Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

TFA - No extended version on DVD??

I haven't watched my DVD since I got it.  I know it's got deleted scenes.  Can you watch the deleted scenes added into the movie, though?  Man, if not, it will make me want to watch a pirated version just to have the scenes added in.  I hate having to watch a deleted scene just kind of detached from it all.

Scenes are deleted for a reason; they're no longer part of the film (and oftentimes aren't finished). Reinserting them into the movie at the correct chronological marker does not suddenly make them canonical or even complete.

All I needed with TFA was the 4th best Star Wars movie, it met that expectation in spades. It was a fun ride. Better than the prequels.

It would have been my third favourite if they didn't have another Death Star. It was completely unnecessary. The whole film was fine, even the destruction of Starkiller base. But the whole sucking a star into a planet to shoot through hyperspace and manage to divide itself to hit several planets at the same time was just dumb.

Could of had the same movie with the same plot and same script. Just replace the planet sized hyperspace solar gun with First Order agents in the Hosnian System bomb the Senate buildings and assassinate the politians in a coordinated attack. About five minutes of dramatic music and cut scenes.

But what do I know about creating space fantasy

Edited by RoK 98

All I needed with TFA was the 4th best Star Wars movie, it met that expectation in spades. It was a fun ride. Better than the prequels.

It would have been my third favourite if they didn't have another Death Star. It was completely unnecessary. The whole film was fine, even the destruction of Starkiller base. But the whole sucking a star into a planet to shoot through hyperspace and manage to divide itself to hit several planets at the same time was just dumb.

Could of had the same movie with the same plot and same script. Just replace the planet sized hyperspace solar gun with First Order agents in the Hosnian System bomb the Senate buildings and assassinate the politians in a coordinated attack. About five minutes of dramatic music and cut scenes.

There is a lot of stupidity in the film, because it was made for the know-nothing-ADD-Millennials as a soft reboot.

:lol:

There is a lot of stupidity in the film, because it was made for the know-nothing-ADD-Millennials as a soft reboot.

I keep forgetting that few possess our superior intellect......

.....and humility ;p

Edited by RoK 98

.....and humility ;p

Well yeah. We LOVE the **** thing because it IS an actual STAR WARS Film... just not as great as TOT was. I laughed and cried with it just like I do with the OT... cause. But that does not mean there is some nerd irrational fan blinder thing on my (our) very powerful brain-piece (s). I (we) just overlooked the dumb stuff because the good stuff was awesome-sauces!

;)

There is a lot of stupidity in the film, because it was made for the know-nothing-ADD-Millennials as a soft reboot. :lol:

.....and humility ;p

Well yeah. We LOVE the **** thing because it IS an actual STAR WARS Film... just not as great as TOT was. I laughed and cried with it just like I do with the OT... cause. But that does not mean there is some nerd irrational fan blinder thing on my (our) very powerful brain-piece (s). I (we) just overlooked the dumb stuff because the good stuff was awesome-sauces!

;)

Exactly

My biggest laugh was General Hux when he attempted a Hitler speech but sounded more like a cartoon megalomaniac. OK, what was ACTUALLY funny was him pronouncing "R" as "W" which reminded me too much of Life of Brian

"Welease Wodewick"

http://youtu.be/AX0XDHF3M60

Edited by RoK 98

There is a lot of stupidity in the film, because it was made for the know-nothing-ADD-Millennials as a soft reboot. :lol:

.....and humility ;p

;)

Exactly

My biggest laugh was General Hux when he attempted a Hitler speech but sounded more like a cartoon megalomaniac. OK, what was ACTUALLY funny was him pronouncing "R" as "W" which reminded me too much of Life of Brian

"Welease Wodewick"

A-Yah-Ups!!!

:rolleyes:  :huh:  :lol:

My rant back i december :)

"The "Giant Eyelashes of Doom"

Oh come on, for the force's sake come up with something new and creative!

And if its just a giant loadingstation for antimatter-loaded-freighters FTL-jump-pushed into another planet's sun to explode it.

Or big contraption not far from the sun moving with the sun all the time shadowing the planet - artificial semipermanent solar eclipse. Ere comes the dark side....

(Read the Zahn triology decades ago, if I remember correctly there was some abysmal large system of opening umbrellas really near the planet, shading it - would be less resource craving if you do it further away from the planet and nearer to the sun).

Voila you have an epic structure to attack. Without killing off the FO base already in the first movie. Instead after destroying the sunshading thingie, attacking the FO base would come later in later movies.

No again, a just bigger Deathstar with AGAIN a stupid achilles heel TOTALLY unguarded, even after FO clearly sees WHAT the handful of resistance X-wings are attacking.

Speaking of stupid x-wings, why not sending something bigger  (b-wings?, Y-wings?, something more capital?), or if they only have x-wings at least use bombs and proton torpedos.

At the very least let Ackbar or whoever TELL us why they send only all-purpose snubfighters only equipped with lasers."

I haven't watched my DVD since I got it.  I know it's got deleted scenes.  Can you watch the deleted scenes added into the movie, though?  Man, if not, it will make me want to watch a pirated version just to have the scenes added in.  I hate having to watch a deleted scene just kind of detached from it all.

Scenes are deleted for a reason; they're no longer part of the film (and oftentimes aren't finished). Reinserting them into the movie at the correct chronological marker does not suddenly make them canonical or even complete.

I rarely even bother with watching deleted scenes anymore.  If the movie was any good to begin with, they're probably just garbage.  As much as I like the LotR movies, I do find the existence of such far superior extended cuts a slight against them.  They cut out some choice meat but left a ridiculous amount of fat in the theatrical versions.  I'd wager a good editor could probably cut the extended editions down to something closer to the theatrical cut without losing too much in the process.

In the novelisation, the base doesn't actually suck in the star (that would be silly) but utilises some kind of dark energy/dark matter technology, in which the star acts as a catalyst. It's hand-waving to patch over one of the more egregious errors in JJs 'style over substance' school of film making, but I guess it's also canon?

Although it doesn't explain how the Starkiller Base then turns into a new star when it is destroyed (or why that new star is so tiny). Maybe all that energy that takes the form of a star, replacing Starkiller Base when it's destroyed, maybe that just dissipates with time, and the dark matter eventually burns off the original star and everything goes back to normal. That's what I'm going to tell myself, anyway.

Exactly

"Welease Wodewick"

The casting of Hux was my pretty much my only issue with the movie. No gravitas at all. They needed an older and more imposing figure, similar to Cushing's GM Tarkin.  Casting director's fault on that one. Everything else was fine in a space-opra-ey way. 

Edited by Darth Lenny

Exactly

"Welease Wodewick"

The casting of Hux was my pretty much my only issue with the movie. No gravitas at all. They needed an older and more imposing figure, similar to Cushing's GM Tarkin.  Casting director's fault on that one. Everything else was fine in a space-opra-ey way. 

Hux was one of my favourite parts/characters. I liked that he was young, fresh faced, fanatical.

I rarely even bother with watching deleted scenes anymore.  If the movie was any good to begin with, they're probably just garbage.  As much as I like the LotR movies, I do find the existence of such far superior extended cuts a slight against them.  They cut out some choice meat but left a ridiculous amount of fat in the theatrical versions.  I'd wager a good editor could probably cut the extended editions down to something closer to the theatrical cut without losing too much in the process.

You'd need to be an amazing editor to cut the Hobbit trilogy down to something that approaches watchable.

Exactly

"Welease Wodewick"

Hux was one of my favourite parts/characters. I liked that he was young, fresh faced, fanatical.

You know, Hitler was a cartoon megalomaniac. The tragedy was that the people bought his schtick and his insane ideas became the law of the land.

Makes you wonder what could happen if another cartoon character with stupid hair gets elected as the leader of a nation....

Exactly

"Welease Wodewick"

You know, Hitler was a cartoon megalomaniac. The tragedy was that the people bought his schtick and his insane ideas became the law of the land.

Makes you wonder what could happen if another cartoon character with stupid hair gets elected as the leader of a nation....

No problem, there won't be anymore elections for long, no matter who got elected, right now it is a choice between Barron Harkenon and Ceresi Lanister.

Fanatical I get, but the youth... it pulled me out of the movie like an Interdictor-class SD every time he came on. I bet he still gets carded at the cantina.

Fanatical I get, but the youth... it pulled me out of the movie like an Interdictor-class SD every time he came on. I bet he still gets carded at the cantina.

He's like the next generation. All the old guard died on the Deathstar and Jakku, the only people left who had any faith in the First Order were indoctrinated youths.

It'd be like if a Fourth Reich rose from the ashes of WWII, built almost solely from the Hitler Youth. It feels right to me that the only people so devoted something like the First Order would be people too young to remember the civil war and the Empire.