Sign in to follow this  
Muz333

Obi-Wan kenobi, Greedo and The grand Inqusitor packs announced!

Obi Wan Kenobi. Cost 12

+1 Evade , Surge = 2 damage, Surge = pierce 3

Use the Force: While another friendly figure within 3 spaces is performing an attribute test, it may apply +1 surge to the dice results.

Mind Trick: Use during your activation: You may choose up to 2 hostile figures within 4 spaces of you. You may move each of those figures 1 space.

Health 12, Speed 4, Defense 1 Black, Attack - Red,Green,Yellow

Edit: Attribute test instead of Attack - thanks Baer!

Campaign only though. They didn't show his skirmish card

Is there a skirmish version though?  Read the last paragraph.

Your skirmish games can also benefit from the knowledge and defense offered by Obi-Wan Kenobi. Two new skirmish missions set in an Anchorhead Bar test the mettle of any strike team, and with three new Command cards to boost the powers of your Force Users during a skirmish, it’s plain to see that Obi-Wan Kenobi has a power that any dark side player would fear to oppose.

Doesn't say anything about actually using him in Skirmish though.  Would they do that?  Doubt it... but still weird.

I also don't see a timeline on any of these quests.  They must just have not added them yet, because the Grand Inquisitor "dies" in Rebels before any of IA even takes place.  So I have a feeling that before these packs hit the shelves there is a Rebels expansion announced/released shortly after.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Strange that the Grand Inquisitor figure doesn't have his dualsaber ignited....I sense conversions....

But it is ignited, if you look carefully, you can see the second blade

Huh...on second look, yeah it is ignited....must be a strange angle for the figure.

Interesting thoughts on the lightsaber: Against weaker opponents it's stronger when wounded, against stronger opponents it's weaker.

The electrostaff looks like it gives cleave to the attack under some conditions.

The Blaster pistol has some ability that costs strain and is used when an attack targeting you resolves.

All of these characters are dead before the events of the first campaign. 

I assume any missions that come with these guys will be time period 1

Which would mean they are not playable in Campaign at the moment, unless they release a a time Period 1 campaign beforehand....

However strangely enough the cards show no limitations...

Strange

Edited by Moihaha

With YGB pool, the ancient lightsaber w/ hilt beats Force Pike w/ Guard.

Davith will still likely stick with his own saber, with 2 mods it is about on par.

An yeah, if you are wounded, you get a damage increase!

The electrostaff looks like it gives cleave to the attack under some conditions.

I think it says: When you declare an attack with this weapon, the attack may gain either Reach or Cleave 2(not sure about the value)

Maybe I'm squinting this text wrong, but with his command card is the Inquisitor getting a possible 5+ accuracy, Ranged, possible 6 cleave damage?  That is one hell of a scary ability, even for a 2 point command card.

It certainly appears that way. That is sick.

Hmm. I know I've made a lot of hay about underpowered unique units, but I'm wondering if the inquisitor may be swinging too far in the other direction. On the other hand, he would be great in campaign, evoking exactly the response I would want for a villain: "oh crap. We need to get this done before he messes us up." Maybe lead to some cool showdown where a couple of heroes stay behind to handle this joker

Edited by lowercaseM

Maybe I'm squinting this text wrong, but with his command card is the Inquisitor getting a possible 5+ accuracy, Ranged, possible 6 cleave damage?  That is one hell of a scary ability, even for a 2 point command card.

It certainly appears that way. That is sick.

+3 Accuracy

swi30_the-grand-inquisitor.png

EDIT:  No, you're right, the Command Card gives +2 accuracy to this.

Edited by Boba Rick

Hmm. I know I've made a lot of hay about underpowered unique units, but I'm wondering if the inquisitor may be swinging too far in the other direction. On the other hand, he would be great in campaign, evoking exactly the response I would want for a villain: "oh crap. We need to get this done before he messes us up." Maybe lead to some cool showdown where a couple of heroes stay behind to handle this joker

This reminds me of an old dungeon crawl game I played in the 90s called Dragon Strike.  Each mission had a set of objectives for the heroes and a layout of monsters, just like IA (it was played on more traditional, foldable game boards, but otherwise was very similar to IA and Descent). And each mission would have a timer that counted down a set number of turns.  Once that number of turns is met, you lose.  Except you don't really lose, it summons the Dragon.  Your goal then becomes forget the mission and escape, because the dragon is faster than you, it can fly, and after you've played most of a mission and have taken damage, it can typically clear all heroes in a turn if it catches you.  It can be beaten, but it really can't be beaten.  When the Dragon spawns you essentially lose. 

Your post took me back lol.

... Is there a skirmish version though? ...

He will have a Skirmish deployment card. Otherwise the pictured Command Card that has his name on would make no sense.

Edited by ibsh

He will have a Skirmish deployment card. Otherwise the pictured Command Card that has his name on would make no sense.

Good catch, that command card appears to read:

Use at the start of the round.  Until the end of the round, hostile figures cannot declare attacks targeting you unless they are within 3 spaces of you.

Seems like a pretty good card for 1 cost.

And for the Inquisitors card that is definitely Accuracy 2 and Cleave 3.

Greedo reads Use when an attack targeting you is declared.  Apply +2 block and +1 evade to the defense results.  Cost 0.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Double-sided cards perhaps?

Inquisitor feels a bit OP. 

Inq vs Vader

-9 points (a whole eStormtrooper group!)

-1 HP

+1 Speed (HUGE difference)

-2 BLACK die w/ re-roll for one

+1 WHITE die (DODGE!) w/ +1 block if you don't get one naturally

-1 RED die

+1 GREEN die (more surges)

+ Ranged attack ability (w/ potential to cleave 6...)

- Brutality (2 different targets in melee)

- 1 less dmg surge (1 compared to 2)

+ Cleave 3!

+ surge to NEGATE DODGE

Inq vs RGC

-4 points

+2 health

-1 speed (6 to 5 isn't as bad as 5 to 4 though)

+ 1 on pierce surge

- 1 on dmg surge

- bleed

+ Cleave 3!

+ Ranged attack ability (w/ potential to cleave 6...)

- Brutality (2 different targets in melee)

- Executor ability (moving and attacking IS nice)

-1 BLACK die

+1 block if you don't get one naturally

+ surge to NEGATE DODGE

I don't know. That seems to be swinging FAR to much into the "single unit" activation fix that most people agree is needed. 

Just my 2 credit.

Double-sided cards perhaps?

They've already established that precedent with the alternate Royal Guards. It'd be a good way to reduce their printing costs.

Maybe you should compare to figures that are not considered to be overcosted...

Vader is for sure, if he was 14-15 it would be more fitting. So being generous he's 5-6pts more? Just a rStormie group then.

RGC can pull his weight as is with some good play, Speed6 and BW defense takes care of that. But 4pts more and losing out on some crucial HP, Dodge negating and a very useful ranged attack, possibly cleaving 6!? Nah. 

Just to appease though:

Inq vs Luke

-1 point

+ 5 health (33% more)

-1 BLUE die (better for range anyway)

+1 RED die (for melee)

- surge Recover 2 (can be great, can never happen)

+ surge Cleave 3!

+ RY ranged attack ability w/ potential to Cleave 6

+ surge to NEGATE DODGE

-1 inherit Block

+1 Block if none rolled

- RY melee attack w/ auto Pierce 3

Still seems to swing to far in the other direction.

Edited by CaptHalbarad