Sign in to follow this  
OmegaLeader144

We need more small ship titles.

Well the Original Rogue Squadron use to be the Elite Rebel unit flying X Wings.

1_zpsclgohlwe.jpg

But now Disney have changed what is and what isn't Cannon.

Rogue group so far, only refers to What Luke formed up in the Speeder Squadron at Hoth.

"It will also be interesting to see how the New Film deals with Rogue Group/Squadron"

But Yea,

It would be nice to see more Xwings following either more of Red Group or the Rogue Squadron.

Rebel Veterans shouldn't be that far away from coming to light.

it will be interesting to see what FFG has planned.  ;)

Or Wedge leading Wraith Squadron. . .its would give FFG an excuse to upgrade/fix the T-65 to a -B, -C, or -D variant.

It would also be awesome to see pilots in the same squadron get brobot-like effects. . .wingmen who share/puff skills, squadron leaders who help the entire squad, etc.

That might also help some of the lesser ships.  A-Wings are blah, but if you're flying Phoenix Squadron, well, then. . .

Plus, it would add some flavor.  Players could fly the same models, but if they were different squads, they would perform differently.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Well, to be fair, 

Rogue group so far, only refers to What Luke formed up in the Speeder Squadron at Hoth

That's all it ever was in the films.  If Rogue Squadron had been a thing, why weren't they going by those call signs in Return of the Jedi?  They were all Red designations.  The EU took "Rogue" and ran with it because it sounded cooler than "Red."

Red -> Rouge -> Rogue?   That seems like a pretty logical progression.

As for the topic I certainly would like to see more titles for small ships although I'd certainly try to stay away from Unique titles which things like Red 3 and Red 5 seem to be.  To me a title should either be a variation on a ship which explains how different pilots could use it or, especially if unique, give it some status improvement although this possibly should be an EPT instead.

After Imperial Veterans and Heroes of the Resistance there will be only 10 out of 36 ships that do not have a title. And 2 3 ships with multiple titles.

1. X-wing
  2. TIE-fighter
  3. B-wing
  4. Z-95 headhunter
  5. E-wing
  6. TIE-Phantom
  7. Kihraxz Starfighter
  8. TIE Punisher
  9. K-wing
  10. TIE/FO

I would like to see titles that don;t become an auto-include also I would like to see ships with multiple titles to be unique titles. Right now only the slave 1 has multiple unique titles.

Edited by Marinealver

still surprised there isnt any Tie-Fighter titles. something to support swarm behavior so it really doesnt do anything for solo "elite" ties.

Name: Attack Formation

For: Imperial TIE Fighters, TIE/fo, and Advance TIE Fighters

Cost: 1pt

Effect: When attacking the same target as another ship, you may roll 1 extra attack die. The other ship does not need this title to generate this effect, but it does need to be the same type of ship as the one this title card was purchased for. TIE Fighters and TIE/fo's count as the same ship.

Probably wouldnt outshine the TIE/Adv titlecard but doesnt feel right excluding them since yaknow "Stay in attack formation" is a vader line.

After Imperial Veterans and Heroes of the Resistance there will be only 10 out of 36 ships that do not have a title. And 2 ships with multiple titles.

• X-wing
  • TIE-fighter
  • B-wing
  • Z-95 headhunter
  • E-wing
  • TIE-Phantom
  • Kihraxz Starfighter
  • TIE Punisher
  • K-wing
  • TIE/FO
I would like to see titles that don;t become an auto-include also I would like to see ships with multiple titles to be unique titles. Right now only the slave 1 has multiple unique titles.

Also half of those ships have a modification that can only be used by that ship. So kind of like a title.

Also half of those ships have a modification that can only be used by that ship. So kind of like a title.

It may be similar but certainly isn't the same thing.  There is a LOT more versatility in that modification slot and even when filled with a ship specific modification it shuts out the chance at using other modifications which may almost be needed in some cases.

Well, to be fair, 

Rogue group so far, only refers to What Luke formed up in the Speeder Squadron at Hoth

That's all it ever was in the films.  If Rogue Squadron had been a thing, why weren't they going by those call signs in Return of the Jedi?  They were all Red designations.  The EU took "Rogue" and ran with it because it sounded cooler than "Red."

The EU reason for going back to Red Wing for Endor was as an honor to those that fought against the 1st Death Star..since Red Squdron took it out, the idea was that all the Xwings would be Red Group/Wing. Also remember that at Endor it wasnt just 36 fighters (3 Squadrons fighting) it was well over 3 wings (of 36-72+ of fighters each) so having each fighter divided up by squadrons could possibly get difficult when calling for aid/out orders.

still surprised there isnt any Tie-Fighter titles. something to support swarm behavior so it really doesnt do anything for solo "elite" ties.

Effect: When attacking the same target as another ship, you may roll 1 extra attack die. The other ship does not need this title to generate this effect, but it does need to be the same type of ship as the one this title card was purchased for. TIE Fighters and TIE/fo's count as the same ship.

Probably wouldnt outshine the TIE/Adv titlecard but doesnt feel right excluding them since yaknow "Stay in attack formation" is a vader line.

The idea of it is nice, but +1 dice for 1 pts is not even close to being balanced.

The idea of it is nice, but +1 dice for 1 pts is not even close to being balanced.

But it is the squad synergy I'd like to see come to the game. . .

Dunno why it's so important for ships to have titles.

But whatever.

Titles I expect to see eventually:

Rogue Leader (or One)(unique)

Rogue Squadron Pilot

Gold Leader (or One)(unique)

Emperor's Hand (or some variant, possibly unique)

Emperor's Personal Shuttle (unique

Titles are generally either free upgrades or oddly cheap upgrades for a specific ship. Majority of ships either dont have titles or have kinda pointless titles (torps on firesprays...wat)

Some of them also revamp how you use a ship. 

Thats why people want more titles. It either "fixes" lesser ships or offers a different way to use ships.

Well the elite named mini-swarm is making a come back so I could see a series of unique titles to personalize with their ship such as a unique TIE-fighter title that allows you to reroll 1 attack dice for wampa, or a title that allows you to reroll 1 defense dice for Howlrunner. However I think we all could agree that the ships that need a series of unique titles the most is the (classic T-65) X-wing. How about Red 5 when using a secondary weapon if you have a focus token all of your <blanks> become crits. Or Red 2 When attacking if you are in the defenders firing arc gain 1 attack die. 

It may be similar but certainly isn't the same thing.  There is a LOT more versatility in that modification slot and even when filled with a ship specific modification it shuts out the chance at using other modifications which may almost be needed in some cases.

Also a lot of the general modifications are better than the ship restricted ones. EU will almost always be taken over maneuvering fins. I don't see the B-wing E-2 on many ships but I do see some other modifications occasionally.

After Imperial Veterans and Heroes of the Resistance there will be only 10 out of 36 ships that do not have a title. And 2 ships with multiple titles.

1. X-wing
  2. TIE-fighter
  3. B-wing
  4. Z-95 headhunter
  5. E-wing
  6. TIE-Phantom
  7. Kihraxz Starfighter
  8. TIE Punisher
  9. K-wing
  10. TIE/FO

Falcon also has multiple unique titles... with the same name, ug... much rather go with Stellar Envoy or similar if they were gonna do that...

I just thought of how the titles I came up with could work, but I can think of how many points that they would cost. These are what I came up with: Red 5: You can reroll 1 attack die; Red 3: If you receive a critical damage with Ship on it, you may discard it without resolving its effects; Rouge Leader( a two sided card) (side one) If your ship is PS8 or higher you can reroll 2 dice, (side two) if your ship is PS7 or lower you can reroll one dice; and Prototype B-Wing: you can roll 6 attack die once per game, and then receive a disabled weapons token.