Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

TFA - No extended version on DVD??

So we have another 20 years or so before Hayden Christiansen, Ewan Mcgregor and Natalie Portman can do a sequel to the prequels. Is that how it works?

At any rate, I'm surprised Lucas had never recorded Mcgregor to dub into the OT trying to explain all the inconsistencies from the prequels.

There are several edits of Phantom Menace that make it better:

Not perfect, but better.

Thanks for posting that, I just watched and enjoyed it quite a bit. Takes away so much goofyness when the aliens speak alien languages! Only question I have is: How the hell are these on Youtube? Does Disney care so little that they don't take prequel material down?

Not perfect, but better.

Thanks for posting that, I just watched and enjoyed it quite a bit. Takes away so much goofyness when the aliens speak alien languages! Only question I have is: How the hell are these on Youtube? Does Disney care so little that they don't take prequel material down?

Great, glad I could show you that!

It all started with the Phantom Edit, which is also very good. You probably noticed the similar edits for AotC and RotS. They're all well done, and great at cutting out the extraneous poop/fart jokes. Funny how simply putting in alien language and subtitling the dialogue makes them so much more serious. They're still "kid" movies, and I'm 100% OK with that, but at least they respect those kids a bit more!!! 

As for why they aren't taken down, I guess it's because they aren't being distributed for profit, are formal critiques, of artistic merit, yadda-yadda-yoda...

Edited by Darth Lenny

Not perfect, but better.

Jeez that is some terrible CGI. Looks like a 2005 game. I forgot how bad TPM's CGI was.

Keep in mind O'yea children of the modern second... this was done almost twenty years ago, and was great for it's time.

Dur...

:rolleyes:

There are several edits of Phantom Menace that make it better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQBdRcgizc 

Not perfect, but better.

Jeez that is some terrible CGI. Looks like a 2005 game. I forgot how bad TPM's CGI was.

Keep in mind O'yea children of the modern second... this was done almost twenty years ago, and was great for it's time.

Dur...

:rolleyes:

Nope, sucked then, sucks now. ID4 was done 20 years ago and still ******* rocks.

Although I do appreciate the sarcasm.

I can't wait to show my 3 month old son all the star wars movies once my wife thinks he is old enough.

I'll show them in episode order of course. I'll have to see how the stand alone films work before determining when to show them.

Also as someone who loves the prequels, nothing gets me more upset than parents who purposefully don't let their children watch them. Are they worried they might actually like them?? Let them make their own choices on what they enjoy or not.

Edited by markcsoul

Not perfect, but better.

No "this is podracing" 10/10 :P

Okay but yeah definatly would kill all the poo jokes maybe ad in some of the cut scenes to fill up all the terrible stuff that was taken out. It would be dull but at least it wouldn't be as stupid as they are now.

Edited by Marinealver