Sign in to follow this  
Electris

The Chains That Rust

Zaltyre : it's your point of view, but i'm not so sure about it. Many classes' 3xp cards are not so strong and avoidable, for example, berseker, and for the example of the disciple, I saw many players never picking Radiant light or Holy power. So, i'm not sure this is a real "detriment" to the heroes as you seems to say

Davachido : I saw sometimes a Runemaster take a melee weapon with inscribed runes, but that's all. I never saw a warrior using a Rune, for example, nor a bow.

I routinely use weapons that are different from the starting weapons of the character's class...

Right now I'm playing in a Mist campaign with Andira Runehand, disciple, wielding a ....rune. Because that rune is a better weapon for her than her starting weapon, and better meshes with her heroic feat... What's the point of being able to target a monster within 3 with your heroic feat if you're limited to melee range by your starting weapon's type?

I tried the sling, but the rune I have is just flat out better.

Right now I'm playing in a Mist campaign with Andira Runehand, disciple, wielding a ....rune. Because that rune is a better weapon for her than her starting weapon, and better meshes with her heroic feat... What's the point of being able to target a monster within 3 with your heroic feat if you're limited to melee range by your starting weapon's type?

I tried the sling, but the rune I have is just flat out better.

Yes, it means to be like that. But would you play a berseker with a rune ? a wildlander with a blade ?

Imagine as starting weapon Nanok of the blade with arcane bold and Runic knowledge ... Because the "battlemaster" is what it intends to.

Don't tell me theses are great ideas ... It does more looks like to a me a lack of ideas, so they tried out to mash component with some "rules" to help it.

I would have rather wanted a shapeshifting druid, a paladin healer tank, an arcanist, a rogue ...

Or even a more "classic" monk as a scout, or a mage only class as a battlemage made from the start to be a "warriormage", or whatever, but without mixing archetypes.

Even the "neutral" classing would have seems better idea to me. A class that all could have. Or biclassed heroes, maybe. But not classes, not at all, really. Sorry, but I'm not going to praise this one. And I'm going back to do my own custom classes and put them here when it would be ready

Edited by rugal

Zaltyre : it's your point of view, but i'm not so sure about it. Many classes' 3xp cards are not so strong and avoidable, for example, berseker, and for the example of the disciple, I saw many players never picking Radiant light or Holy power. So, i'm not sure this is a real "detriment" to the heroes as you seems to say

Davachido : I saw sometimes a Runemaster take a melee weapon with inscribed runes, but that's all. I never saw a warrior using a Rune, for example, nor a bow.

In my very first campaign, by the beginning of act 2, I had Grizban the Beserker walking around with Bearded Axe, Handbow, and a Dire Flail. Because dwarves are natural sprinters, you see, very dangerous over short distances...

I turned him into a walking death machine, sure I couldn't use all of my skills every turn, but he never had to sit back and wait a turn before reaching his opponent. My li'l death machine.

Once Leoric got a hold of the Ice Storm Rune he no longer needed his Sunburst Rune. Naturally I sold my Handbow and Dire Flail for that sweet gold and traded the Rune to Grizzy as my back up for whenever I couldn't get in close for the kill. Needless to say, the Overlord was not pleased.

Between my Macgyver Dwarf, Tomble the Thief moving around the map "Crossbowing and Flashpowdering" his way out of danger (and picking up all the search tokens), Leoric Immobilizing everything within range and Averic keeping everyone healthy I pretty much sailed through most of Act 2. Made Gryvorn my biiiitch too.

Edited by Luijod

Everything is amazing and all, but I just keep wondering, and the new condition? What I'm going to do with 8 cards and 10 tokens from the terrified condition  :blink:

Perhaps you may end up seeing all 10 of those tokens in use my friend. Remember, condition tokens and cards are NOT limited by the supply ;)

I cannot say for certain if the Terrify Condition cards will even be included in this expansion. They may very well be because of the monster contained in this Expansion being able to inflict the condition. If that's the case though, they will need to provide the tokens/ cards in this expansion for the purpose of it being played as it's own seperate campaign. While I plan to get both of these expansions, I would like to just point some cons out here:

-Each expansion (might) have sets of Terrified condition cards.

- Two Rulebooks- One Large Campaign ( or two small ones). 

-No heroes included in either expansion.

- Hybrid class cards that use previous classes in other expansions.

- 40 Bucks for each expansion.

I ask FFG to please never follow this format again. Either release a Big Box or a Small Box expansion. Include something for everybody. Because unfortunately this business model just makes it look like you're trying to do things half-A**ed while making us pay more for it. 

In my very first campaign, by the beginning of act 2, I had Grizban the Beserker walking around with Bearded Axe, Handbow, and a Dire Flail. Because dwarves are natural sprinters, you see, very dangerous over short distances...

I turned him into a walking death machine, sure I couldn't use all of my skills every turn, but he never had to sit back and wait a turn before reaching his opponent. My li'l death machine.

Once Leoric got a hold of the Ice Storm Rune he no longer needed his Sunburst Rune. Naturally I sold my Handbow and Dire Flail for that sweet gold and traded the Rune to Grizzy as my back up for whenever I couldn't get in close for the kill. Needless to say, the Overlord was not pleased.

Between my Macgyver Dwarf, Tomble the Thief moving around the map "Crossbowing and Flashpowdering" his way out of danger (and picking up all the search tokens), Leoric Immobilizing everything within range and Averic keeping everyone healthy I pretty much sailed through most of Act 2. Made Gryvorn my biiiitch too.

You're talking about an advanced campaign here. I'm talking about a starting campaign. If I hinted correctly, the battlemaster will be a mage-warrior. So, imagine on the introduction campaign Nanok runemaster's arcane bolt or Leoric wih the blademaster's axe ... weird on the intro.

As a monk, Lindel with disciple stuff too is weird ... I'm not sure I can be used to this.

Edited by rugal

I cannot say for certain if the Terrify Condition cards will even be included in this expansion. They may very well be because of the monster contained in this Expansion being able to inflict the condition. If that's the case though, they will need to provide the tokens/ cards in this expansion for the purpose of it being played as it's own seperate campaign. While I plan to get both of these expansions, I would like to just point some cons out here:

-Each expansion (might) have sets of Terrified condition cards.

- Two Rulebooks- One Large Campaign ( or two small ones). 

-No heroes included in either expansion.

- Hybrid class cards that use previous classes in other expansions.

- 40 Bucks for each expansion.

I ask FFG to please never follow this format again. Either release a Big Box or a Small Box expansion. Include something for everybody. Because unfortunately this business model just makes it look like you're trying to do things half-A**ed while making us pay more for it. 

Each expansion will include the terrify condition. Otherwise the monsters are useless. Two small box expansions (pricewise), two campaigns, I don't see a problem. Heroes? Get one of the many H&M packs. I don't think FFG needs to include heroes in their expansions with this flow of H&M packs, there are so many already:p. About the hybrid classes, I like the experiment let's see how it plays. This could be better than completely new classes because maybe the underused classes will finally get some attention (looking at you spiritspeaker and hexer) Untill then there is not much to say really.

You're talking about an advanced campaign here. I'm talking about a starting campaign. If I hinted correctly, the battlemaster will be a mage-warrior. So, imagine on the introduction campaign Nanok runemaster's arcane bolt or Leoric wih the blademaster's axe ... weird on the intro.

As a monk, Lindel with disciple stuff too is weird ... I'm not sure I can be used to this.

Your stance on this seems highly themetical. But what is wrong with a mage doing some excercise?:P vice versa, you don't need to be strong to swing a sword that is pure fantasy (a bow on the contrary).

Your stance on this seems highly themetical. But what is wrong with a mage doing some excercise? :P vice versa, you don't need to be strong to swing a sword that is pure fantasy (a bow on the contrary).

Maybe, but not only. In terms of gameplay, seeing lindel as a monk is strange, with his bow on his back and his sword on his hand

and as an Overlord, Basic 2 will be really strange to play against thoses weird heroes. Sign of weakness should be played on a healer class who's not gonna heal ...

Your stance on this seems highly themetical. But what is wrong with a mage doing some excercise? :P vice versa, you don't need to be strong to swing a sword that is pure fantasy (a bow on the contrary).

Maybe, but not only. In terms of gameplay, seeing lindel as a monk is strange, with his bow on his back and his sword on his hand

and as an Overlord, Basic 2 will be really strange to play against thoses weird heroes. Sign of weakness should be played on a healer class who's not gonna heal ...

I regard the picture on a card as theme:) And the monk class isn't strong enough on its own, it needs those healer skills. Vice versa, the healer hybrid class will have healing skills and will have to use them. 

Edited by Ceasarsalad101

About the conditions. Does Descent really need more? You can be poisoned, diseased, stunned, immobilized, burned, cursed, weakened, bleeding, doomed (not the same as cursed) and terrified. Maybe something like blinded which reduces you awareness by 2 points or so?

Let's have more!

- inebriated

- high

- bankrupt

- paralyzed

- charmed

- silenced

- schizophrenic (maybe this is hybrid class? ha)

- euphoric

- asleep

- addicted (must drink potions or suffer health loss)

- clumsy

- tardy

- beserked

- hipster

About the conditions. Does Descent really need more? You can be poisoned, diseased, stunned, immobilized, burned, cursed, weakened, bleeding, doomed (not the same as cursed) and terrified. Maybe something like blinded which reduces you awareness by 2 points or so?

Let's have more!

- inebriated

- high

- bankrupt

- paralyzed

- charmed

- silenced

- euphoric

- asleep

- clumsy

- tardy

- beserked

- hipster

Cool. Define the conditions. :)

In my own board game there is a lot more than I descent, too. I'd like to hear your ideas.

Let's have more!

- inebriated

- high

- bankrupt

- paralyzed

- charmed

- silenced

- euphoric

- asleep

- clumsy

- tardy

- beserked

- hipster

In my own board game there is a lot more than I descent, too. I'd like to hear your ideas.

Do we really need more?

Then "Bullied" must be the next: At the start of your turn Test Will, If Fail, the hero ( with most might ) adiacent to you must take an attack action against you. If pass then discard the "Bullied" Card.

Oh, yes. We need much more, imo. It would help to increase the variety of monsters too. I could name some, but first I'd have to think how it would work on descent. A short sample, tough: lycanthropy. You should test something at the end of the quest and if fail, you becomes a lycan and turns against your group. An specific overlord card should also put this in test once used, at any point. The hero should be defeated and then revived to get back to normal. Something like that.

Gotta say, Ardus Ix Erebus looks badass on the cover.

If I got this right, If you are a Warrior archetype (Like Syndrael as Knight), and get a card that links to another archetype (Warrior/Mage for example), Does it mean you get access to a Mage Class? (up to 2xp cards)

Also as a Warrior Knight, if you get (Warrior/Mage card), can Warrior Knight pick another Warrior Class like Berserker? 

Btw which Hero class combination you guys will pick for a certain hero?

If I got this right, If you are a Warrior archetype (Like Syndrael as Knight), and get a card that links to another archetype (Warrior/Mage for example), Does it mean you get access to a Mage Class? (up to 2xp cards)

Also as a Warrior Knight, if you get (Warrior/Mage card), can Warrior Knight pick another Warrior Class like Berserker? 

The hybrid class its a proper class from a archtype (monk is a scout class). In your example, the warrior hybrid cannot choose another warrior class (he cannot be a knight or another one), he can only choose a class from the another archtype (mage class) and have some proper exclusive skills. Basically, the hybrids enables a hero from one archtype to have acess the classes from another archtype, with some limitations.

Edited by kraisto

Let's have more!

- inebriated

- high

- bankrupt

- paralyzed

- charmed

- silenced

- euphoric

- asleep

- clumsy

- tardy

- beserked

- hipster

Do we really need more?

Then "Bullied" must be the next: At the start of your turn Test Will, If Fail, the hero ( with most might ) adiacent to you must take an attack action against you. If pass then discard the "Bullied" Card.

"Dizzy"

At start of your turn, test Willpower or Awareness, If Pass, remove condition.

Each action requires "fatigue", including rest.

"Broken Leg"

At start of your turn, test Might or Lore. If Pass, remove condition. (You will not lose the condition when Knocked Out)

You suffer "hearts" for each step you take, and you can only move up to 2 steps (You cannot spend "fatigues" to increase more steps)

"Insane"

At start of your turn, test Willpower. If Pass, remove condition.

Your attributes is reduced by 2 to a minimum of 1. if you fail the test 3 times, you are Knocked Out.

"Debt" - To the player that have the item that was bought "for free" from the shop.

After the Heroes 3rd turn of the game, The Overlord will spawn a Debt Collector on the exit/entrance and can move up to 5 spaces per action.

If the Debt collector reaches you, Overlord will test you Lore or Might. If Pass, remove the condition.

If Lore failed, you lose the item, lose all fatigue, and is suffered "Insane".

If Might failed, you lose the item, take half of your current "Heart" (rounded up) as damage, and is suffered "Broken Leg".

After the Fail incident, remove the condition.

Edited by Caporai

The hybrid class its a proper class from a archtype (monk is a scout class). In your example, the warrior hybrid cannot choose another warrior class (he cannot be a knight or another one), but he choose a mage class with his skills and have acess to three skills from the hybrid class.

Ah so:

Lets say "Logan Lashley", starts as a Monk, and he gets access to Healer class. Is that correct?

The hybrid class its a proper class from a archtype (monk is a scout class). In your example, the warrior hybrid cannot choose another warrior class (he cannot be a knight or another one), but he choose a mage class with his skills and have acess to three skills from the hybrid class.

Ah so:

Lets say "Logan Lashley", starts as a Monk, and he gets access to Healer class. Is that correct?

Yep, he can choose Disciple (or another class from the healer archtype) for example, acess the skills from that class, limited (no acess for the 3xp skills), but have three exclusive ones .

Monk skills:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/54/89/54892e82-d98f-4490-ace3-aa24e225ef35/dj44_inner-balance.png /

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c1/e5/c1e5b3fb-02fd-4a1e-a8c0-80e18d1002fb/dj44_open-handed.png

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/0e/7a/0e7a3838-d0d8-4ef7-bab1-955519fadbb7/dj44_vow-of-freedom.png

Edited by kraisto

Berserk- At the start if your turn, test Book. If you pass, discard this card or token. If you have fail, the Overlord may either move your hero a number of spaces equal to his speed or attack any.eligible hero figures.

The eventual Scout->Warrior hybrid is going to be nuts. Imagine Tomble with the Defend skill. Yikes.

Healer->Warrior would also be interesting, when Ashrian can be a a tank

So with scout -> healer (blue/green monk card) and warrior -> mage, what would be the two remaining combinations?

Obviously, they've left room for more hybrids in coming expansions.

So with scout -> healer (blue/green monk card) and warrior -> mage, what would be the two remaining combinations?

Obviously, they've left room for more hybrids in coming expansions.

Is it confirmed that battlemage is going to be Warrior -> Mage? I thought it would be the other way around, aka mage archetype hero picking warrior. If so, as the guy stuck playing as Overlord I can't say I'm looking forward to facing berseker/skirmisher Lysa or other deadly combination I'm sure is coming. If it's going to be warrior -> mage, I dread the tought of Alys or Orkell as a mage.