only downside being as far as I can tell from wookiepedia description, it'd probably only be 2 attack dice (I'd faaaaar prefer it to be 3 base attack, 2 is just so weak for an ace  :().

Dial

Scimitar-Assault-Bomber-Front-Face-2_zps

The ship is supposed to be super maneuverable and able to pull off maneuvers other ships can't  Tried to reflect that with having the 1-troll as well as the sloop, + the green turns.  The downside being that if you fly it like an interceptor, it's usually going to have PTL and be stressing every round, emaning it won't get to take ADVANTAGE of the trolls or the sloops unless you have a way to deal with the stress (some kind of upgrade with the pack maybe?).

The Pilots

bhzBayy.png

Scum likes it's PS3 generics.  Tried to keep the cost similar to a-wings, since the statline is about the same, albeit with different actions.  A Green Squadron is 17 points (after refit) and gets 2 EPTs with the title.  Figure that's worth knocking a point off.  Same cost as a Sienar Test Pilot in the TAP.  The STP is 1 PS lower, but also has a title it can take to get action efficiency.  Cost could change up a point or two here if needed.

-snip-

I was hoping to see this ship pop up; nice job so far!

One thing to look at is the action bar vs. the upgrade slots.  The torpedo slot isn't going to be very useful without a TL action in the action bar (except for deadeye'd ships).

I don't know that the ship needs the torpedo slot, but you could also drop boost to make room for TL, I suppose.  Given how spinny the ship is it would be hard to justify losing the barrel roll action to make room for TL.  

Wouldn't mind a bit of discussion on this one bfeore I finalize the submission, I just made it the other day and haven't worked through all the possibilities yet. Havne't had time for any real number crunching or testing, so feel free to make suggestions. Still needs another named pilot and some upgrades.

Mandalorian Fang Fighter

Basically, scum need a true interceptor style ship. The fang fighter (from Protectors of Condord Dawn in Rebels season 2) seems like the perfect ship for it. (Some spoilers here) Super maneuverable, quick little ship, able to keep up with a-wings. Only downside being as far as I can tell from wookiepedia description, it'd probably only be 2 attack dice (I'd faaaaar prefer it to be 3 base attack, 2 is just so weak for an ace :().

Dial

0MmnT49.png

The ship is supposed to be super maneuverable and able to pull off maneuvers other ships can't Tried to reflect that with having the 1-troll as well as the sloop, + the green turns. The downside being that if you fly it like an interceptor, it's usually going to have PTL and be stressing every round, emaning it won't get to take ADVANTAGE of the trolls or the sloops unless you have a way to deal with the stress (some kind of upgrade with the pack maybe?).

The Pilots

bhzBayy.png

Scum likes it's PS3 generics. Tried to keep the cost similar to a-wings, since the statline is about the same, albeit with different actions. A Green Squadron is 17 points (after refit) and gets 2 EPTs with the title. Figure that's worth knocking a point off. Same cost as a Sienar Test Pilot in the TAP. The STP is 1 PS lower, but also has a title it can take to get action efficiency. Cost could change up a point or two here if needed.

jIG3VcI.png

Another standard for scum: Second generic goes up to PS5 and gains an EPT. Made it 3 points more. makes it the same cost as a non-refit Green, or 2 points more than a refit green for +2 PS. Seems fair. Similar to above, same rice as the 1 PS less TAP. Again, could modify points by 1 or 2 if needed.

nzUgw6M.png

Only 1 ace atm. Scum need a good PS9 small ship ace as much as the need an interceptor. (More spoilers) Fenn Rau managed to shoot down Hera, so seems fair to make him higher PS, and going by his backstory, seems to be quite the good pilot. Way more evidence there to make him a PS 9 than there is for talonbane cobra...

His ability mostly reflects my desire to have 3 attack primary :P. Basically you can spend your focus to change eyeballs if you have them, or get an extra hit if there's no eyeballs. Or use mindlink or manaroo to get multiple focuses and do both :).

Ya beat me to it. Seems nice. Had a topic about these beauties and suggested a Protector title to go with it. I forget who suggested it, but his idea was that for every Protector nearby you could re-role one attack die. Edited by sf1raptor

StealthX pack uKSsEXJ.jpg?12CgUSdc.jpg?18pzyQoj.jpg?10junojk.jpg?14OX7KXQ.jpg?1br3XnXM.jpg?1Bwlx3Be.jpg?1es77vTn.jpg?1 It uses a standard T-65 X-wing dial.So the StealthX was based off of the T65XJ3 X-wing design. The XJ3 boasted heavy laser cannons, a 3rd torpedo launcher, heavier armor, and stronger shields. The StealthX stripped the shields down to very light shielding, and removed the heavy armor plating. It replaced the 3rd torpedo launcher with sensor defeating technology, and the hull was painted with a reflective black substance, so while the StealthX didn't actually have a cloaking device, it essentially had the capabilities. The downside was you couldn't fire weapons if you wanted to remain hidden, and you couldn't communicate with other ships. The Jedi negated this problem being able to semi-communicate through the Force. The Jedi were also known for loading bombs inside the torpedo tubes. One such bomb was a Baradium bomb (known as Shadow Bombs). It was essentially a proton torpedo were they replaced the targeting computer and engine with extra explosives. They would use the Force to propel the bomb towards the target, and unless the target was force sensitive, they wouldn't know they were being attacked by it until it was to late. R9s were known for being extremely cautious, and also have large self-preservation routines.

I like the idea of a stealth x expansion (and have some of my own cards made up for it. Might submit it later), but theres a lot of really OP cards in there. A free talon roll when declared as the target of an attack? A free 1-2 speed maneuver when declared as the target? It would be less of an issue if it was after defending (but doesnt really fit as jedi reflexes). Im leery of the 4 attack dice, but not entirely opposed to it, especially with an xwing dial and no repositioning outside of decloak (and no acd). Not sure about the droid either. Its similar to the tie/x7 title, but that gets away with it because the ship was too expensive and not worth using so the title is a fix to make it better. This one already looks really powerful. Added to that the fact that the droid just assigns a token means you could also do the evade action to have 2 tokens every round, on top of potentially have cloak up for even more agility

The shadowbomb is ridiculously broken. Only requires a focus to fire and you dont wven have to spend it to shoot. For 5 attack dice AND reducing their agility by 2? All for 3 points? No way. Prockets are up to 5 attack for 3 points (but are used most on awings where theyre basically 5), but only work at range 1 and only do 5 attack on 3 agi ships. Adv proton torpedoes are 5 attack but require soending a TL and also are limited to range 1. And cost 5 points. Homing missiles dont require spending your lock for a range 2-3 attack, but only are 4 attack dice and cost 5 points. And NONE of those ALSO reduce the targets agility.

UmgMSnp.png

The game needs an upgrade to add the barrel roll action. What more needs to be said? On ships with native boost like the a-wing and the above clawcraft, you have to decide whether you'd rather gain the BR or take autothrusters for defense. Hard choices are always good right?

Yes; yes; a thousand times yes. I've been very puzzled why such a modification hasn't shown it's face yet. So many pilots would love to have the option to BR.

Because giving a barrel roll to ships like the GHOST, VT-9 DECIMATOR and YV-666 is so wrong. And giving it to the CORVETTE, RAIDER, GOZANTI and REBEL TRANSPORT is just evil. Edited by Sentinal

UmgMSnp.png

The game needs an upgrade to add the barrel roll action. What more needs to be said? On ships with native boost like the a-wing and the above clawcraft, you have to decide whether you'd rather gain the BR or take autothrusters for defense. Hard choices are always good right?

Yes; yes; a thousand times yes. I've been very puzzled why such a modification hasn't shown it's face yet. So many pilots would love to have the option to BR.

Because giving a barrel roll to ships like the GHOST, VT-9 DECIMATOR and YV-666 is so wrong. And giving it to the CORVETTE, RAIDER, GOZANTI and REBEL TRANSPORT is just evil.

make it small ship only that fixes everything.

Because giving a barrel roll to ships like the GHOST, VT-9 DECIMATOR and YV-666 is so wrong.

You mean like you could already do with Expert Handling on any of the deci/yv pilots with EPTs?

And giving it to the CORVETTE, RAIDER, GOZANTI and REBEL TRANSPORT is just evil.

Nope. Huge ships can only use Huge ship modifications.

On the other hand, is it really any more powerful than giving large ships boost with engine upgrade? I would imagine more large ships would still keep engine over this.

Edited by VanderLegion

StealthX pack

uKSsEXJ.jpg?1

2CgUSdc.jpg?18pzyQoj.jpg?1

0junojk.jpg?1

4OX7KXQ.jpg?1br3XnXM.jpg?1Bwlx3Be.jpg?1es77vTn.jpg?1

As others have said kyp needs a completely new ability, Jaina's ability needs to be less powerful, Stutter fire should be an X-wing only mod (so t-65s, t-70s and stealth xs can take it) that changes ONE blank to a focus rather than all, and Jedi reflexes and shadow bomb should be discarded completely.

Taking in some of the criticism for the thread:

Jaina Solo:

Added a stress token to the ability:

j4UhRwW.jpg?1

Jedi Reflexes:

While it is powerful, it's one-time use. Still it did seem a little more powerful than intended, so I bumped up the cost, and added 2 stress tokens as a consequence:

VSRRgSw.jpg?1

Jedi Shadow Bomb:

Definitely was too powerful, so I bumped up the cost, required the focus to be spent, and receives a stress token afterword:

eCLn5ay.jpg?1

Stutter Fire:

As I uploaded it I was thinking to myself: "That's a little powerful" and everyone else agrees so I fixed it:

MOL0b4j.jpg?1

R9 and Kyp are on hold until I think up other abilities.

Taking in some of the criticism for the thread:

Jaina Solo:

Added a stress token to the ability:

j4UhRwW.jpg?1

Jedi Reflexes:

While it is powerful, it's one-time use. Still it did seem a little more powerful than intended, so I bumped up the cost, and added 2 stress tokens as a consequence:

VSRRgSw.jpg?1

Jedi Shadow Bomb:

Definitely was too powerful, so I bumped up the cost, required the focus to be spent, and receives a stress token afterword:

eCLn5ay.jpg?1

Stutter Fire:

As I uploaded it I was thinking to myself: "That's a little powerful" and everyone else agrees so I fixed it:

MOL0b4j.jpg?1

R9 and Kyp are on hold until I think up other abilities.

still think stutter fire should be a mod that is t-65 and stealth x only but other than that it looks great!

please, please don't change the r9.

UmgMSnp.png

Because giving a barrel roll to ships like the GHOST, VT-9 DECIMATOR and YV-666 is so wrong. And giving it to the CORVETTE, RAIDER, GOZANTI and REBEL TRANSPORT is just evil.

So... make it Small Ship Only; problem solved.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Name: TIE - Precursor

Faction: Imperial

Attack: 3

Agility: 2

Hull: 2

Shield: 2

Action Bar: Target Lock, Focus, Barrel Roll, Evade

Upgrade Bar: System, Boarding Torpedo, Boarding Torpedo

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_16.png

Screenshot_15.png

The Precurser has an Ion-Primary weapon which if it hits deals 1 damage to the defender and assigns an ion token to the defender. Range bonuses are still applied.

Corresponding Upgrade cards:

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_11.png

I know compared to Boba its perhaps overcosted but its an attack rather than specific circumstances that have to be met.

Here's my submission, Carded up with love.

tumblr_o79pfq3n6I1vuhrgho2_400.jpgtumblr_o79pizoRJg1vuhrgho1_400.jpgtumblr_o79pfq3n6I1vuhrgho9_400.jpgtumblr_o79pfq3n6I1vuhrgho7_400.jpg

tumblr_o79py4pPuG1vuhrgho1_400.jpg

tumblr_o79pfq3n6I1vuhrgho4_250.jpgtumblr_o79pfq3n6I1vuhrgho5_250.jpgtumblr_o79pfq3n6I1vuhrgho1_250.jpg

The RVN-290, most well known as "The Raven's Claw". An entirely non-combatant ship that has some wild engines in it, modified by the Rebellion to carry torpedoes as well as so other illegal modifications.

It can provide a pure support role with the amazing crew of the Rebellion. (The interaction of Jaden Korr and Jan crew alone is amazing, but you could give your friendly ship Kyle and then it's just wild)

It can be a hell of a fighter if equipped with the title and "Hotshot Blaster". (But not allowed to use Gunner, I was particular about that)

It can be a cheap torpedo carrier with SLAM to get it out of tight spots.
Or you could just be a huge head ache with Rebel Saboteur on board.

Edited by CheapCreep

FINAL SUBMISSION

Here's what I've been working on. The V-Wing, an odd little Scum interceptor with some serious tricks up its sleeve.

wqkF1ja.jpgo34xWn4.jpg

The V-Wing is a bit lower tech than the A-Wing or the TIE Adv. Prototype and loses out on the Target Lock action, but has an interesting set of upgrades to play with. I think another ship with a Salvaged Astromech slot would really start adding some interesting options to a Scum lineup.

k4VQX8m.jpg

Now this dial has changed from my original submission - the white T-Rolls are gone, it felt a lot more elegant to offer them through a title card (Which also makes the ship a bit more versatile, able to operate as a cheap blocker, similarly to a Prototype Pilot.)

3VenXEf.jpg

For unique pilots, I'd like to see a couple of Bounty Hunters that we've seen working with the Hutt Cartels.

yuqsoD8.jpg

Poor Greedo here finally gets to shoot first in his V-Wing, but only if he's having a really bad day.

NkfoW2A.jpg

Boushh borrows his ability from an older design of mine, but offers a tempting pocket-ace for Scum, similarly to what the TIE/fo offers Imperial players. Either VI/R4 Agromech or PtL/Unhinged would be worthwhile choices here. Season with Glitterstim to taste.

z54pTMi.jpg

V-Wings are designed to use spherical Q7 astromechs, but the technology behind them is finicky and hard to maintain. By the time we hit the Galactic Civil War a lot of those old droids are very touchy. The V-Wing in particular can perform some fun stunts with one of these, barrel-rolling before a hard 1-turn to either scoot sideways in an unbelievably hard dive, or stay almost still while changing facing.

8OgrQ1O.jpgULHVH1P.jpg

We've got a couple more Salvaged Astromechs, too. Both of them offering dubious tradeoffs.

2Bs1u2R.jpg

Finally, a new illicit card - Neutron Pixie is a form of spice related to Glitterstim that can temporarily give its user unnatural reflexes. This should help low pilot skill V-Wings compete with more expensive pilots.

Edited by Mangipan

I really like the Vwing. It's probably my favourite Prequel ship and your version plus the upgrades are fair but fun in a lot of ways. Bravo!

I was thinking of two named pilot skills for it, I'm thinking thy only get the most insane and reckless pilots for these things, so:

"Name mc name" (I'll look one up after work)

PS 5 - 20 pts

" When a (bomb) deals (damage) to you, you may preform a free boost or barrel roll."

"Mr.Awesome"

PS8 - 23 pts

"When you receive damage beyond your hull value, you may preform a free boost, then deal 2 damage to each ship in range 1"

Edited by CheapCreep

I really like the Vwing. It's probably my favourite Prequel ship and your version plus the upgrades are fair but fun in a lot of ways. Bravo!

I was thinking of two named pilot skills for it, I'm thinking thy only get the most insane and reckless pilots for these things, so:

I think I delivered what I was aiming for - an interceptor that feels quite different from the most comparable ships (A-Wing, Scyk, TIE Adv. Prototype and TIE/fo). It's an odd little bird but I think she'd be good fun to fly. New Illicits and Salvaged Astromechs will be interesting on Scum ships in general, too.

When I was thinking about unique pilots for it, my first thought was that using a couple of bounty hunters we've seen working for the Hutt Cartel could be a good move.

klY5giq.jpg8hcVedz.jpg

Edited by Mangipan

#2 entry: TIE Hunter expansion.

You could use your TIE Avenger ideas for another proposal, but improve the dial (very, very agile fighter) and rise the cost to reflect it.

Edited by Endobai