Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Custom Card League: Submit your entries now!

The v wing looks cheap. But generics need to be cheap to be used. This thing is basically a better xwing in every way, and its much older? Is there fluff for why its not in use or are the stats wrong?

The TIE Fighter is demonstrably worse than many Clone Wars era ships. And yeeeeeeeet....

Because plot is the answer. The V-Wing had a quartet of laser cannons, durable systems, a robust hull and shielding, and had speed comparable to modern TIE Fighters. But the Empire wanted TIE Fighters, so it used them.

Zeb is also a PS3 Unique pilot. PS1 cost of the attack shuttle is 16 points, 3 points less than the V-Wing. It's statline, dial, and purpose is that of a TIE Interceptor, which has a PS1 cost of 18. It's more expensive than a TIE Interceptor for 1 additional HP. I've run the costing many, many times. I wanted it to, unlike most Rebel ships, not be overcosted.

You keep comparing it to PS1, when you're PS2.  A PS2 shuttle would be probably 17 points, which is only 1 less than your ship.  Compared to an intercpetor: An additional hp is worth more than 1 point (the other point being to get the interceptor to PS2 for a closer comparison).  Hull upgrade costs 3, shield costs 4 and both take up your modification slot.  You've got 1 more health than a tie interceptor on top of 2 of that health being shields, to the 0 on an interceptor.  Additionally, you said you're 1 point more than an alpha squadron to reflect the HP, but you're also 1 PS higher than an alpha squadron...which in general 1 PS = 1 point.  Added to that you have the utility of an astromech slot.  And a missile slot.  Generally speaking there's a point cost to adding upgrade slots.  Extra greens on the dial (the green banks you mentioned)?  Also generally costs more.

Look at it another way.  Compare it to an X-wing.  Compared to a rookie pilot, you lose 1 hull, gain boost and barrel roll actions and have a way better dial.  And you trade a torpedo for a missile.  And all that for -1 squad point.  In terms of upgrade, you gain 3 points by losing the hull, then lose 4 points from boost (engine upgarde).  Then add on barrel roll (probably worth 2-3 points) and green banks (1 point maybe, going by twin ion engine mk2).  Oh, and you gain an agility.  Which is 3 points just got get temporarily with stealth device.

Granted, you can't cost everything in terms of simly how much you'd pay to add stuff with upgrades, but it still gives you an idea that you're probably too cheap.  One could argue that you lose 2 health from an x-wing since you don't get IA, but even then, I'd say you need to be a minimum of 1-2 points more.

PS1 cost is the base cost of a ship. It means that if the lowest generic was PS1, what would that pilot cost? The X-Wing has a PS1 cost of 20 points, The Scyk has a PS1 cost of 13, and so on. I'm not making this up, this was a term that comes from MathWing. Go look it up.

Also, let me just clear up one thing for you. When designing the base cost of a ship, hull doesnt cost 3 points, and shields dont cost 4. FFG costs hull and shield at one point each when designing a ship. Hull and shield upgrades are specifically overcosted because they're upgrades. 

Imagine if FFG did cost stats equivalent to their upgrade cost. Lets map out the X-Wing. 3 hull and 2 shields is gonna be a solid 17 points on HP, 2 points for the targeting computer, 1 for the focus, 2 points for the two upgrade slots, 2 agility times 3 points for two stealth devices for 6 more points, 3 attack which i would assume is 3 points each for another 9, and 1 more point for PS2, and we get....

38 points for a PS2 X-Wing. Hm. That doesnt sound right. Of course not. hull, shields, and agility are cost at a point each. upgrade slots and actions are cost at a point each regardless of the action. attack is roughly cost at 3 points per. and PS is cost a point each. doing it that way for the X-Wing gets us exactly 21 points at PS2. Granted, even the X-Wing is overcosted by 2 points. I guess that makes sense, because upgrade slots don't really do anything for you unless you spend more points to fill them. If we take upgrade slots off as 1 point each, we get the MathWing costing of the X-Wing at 19 points.

I know how to cost stuff. At worst, i cost it a point under what it's worth. The only difference between the V-Wing and the TIE Interceptor is +1 HP. Since we know those are cost at one point... PS1 cost of 19 is appropriate.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Zeb is also a PS3 Unique pilot. PS1 cost of the attack shuttle is 16 points, 3 points less than the V-Wing. It's statline, dial, and purpose is that of a TIE Interceptor, which has a PS1 cost of 18. It's more expensive than a TIE Interceptor for 1 additional HP. I've run the costing many, many times. I wanted it to, unlike most Rebel ships, not be overcosted.

You keep comparing it to PS1, when you're PS2.  A PS2 shuttle would be probably 17 points, which is only 1 less than your ship.  Compared to an intercpetor: An additional hp is worth more than 1 point (the other point being to get the interceptor to PS2 for a closer comparison).  Hull upgrade costs 3, shield costs 4 and both take up your modification slot.  You've got 1 more health than a tie interceptor on top of 2 of that health being shields, to the 0 on an interceptor.  Additionally, you said you're 1 point more than an alpha squadron to reflect the HP, but you're also 1 PS higher than an alpha squadron...which in general 1 PS = 1 point.  Added to that you have the utility of an astromech slot.  And a missile slot.  Generally speaking there's a point cost to adding upgrade slots.  Extra greens on the dial (the green banks you mentioned)?  Also generally costs more.

Look at it another way.  Compare it to an X-wing.  Compared to a rookie pilot, you lose 1 hull, gain boost and barrel roll actions and have a way better dial.  And you trade a torpedo for a missile.  And all that for -1 squad point.  In terms of upgrade, you gain 3 points by losing the hull, then lose 4 points from boost (engine upgarde).  Then add on barrel roll (probably worth 2-3 points) and green banks (1 point maybe, going by twin ion engine mk2).  Oh, and you gain an agility.  Which is 3 points just got get temporarily with stealth device.

Granted, you can't cost everything in terms of simly how much you'd pay to add stuff with upgrades, but it still gives you an idea that you're probably too cheap.  One could argue that you lose 2 health from an x-wing since you don't get IA, but even then, I'd say you need to be a minimum of 1-2 points more.

PS1 cost is the base cost of a ship. It means that if the lowest generic was PS1, what would that pilot cost? The X-Wing has a PS1 cost of 20 points, The Scyk has a PS1 cost of 13, and so on. I'm not making this up, this was a term that comes from MathWing. Go look it up.

Also, let me just clear up one thing for you. When designing the base cost of a ship, hull doesnt cost 3 points, and shields dont cost 4. FFG costs hull and shield at one point each when designing a ship. Hull and shield upgrades are specifically overcosted because they're upgrades. 

Imagine if FFG did cost stats equivalent to their upgrade cost. Lets map out the X-Wing. 3 hull and 2 shields is gonna be a solid 17 points on HP, 2 points for the targeting computer, 1 for the focus, 2 points for the two upgrade slots, 2 agility times 3 points for two stealth devices for 6 more points, 3 attack which i would assume is 3 points each for another 9, and 1 more point for PS2, and we get....

38 points for a PS2 X-Wing. Hm. That doesnt sound right. Of course not. hull, shields, and agility are cost at a point each. upgrade slots and actions are cost at a point each regardless of the action. attack is roughly cost at 3 points per. and PS is cost a point each. doing it that way for the X-Wing gets us exactly 21 points at PS2. Granted, even the X-Wing is overcosted by 2 points. I guess that makes sense, because upgrade slots don't really do anything for you unless you spend more points to fill them. If we take upgrade slots off as 1 point each, we get the MathWing costing of the X-Wing at 19 points.

I know how to cost stuff. At worst, i cost it a point under what it's worth. The only difference between the V-Wing and the TIE Interceptor is +1 HP. Since we know those are cost at one point... PS1 cost of 19 is appropriate.

Emphasis mine.

Sorry to break it to you, but no, you don't know how to cost stuff based on this example. Vander is incorrect as well to align ship costs with upgrades, but your costing is off as well.

Hull and shields are not cost at 1 point per. There is this thing called agility, which is a kind of force multiplier, which makes hull and shields more valuable the higher it is.You fail to take the agility into account this way, which is a massive error in your line of thinking. And I'm not sure how you are doing your math anyways, because the X-wing doesn't even add up to 21 with your line of thinking. I've run a number of ships through with your costing format, and here is what we get (no primary turrets included)-

Rookie (X-wing)- 2(PS)+9 (attack*3)+2(agility)+3 (hull)+2 (shield)+5(upgrades+actions)= 23 (over 2)

Bandit (Z-95)- 2+6+2+2+2+4= 18 (over 4)

Blue Sq (B-wing)- 2+9+1+3+5+8=28 (over by 6)

Rebel Op (HWK)- 2+3+2+4+1+5= 17 (over by 1! Close!)

Academy (Tie Fighter)- 1+6+3+3+4=17 (over 5)

Epsilon Sq (Tie/fo Fighter)- 1+6+3+3+1+6= 20 (over 5)

Sienar Test (Tie Adv proto)- 2+6+3+3+2+6= 19 (over 6)

Omicron (Lambda)-2+9+1+5+5+7= 28 (over 8... So... Palp worth over...)

Cartel (M3-A)- 2+6+3+2+1+5= 19 (over 5)

Aggressor- 6+9+3+4+4+11= 37 (over by 1. Close!)

Black Sun (StarViper)- 1+9+3+4+1+6= 24 (under by 1! This actually seems like it might be right in this case!)

Thug(Y-wing)- 2+6+1+5+3+7=24 (6 points over)

Of the 4 ships I ran for each faction, not a single one matched with your numbers.

The irony of this is most all of them are over costed by your costing method (heavily), even though your V-wing is undercosted. And it doesn't seem to apply to your own ship submission at all, which your generic PS 2 would cost 25 points by your method.

The matter of the fact is that the X-wing is a 2 agility ship, so of course the hull and shields are going to be cheaper because they aren't as valuable. And for a B-wing even less, and for the Ghost and Deci even less. But none of the cost methods in this game can be simply "worth" a certain amount. It is a combination of all parts of the ship that create its value. You must take into account attack, agility, hull, shields, dial, actions, and upgrades and how they all intertwine to determine the value of a ship. The equation is much more complex than what you have considered.

That shield is worth more than 1 point over the Tie interceptor. Trust me.

Edited by Kdubb

I specifically pointed out in my post that you can't base everything on the upgrade costs, but you can use upgrades to get a general idea of how some things are worth more than others (such as shield being more expensive than hull).  And boost being worth more than TL.  But 1 health (especially when 2 of your health is shields instead of hull compared to an interceptor) is worth more than 1 point.

I specifically pointed out in my post that you can't base everything on the upgrade costs, but you can use upgrades to get a general idea of how some things are worth more than others (such as shield being more expensive than hull).  And boost being worth more than TL.  But 1 health (especially when 2 of your health is shields instead of hull compared to an interceptor) is worth more than 1 point.

Agreed the upgrade cards let us know what is worth more when calculating the cost of a ship, but for a majority of ships, the costs aren't even close. For 3 agility ships though, I would say that hull is reasonably close to how much it costs when building the ship. Shield probably a bit too much, but certainly worth more than a hull for obvious reasons.

Also, according to your own comments here (and more of my post you quoted that you completely ignored), upgrades slots also cost points.  You say you're 1 point more than an interceptor for adding 1 health.  Except you completely ignored that you have 2 extra upgrade slots that the interceptor doesn't (which according to your math below, should add 2 points to the cost of the ship).  As I also pointed out earlier, better dials = more points as well.  You may not have made it a ton better, but extra greens generally costs something.

Right there you've already got 2-3 points ignoring any question of the extra health and hull->shield conversion.  

kdubb already pointed out the issues with the rest of your math, like agility not just bieng a simple 1 point per.  Each point of agility gets way more powerful the more health you have. Adding 1 health to a 3 agility ship is a much bigger deal than adding 1 health to a 0-1 agility ship.

Of course not. hull, shields, and agility are cost at a point each. upgrade slots and actions are cost at a point each regardless of the action. attack is roughly cost at 3 points per. and PS is cost a point each. doing it that way for the X-Wing gets us exactly 21 points at PS2. Granted, even the X-Wing is overcosted by 2 points. I guess that makes sense, because upgrade slots don't really do anything for you unless you spend more points to fill them. If we take upgrade slots off as 1 point each, we get the MathWing costing of the X-Wing at 19 points.

Agreed the upgrade cards let us know what is worth more when calculating the cost of a ship, but for a majority of ships, the costs aren't even close. For 3 agility ships though, I would say that hull is reasonably close to how much it costs when building the ship. Shield probably a bit too much, but certainly worth more than a hull for obvious reasons.

Like I said, its more a matter of getting an idea of how things are valued against each other.    And I never tried to actually cost the ship against the actual cost of the upgrade cards.  I even said at the end of my post that it should be a minimum of a point or two higher, not 4+ (which is where a shield upgrade + hull->shield would put it based on the upgrade cards).

Its... an A-Wing with an additional attack die, and it trades evade for barrel roll. That's literally all it is. Since we know that the "true" cost of the A-Wing is 15 points at PS1(thanks to chaardan refit being a thing to begin with), and we're rolling within the assumption that an attack die is 3 points each, and even throwing in an extra point for the astromech slot, the V-Wing is cost in the correct ballpark.

I cost the PS2 generic at 20 for many reasons, but none so important than that you could run 5 naked White Squadron Pilots in one list. Frankly, it probably wouldnt see play to begin with because it's a naked PS2 generic arc dodger. I mean, Imperials COULD run 5 PS3 Interceptors at once, but nobody actually does that, so i figure it doesnt really matter if the generics are a point undercosted. Yvonne costs more than Soontir Fel does, for a ship that... really doesnt do a whole lot more.

Look. I'll give it a once over, yeah? Chances are i won't change the PS2 generics, because i dont believe in my heart that 21 is the right cost for it lest it never, ever see use ever. But Yvonne and the PS5 generic could be cost a point higher, and i dont think it would be inappropriate. The PS5 generic would still have a point for upgrades to still fit 4 in a list, and Yvonne is high enough on the food chain that she risks being undercosted and overly dangerous.

I know i've been defensive, and i apologize. You've all given legitimate criticism and i'd like to act on it.

I uh... havent been getting much sleep lately. So i'm tired and jumpy. Sorry.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Its... an A-Wing with an additional attack die, and it trades evade for barrel roll. That's literally all it is. Since we know that the "true" cost of the A-Wing is 15 points at PS1(thanks to chaardan refit being a thing to begin with), and we're rolling within the assumption that an attack die is 3 points each, and even throwing in an extra point for the astromech slot, the V-Wing is cost perfectly.

Well for one thing, if you're comparing to a Chardaan a-wing, you have to add 2 points, cause you have missile + astromech, while the a-wing has no upgrade slots.  So even then you're looking at 15+3+2=20 for a PS1, ignoring anything else.

I don't have anything else to add but I will reiterate that I personally think the PS 2 should be 21, the 5 should be 23, and the named is fine.

Hey, do you mind if i could pick your brain? Why do you think the PS5 one and Yvonne are fine, but the PS2 one isn't? I figured it would be the other way around; The PS5 generic and Yvonne have solid qualities: the Clone Vet has an EPT slot and has a higher PS than almost all other current generics in use in the meta, and Yvonne is extremely high PS with a powerful ability. The PS2 generic, in my mind, is in danger of not being used at all, even at 20 points, because it's hard to arc dodge at PS2. I was just wondering what made you come to that conclusion, because maybe it's something i hadnt considered.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Its... an A-Wing with an additional attack die, and it trades evade for barrel roll. That's literally all it is. Since we know that the "true" cost of the A-Wing is 15 points at PS1(thanks to chaardan refit being a thing to begin with), and we're rolling within the assumption that an attack die is 3 points each, and even throwing in an extra point for the astromech slot, the V-Wing is cost perfectly.

Well for one thing, if you're comparing to a Chardaan a-wing, you have to add 2 points, cause you have missile + astromech, while the a-wing has no upgrade slots.  So even then you're looking at 15+3+2=20 for a PS1, ignoring anything else.

To be fair to myself here, i did mean that the A-Wing should have been cost at 15 points to begin with. 

Also, it's hard to discount the value of going from 2 attack dice to 3.

The cheapest 3-attack ship in the game is the alpha squadron interceptor at 18.  By your own comments on costing, the v-wing should cost 3 points more for PS1 (1 for health, 2 for upgrade slots), putting you at 21 for PS1, or 22 for PS2.  On the higher PS interceptors you can at least count another point for the extra modification slot from the title, but the cheap generics can't use it.

Lets compare it to the next-cheapest 3 attack ship, the Kihraxz.  Now you have 1 less health (ignoring any cost difference for 2 shields), the same number of upgrades, 1 more agility and 2 more actions.  The kihraxz cost 20, -1 for health, +1 for agility, +2 for actions puts you at 22.  And that's ignoring that, as kdubb mentioned, agility is a force multiplier, not just a straight 1 health.  You can argue that the kihraxz is perhaps overcosted (or needs...something at least to be more competitive), but if anything that's probably balanced out by the agility difference.

Could compare to the ewing, which costs 27 for PS1.  Since the generics aren't used becauese they're too expensive, lets discount it by 2 points similar to the a-wing and tie defender x7 and make it 25.  -1 for health and -1 for a third upgrade slot, same ations, same attack and agility, still leaves you at 23 points for PS1.  Maybe the e-wing is overcosted by 3-4 (I dunno)?  But even -4 would put the PS1 at 21, PS2 at 22 there.

Unfortunately it's hard to compare it to ships with the same attack/agility, which SHOULD be the closest comparisons.  The interceptor's not too bad, but the ewing is hard to say since int's not a competitive ship outside of corran (and who knows how FFG will decide to fix it),  The defender's a mess to compare to, since even though it's actually good with the new titles, it gets up over 100% jousting efficiency AND has a white k-turn (no idea how that's valued).  Plus the x7 gets a buncha free evade tokens, which definitely factors in there somewhere...

I'd probably be happy at 21 points for it.  One way to look at it, think about a list of 5 of these (with them being 20 points each).  5 kihraxz is actually a pretty decent list.  It's a bunch of health, and 5 3-attack ships.  And it can do quite well despite the fact that it's 5 kihraxz.  Now look at the v-wing, which has the same attack dice, 1 less health, but an extra agility to be harder to hit in the first place, AND can boost and barrel roll to be way better blockers.  or you could have 4 with autothrusters and prockets.

For the PS5, I might actually be ok seeing it only 2 points more than the PS2.  It's arguably 3 points of PS, but that mid-PS range is used a lot less than high or low (though it's getting a lot more common now with uboats around at PS3).  And it doesn't have an EPT.  If it had an EPT slot I'd argue it needed to be another point higher.  For the named pilot, i could see maybe a point more, but probbly won't break anything where she is.  She's 4 PS and an EPT over the PS5, which would be 5 points normally, making her pilot ability free, but it's a situational ability.  Only works when she's stressed and being shot at.  It'll be really good in those situations (just being able to shed the stress, even if the reroll doesn't do anything), but the rest of the time won't do anything (for instance if you arcdodge to avoid shots in the first place).  Compared to Soontir at 27, she has an arguably worse ability (free focus means all your focuses become evades instead of just a chance for them to, albeit you don't lose the stress.  It can also be used on offense instead though).  The extra health in the case of most of the name dinterceptors is mitigtaed by the fact that they usually have stealth device.  And palpatine... If the PS5 were increased to 24, then I'd think she probably needed to be as well.

I do like the Q7 astromech, basically a mini latts razzi.  Though I'm not sure how often I'd actually use it unless I had predator or something to give me rerolls as well.  All too often on Latts I've found that I'd have been better off just saving the TL to reroll dice instead of using it on her own attack...

The PS5 generic and Yvonne have solid qualities: the Clone Vet has an EPT slot and has a higher PS than almost all other current generics in use in the meta,

Just saw this.  The card you posted is missing the EPT slot for the clone vet.  At 20 points for the PS2 that's probably fine for the vet to be 23, if the PS2 went up to 21, I'd probbaly argue the vet should be 24 if he's got an EPT slot, 23 is ok otherwise probably.

The PS5 generic and Yvonne have solid qualities: the Clone Vet has an EPT slot and has a higher PS than almost all other current generics in use in the meta,

Just saw this.  The card you posted is missing the EPT slot for the clone vet.  At 20 points for the PS2 that's probably fine for the vet to be 23, if the PS2 went up to 21, I'd probbaly argue the vet should be 24 if he's got an EPT slot, 23 is ok otherwise probably.

Oh, ****. Sorry, he's supposed to have an EPT slot. Well, i read what you said, and i'll admit, it makes sense. I appreciate the feedback. I suppose i shouldnt be so afraid. PS1-4 TIE Interceptors rarely see play too, so i suppose it ultimately doesnt matter if the white squad pilot doesnt either. So i think i'll raise both generics by a point, because the PS 5 generic in my mind needs that EPT slot.

I'm still not happy with Yvonne's ability, so i may tweak it which may change the price. For a PS9 pilot.... you're right, it's too situational and works far better on a ship that isn't an arc dodger.

It'd get a little better if you made it on attacking or defending, but even then, it's just a built in Wired, and you'll probably have a focus most of the time for attacking.  If you want to keep the spending stress idea, you could maybe just make it a defense version of Keyan - spend a focus to change eyeballs to evades when defending.  Still situational, but a more powerful ability.  Could let her fly differnelty from soontir as well, since if she can spend a stress on defense, she unlocks her red maneuvers, so she can actually k-turn.

give her the Q7-X1 droid and she'd probably be similar to soontir for capabilities. You'd always have an evade (outside of bumping) and be able to take the focus action (or spend a stress on defense), vs soontir always having a focus (outside of bumping) and beinga ble to do the evade action.  1 more health than soontir, but he'll have stealth device (and frequently palpatine) to make up for it.  At 28+2 for autothrusters +3 for the droid puts you at 33, so 2 points cheaper than soontir, which might be fair.  And you have the option to pick up prockets for a good range 1 attack if you go up to 36 points.

I suppose i shouldnt be so afraid. PS1-4 TIE Interceptors rarely see play too, so i suppose it ultimately doesnt matter if the white squad pilot doesnt either. 

I've struggled with this myself in the ones I've been designing.  Trying to make the generic cheap enough to be playable/competitive, but not so cheap as to be broken en masse.  And that's definitely harder to do with 3 attack ships than with 2 attack ships.  Since to high agility targets at least, a swarm of (non-crackshot) 2 attack ships is way less scary than a swarm of 3s...

part of the problem is with uboats now, it's harder to balance the lower PS generics, since being PS3+ got WAY more valuable with the release of wave 8...

Edited by VanderLegion

What if i made it "When attacking or defending, you may spend a stress token to re-roll up to two dice."?

I like it a lot more, personally.

EDIT: Okkaaaaaaaay i redid some stuff. 

7e0037ec989618e24dc22dabb7c9477a.png

3e3b67921cdd3561c24e0ae30ce0d607.png

28c7a4203b6d26b5f6e13f29cf81805e.png

7d8a774287c324ec914b99de0ae55149.png

I also made a new EPT! Cause....why not?

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Canonically accurate V-wing stats would be more like the Scyk and A-wing.

I actually submitted a design earlier in the thread for the V-Wing as a light interceptor far more comporable to those ships than the TIE/in.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Here's what I've been working on. The V-Wing, an odd little Scum interceptor with some serious tricks up its sleeve.

5GMBqd4.jpgPkUoZ4Z.jpg

The V-Wing is a bit lower tech than the A-Wing or the TIE Adv. Prototype and loses out on the Target Lock action, but has an interesting set of upgrades to play with. I think another ship with a Salvaged Astromech slot would really start adding some interesting options to a Scum lineup.

k4VQX8m.jpg

Now this dial has changed from my original submission - the white T-Rolls are gone, it felt a lot more elegant to offer them through a title card (Which also makes the ship a bit more versatile, able to operate as a cheap blocker, similarly to a Prototype Pilot.)

3VenXEf.jpg

For unique pilots, I'd like to see a couple of Bounty Hunters that we've seen working with the Hutt Cartels.

hjdmBjn.jpg

Poor Greedo here finally gets to shoot first in his V-Wing, but only if he's having a really bad day.

QEKPYft.jpg

Boushh borrows his ability from an older design of mine, but offers a tempting pocket-ace for Scum, similarly to what the TIE/fo offers Imperial players. Either VI/R4 Agromech or PtL/Unhinged would be worthwhile choices here. Season with Glitterstim to taste.

z54pTMi.jpg

V-Wings are designed to use spherical Q7 astromechs, but the technology behind them is finicky and hard to maintain. By the time we hit the Galactic Civil War a lot of those old droids are very touchy. The V-Wing in particular can perform some fun stunts with one of these, barrel-rolling before a hard 1-turn to either scoot sideways in an unbelievably hard dive, or stay almost still while changing facing.

8OgrQ1O.jpgULHVH1P.jpg

We've got a couple more Salvaged Astromechs, too. Both of them offering dubious tradeoffs.

2Bs1u2R.jpg

Finally, a new illicit card - Neutron Pixie is a form of spice related to Glitterstim that can temporarily give its user unnatural reflexes. This should help low pilot skill V-Wings compete with more expensive pilots.

Love me some Scum Vwing. I have in my mind the Scum, and Rebel expansion I'm voting for but I've yet to see an imperial one that particularly grabs me...

Anyone got an idea?

Scimitar Assault Bomber, of course  ;)

Size: small base

Gauntlet-Squadron-Pilot-Front-Face_zpsuk      Whiplash-Squadron-Pilot-Front-Face_zpsd2

Scimitar-Assault-Bomber-Front-Face-2_zps

Design Notes:

The Scimitar Assault Bomber is designed to be a fast medium bomber, relying on the SLAM action to control the angle of engagement and to disengage from dogfights so that it can deliver its payload of missiles, bombs or torpedoes effectively.  

The cost is based off of Major Juggler’s expected cost for a pre-fix TIE/advanced (16 points at PS2), which the SAB shares a statline with.  The Gauntlet and Whiplash Squadron Pilots only pay a 1 point tax for the SLAM action, since they have a low PS and will often not be able to use reactively.

But in all seriousness, as far as imperial ships go, I think we have several good ones.  The Assault gunboat, TIE Avenger and TIE hunter are all interesting ships.

Edited by Babaganoosh

Here's my entry for the Ship: the StealthX. With more survivability but lower firepower, the point of this ship is to fly smarter. Without ACD as a crutch players have to be able to judge when the right times to cloak and decloak are. When I get the cards made for the upgrades there will be a few tricks that will make people want to take the StealthX over the Phantom, but for now here are the ships as my official entry into Stage 1!

WaGfE0I.jpg

The StealthX wasn't quite as fast or maneuverable as its predecessor, so it gets a decent but not excellent dial. Possible revision: change the 2-Banks back to White.

1Ewbx5N.jpgVxrbSu8.jpg

In keeping with Rebels, this ship will be more survivable than its Imperial counterpart, trading a worse dial for an extra hull. It also is taking a cut in attack compared to the Phantom. Further testing will determine if there needs to be a price reduction for the fact that the ship may be forgoing attacks in favor of stealth. It's an Advanced X-Wing, so it gets an X's upgrade bar with Tech upgrade.

TEC2ZuS.jpgYk0TwSK.jpg

Jacen's whole "thing" was turning his pain into power. It's a good ability for a mid PS ship, because you'll probably take an attack or two before your turn to fire.

6JEHTDc.jpgOd9T98n.jpg

Mara Jade Skywalker, former Emperor's Hand, draws on her assassin training to invisibly stalk her target and attack from stealth. I'm intending her to work with Push The Limit to be able to cloak and focus every round. With Sneaker she may be a beast, but by then she'll be in the upper 30s fully kitted so that's fine by me.

Bg8EPbx.jpgnc9rbvT.jpg

Jaina flew with Rogue Squadron and eventually came to lead them (hence PS9). Jaina in the novels is a relentless hunter who focuses on her target until they go down. I would like it noted that I did initial design on these guys before Omega Leader was a thing. Jaina is a slightly worse Omega Leader on a much better platform.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

7d8a774287c324ec914b99de0ae55149.png

I also made a new EPT! Cause....why not?

If you want the accurate military aviation term for this it's called "bore sight". You basically slave the radar to your gunsight. It was a common method of acquiring a lock on at low level before the advent of modern look down radars.