MalusCalibur

"We need your help, Star Fox!"

On 10/23/2017 at 6:26 AM, MalusCalibur said:

Tempting, but flying into other ships (even your wingmates!) would still break your wing and lose you your weapon powerup in the game, and while blocking is easily done it still seems fair, as Expert Mode is still a very powerful bonus to have. Blocking can be avoided with good flying, after all, and Expert Mode requires..nay, demands that you fly well!

Actually, hitting enemies (except bosses) and wingmates are FAR less likely to damage your wings then hitting terrain. Just saying. :P

2 hours ago, Kepora said:

Actually, hitting enemies (except bosses) and wingmates are FAR less likely to damage your wings then hitting terrain. Just saying. :P

Not so in Expert Mode - hit anything so much as once and you can kiss your wing and laser powerups goodbye. Believe me, I know. One too many enraged outbursts at my wingmen flying INTO ME on Katina, only for them to to critcise my flying!

So I suddenly realised that the 'Never Give Up' EPT is stupidly undercosted - functionally it is a Hull Upgrade at minimum, with the potential for multiple uses with no drawback. That had to change, so I've altered the wording as shown below.
Essentially, I've now given it a tradeoff and a finite maximum number of uses, which is only fair for 1pt. I removed the 'equal to your hull value' clause, because it's no longer needed - the new wording elegantly makes it only really useable if that's the case anyway.
al6stx.jpg