MalusCalibur

"We need your help, Star Fox!"

I feel we need a GOOD POST for that. I've never heard of Star Fox, but now I want to. Looks fun :)

Rok98 with all due respect may I ask, how old you are and where are you from?

More just curious, since i know of lots of people of all ages that know what Star Fox is. Its okay that you dont, I dont expect everyone to know every game, etc....I sure don't.

FYI, Star Fox is a video game series from a while back, but they just released another one for the Wii.

Also MalusCalibur, is there a chance of you making any enemy ships?

Edited by knavelead

I feel we need a GOOD POST for that. I've never heard of Star Fox, but now I want to. Looks fun :)

More just curious, since i know of lots of people of all ages that know what Star Fox is. Its okay that you dont, I dont expect everyone to know every game, etc....I sure don't.

FYI, Star Fox is a video game series from a while back, but they just released another one for the Wii.

UK

Stopped playing computer games about 5/6 years ago

Never played WII

Master System

Megadrive

(Sonic the Hedgehog mostly)

PC games such as Dune 2000, Warcraft, Warcraft 2, StarCraft 2 Space Hulk and Star Wars Supremacy

PlayStation 2

(Star Wars Battlefronts I and II)

Edit: I enjoy being creative with RPGs and gaming with miniatures a lot more than playing computer games. Seems more personal.

Edited by RoK 98

UK

Never played WII

Master System

Megadrive

PC games such as Dune 2000, Warcraft, Warcraft 2, StarCraft 2 Space Hulk and Star Wars Supremacy

PlayStation 2

Edit: I enjoy being creative with RPGs and gaming with miniatures a lot more than playing computer games. Seems more personal.

I'm 33 also. I like how you call the Sega Genesis, the Megadrive, I have my Megadrive at my uncle's home in London still. And only had Sonic for that one, had other games at my one here in New Orleans.

The original Star Fox games were for Gamecube an Super Nintendo so mybe that is why you didnt hear of them before. The one for Wii is only a few weeks old, like brand new...so it is understandable that you havent played that one.

UK

Never played WII

Master System

Megadrive

PlayStation 2

I'm 33 also. I like how you call the Sega Genesis, the Megadrive, I have my Megadrive at my uncle's home in London still. And only had Sonic for that one, had other games at my one here in New Orleans.

The original Star Fox games were for Gamecube an Super Nintendo so mybe that is why you didnt hear of them before. The one for Wii is only a few weeks old, like brand new...so it is understandable that you havent played that one.

I knew someone with a GameCube, but I only played Mario Cart. Got addicted to it for a week.

I was just going to use an arwing for the awful Ewing mini, after the ewing fix happens.

And Starfox zero is decent, and the controls are overstated- I think the easiest way is to use the cockpit view entirely.

Wonderful job. Huge fan of star fox (first video game i ever played actually). The only thing i found strange was falco being ps7 ans fox ps8. According to the games/comics falco is the ace pilot of star fox. You seemed to compensate with his ability though. Overall very well done.

If you end up making a star wolf pack might i suggest a pilot ability for wolf?

So ps8 or 9

When you perform a barrel roll or a boost action you may end touching an enemy ship. If you do each enemy ship you are touching recieves 1 damage. (Better wording though)

This is due to the fact that in star fox assault and star fox zero wolf will attack you by charging and rolling into you (especially after you shoot him)

Edited by 4fox100

So ps8 or 9

When you perform a barrel roll or a boost action you may end touching an enemy ship. If you do each enemy ship you are touching recieves 1 damage. (Better wording though)

This is due to the fact that in star fox assault and star fox zero wolf will attack you by charging and rolling into you (especially after you shoot him)

I've already been working on a Star Wolf pack :D

So ps8 or 9

I've already been working on a Star Wolf pack :D

oooooo. Able to spoil anything?

Beautiful work. Very pretty, very well written, and very flavorful.

I will say, the ships do seem a bit overcosted to me. Compare to the A-Wing at 15 points; the Cornerian Test Pilot is 7 points more for +1 hull, +1 shield, and some other tidbits. Now, 7 points is the same as adding a hull and shield upgrade to an A-Wing -- which should be a pretty clear sign that it's too much, because when have you seen an A-Wing take hull or shield upgrades (and do well)? Hell, how often do you see ANYONE take those, outside of Tel or Carnor? Point is: hull and shields cost a lot less than their respective upgrades (which keeps said upgrades from being auto-includes). For the same price as the basic pilot, I could also have a B-Wing; and that extra attack die is probably going to serve me better than added maneuverability and perhaps a bit more durability. I wouldn't hesitate to knock two or three points off the base cost.

I ALMOST said something about Falco being the better pilot in the Arwing, but then i saw Falco's ability. Nice.

But yeah, for real, it's established canon that Falco was the best pilot in the group. So i really think his pilot ability suits him well. Attack first, or move last every turn. Pretty nice ability. Clears up that EPT slot from VI for harder hitting EPTs like Predator, or PTL.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf