Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

Ancient Lightsaber and Energy

There are keywords that do not yet have any relevance, but the Energy trait (edit: probably) means you can't add a modification that has the Energy keyword trait to the Ancient Lightsaber. (I.e. Vibrogenerator.)

Edited by a1bert

There are keywords that do not yet have any relevance, but Energy means you can't add a modification that has the Energy keyword to the Ancient Lightsaber. (I.e. Vibrogenerator.)

Where are you pulling that information from???

Item Modification, RRG, Page 16:

An Item card cannot have more than one modification with the same trait attached to it at the same time, excluding the Modification trait. For example, a weapon can only have one Barrel modification attached to it.

There is no mention that the weapon's own traits limit the type of modification you can attach. This restriction only states multiple modifications.

Edited by Fizz

RRG, Item Cards - Modifications (but I'm extending it to cover traits appearing on the weapon itself - why would the trait be listed otherwise? - but official ruling would be helpful).

· An Item card cannot have more than one modification with
  the same trait attached to it at the same time, excluding the
  Modification trait. For example, a weapon can only have one
  Barrel modification attached to it.

(The most often happening case: Extended Haft and Balanced Hilt can't go into the same melee weapon.)

Edited by a1bert

RRG, Item Cards - Modifications (but I'm extending it to cover traits appearing on the weapon itself).

· An Item card cannot have more than one modification with

the same trait attached to it at the same time, excluding the

Modification trait. For example, a weapon can only have one

Barrel modification attached to it.

Doesn't that only limit modifications?

See above (i am the king of editing my posts mid stream for formatting).

Restriction is on multiple modifications, not the weapon's traits.

The weapon's traits are for reference, such as 'Pistol' and attacking with a 'Pistol'.

Edited by Fizz

Correct, by RAW the traits are checked only between modifications, but it wouldn't be the first time something small slips through FFG, alpha, and beta testing. I'll let you know the answer I get.

(And it doesn't really matter unless you pull the Vibrogenerator during upgrade stages, no other melee mod seem to have the Energy trait.)

Edited by a1bert

I was about to make a joke about making a long, thick and mostly hollow rod vibrate, but I guess I really shouldn't.

With repeated use, you wouldn't surge so quickly...

Okay really, I'll stop now.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

Correct, by RAW the traits are checked only between modifications, but it wouldn't be the first time something small slips through FFG, alpha, and beta testing. I'll let you know the answer I get.

(And it doesn't really matter unless you pull the Vibrogenerator during upgrade stages, no other melee mod seem to have the Energy trait.)

I personally think that you are guessing too much here. It's a trait. There are traits on the cards in the Core Set which do not have an effect on the game yet.

It might be that later there will be modifications which you can only put on energy weapons (e.g Lightsaber Cristals like in KOTOR), but they may as well never need it.

Edit: Strange:

Davith's Lightsaber has the Lightsaber Trait, the one Diala can get too,  I wonder why this one hasn't

swi24_card_shrouded-lightsaber.png

Edited by Moihaha

If your lightsaber stays ignited for more than four hours, consult your medical droid.

I think in this context if your lightsaber is ignited at all then a medical droid is in order.

Edited by Norgrath

I personally think that you are guessing too much here. It's a trait. There are traits on the cards in the Core Set which do not have an effect on the game yet.

It might be that later there will be modifications which you can only put on energy weapons (e.g Lightsaber Cristals like in KOTOR), but they may as well never need it.

Edit: Strange:

Davith's Lightsaber has the Lightsaber Trait, the one Diala can get too,  I wonder why this one hasn't

swi24_card_shrouded-lightsaber.png

All I can figure is that they have a lightsaber only mod planned and don't want the ancient lightsaber to be able to use it.

Or perhaps the Ancient is a "traditional" LS which is more powerful in its true form than a "built from scratch" Shrouded LS. It could also be one of the "shorter" blade versions for concealing/stealth mode.

~D