Sign in to follow this  
Muz333

Obi-Wan kenobi, Greedo and The grand Inqusitor packs announced!

How many Jedi has ren actually fought?

That we know of for a fact? None.

People are making assumptions that his betrayal included him personally murdering all of Luke's other pupils, specifically with a lightsaber, and that they fought back with their own lightsabers. That is neither stated nor shown in the movie.

Only thing we saw about Kylo Ren that MIGHT pertain to his betrayal at Luke's place is that he and a bunch of other dudes we don't have a clue about loitered around in the rain for an undisclosed period of time, and that Kylo Ren stabbed a guy wearing a stove pot on his head. For all we know, that might have been Bob, the janitor at Starbucks.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

The reason Rey is so good at everything is that she is Palpatine's reincarnated clone.  That's why she was dumped on Jakku where nothing significant would come of her - she is too useful to kill, and too terrifying to let free.  Snoke's reveal of this information, and that he is her 'father', is the 'I am your father' moment from the utter plagiarism of ESB that episode 8 will be.

You guys are thinking way too much into a movie made to pander to the casual Star Wars fans. This was a movie for the "Oh hey, I remember Star Wars." people. Not for the fans like us who think about it every day.

You guys are thinking way too much into a movie made to pander to the casual Star Wars fans. This was a movie for the "Oh hey, I remember Star Wars." people. Not for the fans like us who think about it every day.

I see no reason why it couldn't be both, and in fact it felt that way to me. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

I do like Greedo. His flaw is that he's much better against melee characters because they can't interrupt him, but melee characters in general are not hugely common.

Question, what if he is defeated by the enemy's attack from Slow in the Draw? Can he attack twice? Or just the single shot from Parting Shot?

I do like Greedo. His flaw is that he's much better against melee characters because they can't interrupt him, but melee characters in general are not hugely common.

Question, what if he is defeated by the enemy's attack from Slow in the Draw? Can he attack twice? Or just the single shot from Parting Shot?

Just the shot from Parting Shot.

Just pretend everyone else is Jyn with Greedo.

Actually now that I think of it, Greedo is interesting. You'll probably want to use him as an objective runner that discourages enemy counter attacks with parting shot (and it will be a discouragement with him since he will likely be guaranteed the range and does good damage), but you'll also want to be very opportunistic about attacking enemies who can't hit back whenever you get a chance. Thinking of it that way, I can get behind it. So he's a cowardly smuggler first, and only a Hunter when the prey can't hit back. I like that.

That would be better in campaign if the imperial actually had objectives beyond "wound or stall the heroes"

If Greedo attacks Jyn, can she shoot him twice?

Once. Quick Draw must be triggered at the start of a hostile figure's activation. If Greedo attacks Jyn, she has either already used Quick Draw when Greedo started his activation, or she chose to not use Quick Draw.

If Greedo attacks Jyn, can she shoot him twice?

Once. Quick Draw must be triggered at the start of a hostile figure's activation. If Greedo attacks Jyn, she has either already used Quick Draw when Greedo started his activation, or she chose to not use Quick Draw.

Well, technically if the imperial player intends to attack Jyn, Jyn can attack him twice before he does.

Once when he starts his activation, then a second time when he declares the attack.

The difference isn't that Anakin is a boy and Rey is a girl, but that Anakin is 9 in the Phantom Menace and we are told for a fact that being this young and a slave, he had no opportunity, much less any experience, to fly any kind of spacecraft, only dinky Star Wars equivalents of racetrack cars and only ones that he built himself. We do not know that about neither Luke, nor Rey's past when we are introduced to their characters.

Episode I did a wonderful job of setting up Anakin as a.) being an exceptional pilot, beyond what would be expected of an inexperienced 9 year old, and b.) guided by the force very blatantly.

Only human who can fly pods.  Respected by Watto, feared by Sebulba, trusted by his mother.  Built the fricking thing himself.  Scene in the cockpit with the pilot identifying controls "you catch on pretty quick".  Had an astromech helping to fly the ship.  Blatantly demonstrated to pull things out of his ***:  first starting engines, then closing cockpit, then finding the weapons control all through 'luck', accidentally shooting torpedoes in the right direction for the main reactor.

It was blatantly obvious that Anakin had skills which were foreshadowed and acknowledged by EVERYONE, and it is very clear that he acts upon instincts which are guided by his force sensitivity.

None of that was even attempted with Rey.  She gets into the Falcon having flown nothing but a swoop or commenting on her flying abilities AT ALL, and is suddenly doing loop-ty-loops in the most cumbersome looking ship that normally requires two people in the cockpit.  

Was Anakin believable?  Possibly not, but at least we are told in no uncertain terms that his abilities stem from his being special and better in some regards than EVERYONE else.

There are a number of ways to eliminate or mitigate the drawback of Slow on the Draw:

• Shooting from a distance at figures that use a melee attack eliminates the risk of being attacked in return.
  • If an enemy is stunned, they can't interrupt Greedo's shot. The drawback here is there aren't a lot of mercenaries that can stun enemies for Greedo.
  • Weakened enemies can shoot back, but they are less likely to hit as hard.
  • Shooting from those occasional spots where Greedo has line of sight but the opponent doesn't allows him to fire away safely.
  • With an automatic accuracy and a surge for +3 accuracy, Greedo can out-range some other figures. This isn't very reliable, particularly with so many figures being able to spend a surge for accuracy, but a figure that is spending a surge to get the accuracy it needs isn't using that surge to add damage or a harmful condition. If Greedo can somehow become hidden, that further improves his chances of out-ranging his target. And Take Cover isn't great most of the time, but he can use it to both defend himself and possibly put himself out of range of the enemy.
  • Some figures, particularly with the guardian trait, can give Greedo some protection, through abilities like Keep the Peace, Sentinel, or Distracting.
  • Greedo is one of the few figures that can reliably get use out of the Brace Yourself command card, which gives +2 blocks when defending against an attacker that is attacking outside its turn. The only downside is that it must be played when the interrupting attack is declared, so the card could be wasted if Greedo dodges. Other command cards that can protect him include his own personal command card and In the Shadows (and Greedo can hit at range 4 fairly reliably, although it isn't guaranteed).

I don't think Greedo has to be built around. If he's just moving and interacting, he's a pretty healthy, fast 4-cost figure, which could help a lot with objectives, and if he does get killed, he can still get off a parting shot. And he's a good fighter on those occasions when he can pick his target. I wouldn't build heavily around him, but a couple of command cards or a guardian for protection can help him. How competitive he is will depend a lot on the metagame: do the missions in the rotation support his play style, and will he see a lot of melee attackers?

I see Greedo as the king of that one objective or terminal that's out of the way in the mission, the one you and your opponent at most send 2 figures out to mess with. Thing is, they won't kill him in one hit unless they are very lucky, and either he kills the other guy going for it outright with a solid Green/Green roll or kills him when he dies to enemy fire, making you both lose the objective and nullifying that issue for a bit. I'll use him with glee in this capacity.

I don't believe that would be the best way to utilize him. The threat of Celebration makes trading a squishy unique figure, no matter how cheap, with one or two of your opponent's terminal chumps fairly risky. I see Greedo as more of a hit-and-run skirmisher, darting all around the place between your troops, your opponent's troops and terrain pieces, to strike at specific targets while mitigating the slow draw thing by staying out of sight. I would never send him out alone. He needs to heroically hide behind his buddies to safely use his above-average attack.

He might be good, but time will tell if he'll be worth all the hassle, Mercs are getting more and more good pieces after all, and if the choice ends up being Greedo or another efficient and less conditional unit, I know who I'll scrap first.

Greedo is pretty good on his own. The problem is that he's not really better than 2 Hired Guns. His damage output is similar, he's a bit tougher with 1 extra health and no "disposable", but he's got a downside when attacking, and he's only 1 figure. 

Hired Guns are excellent for grabbing objectives and terminals. Greedo doesn't do that as well.

To me, he's just less flexible and less versatile than 2 figures, for not enough other benefits. 

Yeah that happens often, but they aren't there for damage.... ultimately, Greedo's range is better. 4.4 vs 2. He can surge for range but on two green dice, he's only averaging 1 surge ... so using that for range means he only puts out 3.6dmg. Hired Guns average 2.5 (each) but get more surges. Surging for damage gives him a respectable 5.6dmg but that's still hardly better than two hired gun shots (depending on defense dice of course).
You're still going to have to play super carefully with him, or more so because of Slow to Draw. 

Greedo is also worth killing... He's a whole activation, and worth double with Celebration. Hired Guns are rarely worth shooting at, especially if other better targets are around. That's why they are so good.... up close they can do good damage, they are worth bugger all and it's hard to justify shooting them, and if you do, you risk taking some damage back. 

That's why they're better than Greedo. Most importantly it's a whole extra body of sitting on terminals etc. 

Yes they are probably worse at combat than an imperial officer... but they also move faster, shoot back, and cost the same. 

If you're expecting them to do good damage, you'll be disappointed. They are a cheap, disposable harassment or objective unit. Greedo doesn't do any of that particularly well. And for 4 points.... I'd pay the extra 2 (temp alliance) and take Jyn instead. 

He's good, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he's better overall than hired guns. If you didn't get a free shot at him beforehand...yeah probably not bad, but that ability makes him much harder to play properly, and much harder to get good value out of.  

EDIT: forgot his free damage and range. fixed above. 

Edited by Inquisitorsz

Greedo is cheap figure who can go in and (might,slow draw!!) take some damage of people before dying.His health will keep him alive for a time, and for 4 points? thats pretty good!!

Edited by Mearsclusterblast

Fan Side:

Yes I would love to have Obi-Wan, Greedo and the Inquisitor in my game and not doubt I will buy them when they are released. These are a range of popular characters inside the Star Wars lore

Business Sense:

Yup FFG have basically used the ££ / $$ here and realised the potential for extra profit from the IA range, and introducing canon characters to a game which as it fair share of custom characters, so I can understand them wanting to cash in.

Campaign Sense:

Lets review the time line for IA, The 1st Death Star as just been defeated and the story continues...

The Grand Inquisitor - Dead at this point, and as been dead for several years

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Dead, having recently died on the Death Star before it was destroyed by Luke and the Rebellion

Greedo - Dead, having been killed days/weeks prior to the destruction of the Death Star.

So unless they are going to be introducing "Rebels" era tiles and expansion I dont see why the inclusion of these three characters now from a time line perspective

Edited by VirMortalis

Always said that FFG shot themselves in the feet with that Time Period (or the way its written) thing. Ruleslawyers will always point that out for a reason that FFG shouldnt be releasing minis from before the 1st Death Star like its a commandment from a higher power.

FFG will release whatever they want and those that dont like it only need to not buy them. Simple. No one is pointing a gun to the head to anyone not willing to buy.

Edited by Kentares

I think the next box will be pre Episode 4. Why? Because the logical move forward in Imperial assault timeline is post Endor (like post Yavin, Hoth and Bespin) The post Endor period is a HUGE question in the new canon. What is it? What happened? "Aftermath" the book plays with a small section of what happened, and Jakku's debris hints at something happening but we really don't know yet. I think Episode 8 and the books down the line of "Aftermath" will give us more information in this and I can just hear Disney saying to the creators of IA

"Just wait, we're working on it"
Because IA is not the medium in which they'll reveal the answer to that huge question in. When they do though, we'll see the IA version of it, no doubt. And in that, I think we'll get a big box.

FFG will release whatever they want and those that dont like it only need to not buy them. Simple. No one is pointing a gun to the head to anyone not willing to buy.

That's a bit harsh, I haven't yet seen anyone bothered by the pre-Yavin characters. People are simply wondering how they'll fit in the structure as we know it.