Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

Obi-Wan is coming?

(yes, yes, phrasing.)

We all know that FFG loves to recycle their art assets. Artwork used for X-Wing frequently makes it into the card game and Imperial Assault, and vice versa.

And now IA has gained the services of a Jedi hermit. Obi-Wan is now the only canon character from TV or the films who is available in that game, but not in X-Wing.

I think this makes his arrival within the game of X-Wing into an inevitability.

I just want Ghost Obi-Wan giving me the ability to shoot torpedoes extra awesome without needing a target lock

Since the X-wing has no crew slot, would Ghost Obi-Wan be a "T-65 Only" Modification slot?  :lol:

Maybe this is the fix for the T-65.

Hey! As a Ghost - he wouldn't even have to be unique! He could be all places at once, or whispering into any number of pilots' ears.  THIS COULD INDEED BE THE T-65 FIX!

(yes, yes, phrasing.)

We all know that FFG loves to recycle their art assets. Artwork used for X-Wing frequently makes it into the card game and Imperial Assault, and vice versa.

And now IA has gained the services of a Jedi hermit. Obi-Wan is now the only canon character from TV or the films who is available in that game, but not in X-Wing.

He's been in FFG's artwork pool since they made the LCG.

(yes, yes, phrasing.)

I'm honestly a bit surprised that we didn't get him in the Falcon's original release.  I mean, he was in legit space combat IN the Falcon - in an asteroid field (well, what was left of Alderaan, but...details) and everything!

As it is, not sure where FFG would fit him in.  I guess they could always do another CR90 - Raymond Antilles's Sundered Heart (where Yoda was also onboard for a time).  And, heck, maybe give it another title card for the Liberator (so we can get a Jun Sato, Commander Rex, and Ahsoka Tano crew) as well as a docking clamps upgrade to attach A-Wings to it...  Release it in an expansion pack WITH an A-Wing bringing us Phoenix Squadron as a PS0 generic, alongside named pilots Hera Syndulla, Ahsoka Tano, and Dicer...and yeah I'd buy it...

(And while I'd be totally okay with just a repaint of the CR90 in the 'Rebels' blue-striped color scheme...the actual CR90 'Sundered Heart' did look rather substantially different.)

Edited by xanderf

I just want Ghost Obi-Wan giving me the ability to shoot torpedoes extra awesome without needing a target lock

Since the X-wing has no crew slot, would Ghost Obi-Wan be a "T-65 Only" Modification slot?  :lol:

Maybe this is the fix for the T-65.

Hey! As a Ghost - he wouldn't even have to be unique! He could be all places at once, or whispering into any number of pilots' ears.  THIS COULD INDEED BE THE T-65 FIX!

Or...... Old Ben can ride in the torpedo tubes since those will most likely be empty on the old x wings

he could take a crew slot and act like a  glitterstim... a use the force for 1 round type thing.

or any cards with droids can't be used against the ship he is in as this isn't ship the droids are looking for :)

Edited by shotbyscott

Elite pilot skill "Use the Force"

Unique

Action: acquire a focus and target lock

5 pts

Or make it a discard after use for like 2-3pts

Edited by Jetfire

Elite pilot skill "Use the Force"

Unique

Action: acquire a focus and target lock

5 pts

Or make it a discard after use for like 2-3pts

NO..

I don't want any more good rebel crew cards that are discard after use.

stupid palp should have been a 2-3 pt discard