Sign in to follow this  
patox

Will there be a 3rd Core Set?

With 5 more Star Wars movies in the pipeline, will FFG release a new core set to accompany each one?

Will therel be a 3rd core set or even more?

Will they release a new core set and then discontinue another one?

Will we have a 3rd starter in just a few months? The X-Wing Rogue One Core Set

Hopefully not but if they do I would at least like to see a Scum ship in the box. I don't know which one, maybe a Khiraxz as it is sort of the X-Wing analog for scum. But again, hopefully not.

You're never going to see a scum ship in a core set. Core sets aren't made for us. They're made to bring people into the game. You'll only ever see recognisable iconic ships in them. So unless they make a movie that isn't about Rebs vs Imps ..I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm sure there will be a Rogue One Box, whether it is the style of Rebel Aces, or Heroes oof the Resistance, or if it is along the lines of several releases (T-70, Heroes, and the TIE/FO) is dependant on the ships in the movie, and how much air time/importance of those ships are in the movie.

Heck we might get them fying Xwings or a transport and only have a minor space combat like when the Falcon had to deal with the 4 ties after the escaping the Deathstar, or even no real space combats in the movie at all.

I sure hope we get something awesome for Xwings and Ywings!!!!

More pilots if not anythingelse for Ywings (since they truly are as good as is in game me

As for a 3rd Core Set, I see them doing a 2nd edition at some point I've played enough of other FFG's games to know they will, and sadly we'll have to buy some sort of conversion set to make all our previously bought ships. I hope they dont do this, but I think it is inevitable. And I hope this is years down the line though.

In some ways we already have a version 1.5 of the rules with the 2nd core, though it was a good release and more an update rather than a new whole set of rules/format.

I think Rogue One will be a T-65 fix complete with new paint scheme from the movie. There's also the Rebel Transport. Hopefully the Imperials will get one or two new ships.....

(Gunboat)

......runs

I think so, with the release of Rogue one !

Ffg had a huge success with the release of the TFA core set around chrismas, so from a marketing stand point, it makes sense as the timing will be the same.

Edited by fab74

The only reason I think another core is likely is that a core set is the only set big retailers like Target will carry on their shelves, so if those retailers (and Disney/FFG) want X-Wing on big box retailer shelves they will probably need to update the core sets.

I think Rogue One will be a T-65 fix complete with new paint scheme from the movie. There's also the Rebel Transport. Hopefully the Imperials will get one or two new ships.....

(Gunboat)

......runs

yep. Run straight to the corner. Right beside me.

So this is what the hate corner looks like. Good thing we're a Wookie and Assassin Droid.

what did you see as the cluster with the TFA core set release?

Quite possibly the initial requirement to purchase it, as only ITS damage deck was going to be Legal to play in Organised play in the following new year?