Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Custom Card League: Submit your entries now!

Recommended Posts

What if i made it "When attacking or defending, you may spend a stress token to re-roll up to two dice."?

 

I like it a lot more, personally.

 

EDIT: Okkaaaaaaaay i redid some stuff. 

 

7e0037ec989618e24dc22dabb7c9477a.png

 

3e3b67921cdd3561c24e0ae30ce0d607.png

 

28c7a4203b6d26b5f6e13f29cf81805e.png

 

7d8a774287c324ec914b99de0ae55149.png

 

I also made a new EPT! Cause....why not?

Hey sorry I never got around to replying when you asked to pick my brain, but it looks like you came to draw your own conclusions after the discussion and I really like what you have now. A little funny Yvonne's ability is what Ibtisam's ability should have been. Kind of like Tel Trevura getting the better version of Fel's Wrath's ability. :)

 

Also a note on why generic arc dodgers shouldn't be relatively cheaper even when they hardly see play. It's my belief that we need to make sure that the costing curve of every ship type is consistent. The reason I believe this is because their very well may be an upgrade that comes along that makes generic arc dodgers efficient, and if they are under costed now due to simply seeing little play, the instant that upgrade comes out they become an under costed good ship, not an under costed bad one. Hope that makes sense.

 

Also, apologies if I came across a little harsh at all. I always have a little edge to me on Saturday evenings as I watch regional streams because I always get my hopes up that something other than the usual will win a regional, and when it doesn't happen I get frustrated haha.

 

The EPT is really cool. You need to make sure to include a range band though, even if it is 1-3, because someone could argue that someone was "in their arc" outside of the ranges we have to work with.

Edited by Kdubb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if i made it "When attacking or defending, you may spend a stress token to re-roll up to two dice."?

 

I like it a lot more, personally.

 

EDIT: Okkaaaaaaaay i redid some stuff. 

 

7e0037ec989618e24dc22dabb7c9477a.png

 

3e3b67921cdd3561c24e0ae30ce0d607.png

 

28c7a4203b6d26b5f6e13f29cf81805e.png

 

7d8a774287c324ec914b99de0ae55149.png

 

I also made a new EPT! Cause....why not?

Hey sorry I never got around to replying when you asked to pick my brain, but it looks like you came to draw your own conclusions after the discussion and I really like what you have now. A little funny Yvonne's ability is what Ibtisam's ability should have been. Kind of like Tel Trevura getting the better version of Fel's Wrath's ability. :)

 

Also a note on why generic arc dodgers shouldn't be relatively cheaper even when they hardly see play. It's my belief that we need to make sure that the costing curve of every ship type is consistent. The reason I believe this is because their very well may be an upgrade that comes along that makes generic arc dodgers efficient, and if they are under costed now due to simply seeing little play, the instant that upgrade comes out they become an under costed good ship, not an under costed bad one. Hope that makes sense.

 

Also, apologies if I came across a little harsh at all. I always have a little edge to me on Saturday evenings as I watch regional streams because I always get my hopes up that something other than the usual will win a regional, and when it doesn't happen I get frustrated haha.

 

The EPT is really cool. You need to make sure to include a range band though, even if it is 1-3, because someone could argue that someone was "in their arc" outside of the ranges we have to work with.

The normal target lock rules would stop you from getting a lock on someone out of range (see the entry for thread tracers in the latest faq for the precident). Though including the range restriction would at least probably prevent some arguments.

I do really like the new ability for the named pilot. Way better than the old one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7d8a774287c324ec914b99de0ae55149.png

 

I also made a new EPT! Cause....why not?

If you want the accurate military aviation term for this it's called "bore sight". You basically slave the radar to your gunsight. It was a common method of acquiring a lock on at low level before the advent of modern look down radars.

 

I know what boresight is. In the Crosshairs sounds cooler. So i went with that.

 

DCS World happens to be one of the most played games on my Steam account. In the flaming cliffs F-15C DLC, this is replicated by the Close Combat HUD mode, which autolocks on the boresight, because in CQC taking the time to hand-lock a target on the radar could get you shot down.

 

 

 

What if i made it "When attacking or defending, you may spend a stress token to re-roll up to two dice."?

 

I like it a lot more, personally.

 

EDIT: Okkaaaaaaaay i redid some stuff. 

 

7e0037ec989618e24dc22dabb7c9477a.png

 

3e3b67921cdd3561c24e0ae30ce0d607.png

 

28c7a4203b6d26b5f6e13f29cf81805e.png

 

7d8a774287c324ec914b99de0ae55149.png

 

I also made a new EPT! Cause....why not?

Hey sorry I never got around to replying when you asked to pick my brain, but it looks like you came to draw your own conclusions after the discussion and I really like what you have now. A little funny Yvonne's ability is what Ibtisam's ability should have been. Kind of like Tel Trevura getting the better version of Fel's Wrath's ability.  :)

 

Also a note on why generic arc dodgers shouldn't be relatively cheaper even when they hardly see play. It's my belief that we need to make sure that the costing curve of every ship type is consistent. The reason I believe this is because their very well may be an upgrade that comes along that makes generic arc dodgers efficient, and if they are under costed now due to simply seeing little play, the instant that upgrade comes out they become an under costed good ship, not an under costed bad one. Hope that makes sense.

 

Also, apologies if I came across a little harsh at all. I always have a little edge to me on Saturday evenings as I watch regional streams because I always get my hopes up that something other than the usual will win a regional, and when it doesn't happen I get frustrated haha.

 

The EPT is really cool. You need to make sure to include a range band though, even if it is 1-3, because someone could argue that someone was "in their arc" outside of the ranges we have to work with.

 

Thanks for the kind words, friend. I was really testy myself; I hadnt slept that day and i get irritable when that happens. 

 

And yeah, as Vandar said, you can't target lock outside of range 3 anyways, so it works.

 
 
 
As for my justification of certain aspects of the V-Wing's design:
 
3 attack: It has 4 laser cannons. Technically speaking, those laser cannons are individually equal in power to an A-Wing's laser cannon. They also maintain a far higher rate of fire than the A-Wing's cannons as well. I feel 3 attack is justified. 
 
I... really don't have anything for why they carry missiles. Might take those out as this becomes more refined. V-Wings in canon didn't carry any ordnance.
 
action bar: It's not old enough to not have targeting computers. The cross-section for the V-Wing points out it's targeting computer. barrel roll and boost because it was so agile and fast. no evade because i planned to give it that method through astromechs and other upgrades. 
 
dial: It's... nothing special. No crazy maneuvers. It was an agile, refined ship; but it was cheap above all, and KSE cut out any expensive systems and parts that might have made it do crazy maneuvers to save costs. 
Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my entry for the Ship: the StealthX. With more survivability but lower firepower, the point of this ship is to fly smarter. Without ACD as a crutch players have to be able to judge when the right times to cloak and decloak are. When I get the cards made for the upgrades there will be a few tricks that will make people want to take the StealthX over the Phantom, but for now here are the ships as my official entry into Stage 1!

 

WaGfE0I.jpg

 

The StealthX wasn't quite as fast or maneuverable as its predecessor, so it gets a decent but not excellent dial. Possible revision: change the 2-Banks back to White.

 

1Ewbx5N.jpgVxrbSu8.jpg

 

In keeping with Rebels, this ship will be more survivable than its Imperial counterpart, trading a worse dial for an extra hull. It also is taking a cut in attack compared to the Phantom. Further testing will determine if there needs to be a price reduction for the fact that the ship may be forgoing attacks in favor of stealth. It's an Advanced X-Wing, so it gets an X's upgrade bar with Tech upgrade.

 

TEC2ZuS.jpgYk0TwSK.jpg

 

Jacen's whole "thing" was turning his pain into power. It's a good ability for a mid PS ship, because you'll probably take an attack or two before your turn to fire.

 

6JEHTDc.jpgOd9T98n.jpg

 

Mara Jade Skywalker, former Emperor's Hand, draws on her assassin training to invisibly stalk her target and attack from stealth. I'm intending her to work with Push The Limit to be able to cloak and focus every round. With Sneaker she may be a beast, but by then she'll be in the upper 30s fully kitted so that's fine by me.

 

Bg8EPbx.jpgnc9rbvT.jpg

 

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9). Jaina in the novels is a relentless hunter who focuses on her target until they go down. I would like it noted that I did initial design on these guys before Omega Leader was a thing. Jaina is a slightly worse Omega Leader on a much better platform.

Battle of the StealthXes! We've got 3 now, all different :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9).

 

Luke led the Rogues too and he's PS8.

 

That being said, Jaina might just justify a 9. I'd lean 8 but I wouldn't object to 9.

 

My qualm with that version of the StealthX is it isn't incentivised to cloak much. Then again, that could be interesting.

Edited by Blue Five

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9).

Luke led the Rogues too and he's PS8.

That being said, Jaina might just justify a 9. I'd lean 8 but I wouldn't object to 9.

My qualm with that version of the StealthX is it isn't incentivised to cloak much. Then again, that could be interesting.

Luke in the game is from the movies, not the EU. In the movies he never lead rogue squadron (which didnt exist as an xwing squadron in the movies) or any other squadron. The only combat flying we see is the death star run in ep 4 and the snowspeeder on hoth (where he crashed). Movie luke has no reason to be ps9. EU luke (and I agree EU jaina) is definitely worthy of PS9 Edited by VanderLegion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my entry for the Ship: the StealthX. With more survivability but lower firepower, the point of this ship is to fly smarter. Without ACD as a crutch players have to be able to judge when the right times to cloak and decloak are. When I get the cards made for the upgrades there will be a few tricks that will make people want to take the StealthX over the Phantom, but for now here are the ships as my official entry into Stage 1!

 WaGfE0I.jpg

 The StealthX wasn't quite as fast or maneuverable as its predecessor, so it gets a decent but not excellent dial. Possible revision: change the 2-Banks back to White.

 1Ewbx5N.jpgVxrbSu8.jpg

 

In keeping with Rebels, this ship will be more survivable than its Imperial counterpart, trading a worse dial for an extra hull. It also is taking a cut in attack compared to the Phantom. Further testing will determine if there needs to be a price reduction for the fact that the ship may be forgoing attacks in favor of stealth. It's an Advanced X-Wing, so it gets an X's upgrade bar with Tech upgrade.

 TEC2ZuS.jpgYk0TwSK.jpg

 

Jacen's whole "thing" was turning his pain into power. It's a good ability for a mid PS ship, because you'll probably take an attack or two before your turn to fire.

 6JEHTDc.jpgOd9T98n.jpg

 

Mara Jade Skywalker, former Emperor's Hand, draws on her assassin training to invisibly stalk her target and attack from stealth. I'm intending her to work with Push The Limit to be able to cloak and focus every round. With Sneaker she may be a beast, but by then she'll be in the upper 30s fully kitted so that's fine by me.

 Bg8EPbx.jpgnc9rbvT.jpg

 

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9). Jaina in the novels is a relentless hunter who focuses on her target until they go down. I would like it noted that I did initial design on these guys before Omega Leader was a thing. Jaina is a slightly worse Omega Leader on a much better platform.

Battle of the StealthXes! We've got 3 now, all different :)

Mine's heavily based on Legacy of the Force. I'll have to check the others to see if they pull more from Dark Nest or Fate of the Jedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my entry for the Ship: the StealthX. With more survivability but lower firepower, the point of this ship is to fly smarter. Without ACD as a crutch players have to be able to judge when the right times to cloak and decloak are. When I get the cards made for the upgrades there will be a few tricks that will make people want to take the StealthX over the Phantom, but for now here are the ships as my official entry into Stage 1!

 WaGfE0I.jpg

 The StealthX wasn't quite as fast or maneuverable as its predecessor, so it gets a decent but not excellent dial. Possible revision: change the 2-Banks back to White.

 1Ewbx5N.jpgVxrbSu8.jpg

 

In keeping with Rebels, this ship will be more survivable than its Imperial counterpart, trading a worse dial for an extra hull. It also is taking a cut in attack compared to the Phantom. Further testing will determine if there needs to be a price reduction for the fact that the ship may be forgoing attacks in favor of stealth. It's an Advanced X-Wing, so it gets an X's upgrade bar with Tech upgrade.

 TEC2ZuS.jpgYk0TwSK.jpg

 

Jacen's whole "thing" was turning his pain into power. It's a good ability for a mid PS ship, because you'll probably take an attack or two before your turn to fire.

 6JEHTDc.jpgOd9T98n.jpg

 

Mara Jade Skywalker, former Emperor's Hand, draws on her assassin training to invisibly stalk her target and attack from stealth. I'm intending her to work with Push The Limit to be able to cloak and focus every round. With Sneaker she may be a beast, but by then she'll be in the upper 30s fully kitted so that's fine by me.

 Bg8EPbx.jpgnc9rbvT.jpg

 

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9). Jaina in the novels is a relentless hunter who focuses on her target until they go down. I would like it noted that I did initial design on these guys before Omega Leader was a thing. Jaina is a slightly worse Omega Leader on a much better platform.

Battle of the StealthXes! We've got 3 now, all different :)

Mine's heavily based on Legacy of the Force. I'll have to check the others to see if they pull more from Dark Nest or Fate of the Jedi

One of em is mine, mostly based on NJO. All 3 of us created the ships with different stats, Ive only done 1 pilot so far (a veraion of luke). The great thing is if any of the 3 stealthx designs are voted in, the pilots fromc he ofhers can always be transfered over to that ship design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all came up with different stats too. The other and I both went with 4 health (bu diffeent shield/hull distribution) I gave it 3 agility (hard to pin down), he gave it 4 attack, you gave it 5 health. I gave it barrel roll and a system slot, you both did evade and tech slot instead (to be fair, tech didnt wxist when I made mine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question. If i were to remove the missile slot from the V-Wing(thinking of adding a title that adds it, cause V-Wings dont carry ordnance in canon), do you think the cost of the ship should be reduced, or stay the same?

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Here's my entry for the Ship: the StealthX. With more survivability but lower firepower, the point of this ship is to fly smarter. Without ACD as a crutch players have to be able to judge when the right times to cloak and decloak are. When I get the cards made for the upgrades there will be a few tricks that will make people want to take the StealthX over the Phantom, but for now here are the ships as my official entry into Stage 1!

 WaGfE0I.jpg

 The StealthX wasn't quite as fast or maneuverable as its predecessor, so it gets a decent but not excellent dial. Possible revision: change the 2-Banks back to White.

 1Ewbx5N.jpgVxrbSu8.jpg

 

In keeping with Rebels, this ship will be more survivable than its Imperial counterpart, trading a worse dial for an extra hull. It also is taking a cut in attack compared to the Phantom. Further testing will determine if there needs to be a price reduction for the fact that the ship may be forgoing attacks in favor of stealth. It's an Advanced X-Wing, so it gets an X's upgrade bar with Tech upgrade.

 TEC2ZuS.jpgYk0TwSK.jpg

 

Jacen's whole "thing" was turning his pain into power. It's a good ability for a mid PS ship, because you'll probably take an attack or two before your turn to fire.

 6JEHTDc.jpgOd9T98n.jpg

 

Mara Jade Skywalker, former Emperor's Hand, draws on her assassin training to invisibly stalk her target and attack from stealth. I'm intending her to work with Push The Limit to be able to cloak and focus every round. With Sneaker she may be a beast, but by then she'll be in the upper 30s fully kitted so that's fine by me.

 Bg8EPbx.jpgnc9rbvT.jpg

 

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9). Jaina in the novels is a relentless hunter who focuses on her target until they go down. I would like it noted that I did initial design on these guys before Omega Leader was a thing. Jaina is a slightly worse Omega Leader on a much better platform.

Battle of the StealthXes! We've got 3 now, all different :)

Mine's heavily based on Legacy of the Force. I'll have to check the others to see if they pull more from Dark Nest or Fate of the Jedi

One of em is mine, mostly based on NJO. All 3 of us created the ships with different stats, Ive only done 1 pilot so far (a veraion of luke). The great thing is if any of the 3 stealthx designs are voted in, the pilots fromc he ofhers can always be transfered over to that ship design

 

I think the StealthX should have only 1 shield and bombs instead of torpedoes... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Kihraxz Custom Light Fighter

Kihraxz Only Title

0 pts

You gain the unhinged astromech slot.

 

 

 

R4-P7 *unique

unhinged astromech

3 pts.

 

After executing a red maneuver, you may recover 1 shield value (up to your shield value)

 

 

 

 

Well....crap.  I didn't get the custom graphics done over the weekend.  If anyone out there with more free time that wants to be really nice and make these card graphics for me....I'd really appreciate it!  

Edited by heychadwick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....crap.  I didn't get the custom graphics done over the weekend.  If anyone out there with more free time that wants to be really nice and make these card graphics for me....I'd really appreciate it!  

 

Finding good art for Salvaged Astromechs has proven extremely challenging.

 

MBB1uCt.jpg

 

Changed the guy's name because I couldn't find art for an R4-unit I liked.

 

rIr42zX.jpg

 

But I did turn up this cool bit of art while looking for droids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think the StealthX should have only 1 shield and bombs instead of torpedoes... 

 

 

It...wasn't a bomber.  The Shadow Bombs were just torpedoes (and used the torpedo tubes) that had the thrusters removed to pack in more explosives.

 

Isn't that the definition of a bomb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I think the StealthX should have only 1 shield and bombs instead of torpedoes... 

 

 

It...wasn't a bomber.  The Shadow Bombs were just torpedoes (and used the torpedo tubes) that had the thrusters removed to pack in more explosives.

 

Isn't that the definition of a bomb?

 

Technically?  No, but I get your meaning :P.  But the Shadow Bombs weren't just bombs they dropped and left to explode, they were still propelled to a target, just not with any on-board thrust.  And as I said, they were still fired from the torpedo tubes, which I'm pretty sure is not the case for other bombs in star wars (and definitely not mechanically in x-wing.  Can't put bombs in a torpedo slot).  And a StealthX could still use regular torpedoes if they wanted.  The proton torpedo launchers weren't any differnet, just the torpedoes themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet!   Thanks Mangipan!

 

I guess I post here and say FINAL?

 

MBB1uCt.jpg

 

I like it, R2D2s scummier version.  Can't do it every round like r2d2, but could pair it with outlaw tech on a jumpmaster and have a focus for the rounds you use it.

 

I might almost make it 2 points instead of 3.  R2D2 can theoretically be used every round if you want, and can be used when stressed.  This one can be used at most every other round (so half as often) and against a stress control list wouldn't work at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I like it, R2D2s scummier version.  Can't do it every round like r2d2, but could pair it with outlaw tech on a jumpmaster and have a focus for the rounds you use it.

 

I might almost make it 2 points instead of 3.  R2D2 can theoretically be used every round if you want, and can be used when stressed.  This one can be used at most every other round (so half as often) and against a stress control list wouldn't work at all.

 

 

Thanks!   I am cautious about lowering the price to 2 pts.  It's less than R2-D2, but the same as Focus Bot guy.  I don't want to make it too overpowered.  I think it's fine at 3 pts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINAL.

Name:Overcharged Focusing Matrix

Type:Illicit

Upgrade text: Increase your primary attack value by 1. At the start of each combat phase roll 1 attack die. On a [blam] result deal 1 facedown damage card to this ship. On a [kablam] result deal 1 faceup damage card to this ship and then assign a weapons disabled token to this ship.

Cost: 3 points

Design notes: a moderately expensive and rather risky illicit upgrade but insanely powerful. There's a 50% chance to get +1 primary attack for no downside but there's also a 37.5% chance of a pretty large downside and a 12.5% chance of critical failure. This card will reward aggressive jousting and flying because it has a good chance of just killing you otherwise. It gives a bump to scum ships at the cost of (literally) rolling the dice to see if you are punished for your dirty tricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINAL.

Name:Overcharged Focusing Matrix

Type:Illicit

Upgrade text: Increase your primary attack value by 1. At the start of each combat phase roll 1 attack die. On a [blam] result deal 1 facedown damage card to this ship. On a [kablam] result deal 1 faceup damage card to this ship and then assign a weapons disabled token to this ship.

Cost: 3 points

Design notes: a moderately expensive and rather risky illicit upgrade but insanely powerful. There's a 50% chance to get +1 primary attack for no downside but there's also a 37.5% chance of a pretty large downside and a 12.5% chance of critical failure. This card will reward aggressive jousting and flying because it has a good chance of just killing you otherwise. It gives a bump to scum ships at the cost of (literally) rolling the dice to see if you are punished for your dirty tricks.

I would pretty much autoinclude this on a yv666.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before i make my final submission, i'd like to see what you all have to say about my latest stuff. I've made 2 titles, changed the Q7 Astromech, and added a new pilot.

 

fef86cd1217c85e0018f559168e0f3b7.png

 

I want to reiterate, the are no named V-Wing pilots in existence in canon. "Reach" was another character i played in a campaign. 

 

da3b898798b16b9ed1d7301e35efee84.png

 

b23f5188d21ab4d77125ca03f1ad817d.png

 

In exchange for removing the missile slot and locking down the astromech slot to one of two astromechs, and a minimum investment of 1 point, you gain the ability to tallon roll at speed 2. Q7 Astromechs had a near counterpart level of interaction with V-Wings, and in my mind this means that the Q7 can coax the V-Wing into some rad maneuvers. The Q7 Astromech, In The Crosshairs, and this title are designed very much to work together. Tallon Roll, gain a Target Lock on a ship in your arc, use it to either attack them, or to defend from them by using it as a makeshift evade token.

 

7fefed14c3e0fea918670b33f909d71a.png

 

Emperor Palpatine had heavily modified V-Wings escort him to and from Mustafar. These V-Wings had hyperdrives and improved shields installed. Hyperdrives arent a thing, so i gave it a system slot. You trade the missile for the system slot, and get a shield for 3 points.

 

The Alpha-3 title is supposed to be the affordable, super maneuverable, arc-dodgy title, while the Royal Guard title is supposed to be tanky and offensive.

 

thoughts?

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINAL.

Name:Overcharged Focusing Matrix

Type:Illicit

Upgrade text: Increase your primary attack value by 1. At the start of each combat phase roll 1 attack die. On a [blam] result deal 1 facedown damage card to this ship. On a [kablam] result deal 1 faceup damage card to this ship and then assign a weapons disabled token to this ship.

Cost: 3 points

Design notes: a moderately expensive and rather risky illicit upgrade but insanely powerful. There's a 50% chance to get +1 primary attack for no downside but there's also a 37.5% chance of a pretty large downside and a 12.5% chance of critical failure. This card will reward aggressive jousting and flying because it has a good chance of just killing you otherwise. It gives a bump to scum ships at the cost of (literally) rolling the dice to see if you are punished for your dirty tricks.

 

Might be more interesting if the trigger for this was every time you made an attack; otherwise you're much more likely to do more damage to yourself than the enemy with this upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...