Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

TFA - No extended version on DVD??

I have to confess I am a bit dissapointed that the DVD version has no extended director's cut. Are there any information why? I don't think they will ever release another longer version. A pity.

Guys you got to wait to buy the BLUE-REY-SUPER-PACK!!!

:lol:

I waited three years to buy DAT BAMF'ing twelve disk version of The Lord Of The Rings... and it IS glorious.

I can do the same for this new STAR WARS...

;)

Please can you give yourself a "good post" medal ;)

I waited three years to buy DAT BAMF'ing twelve disk version of The Lord Of The Rings... and it IS glorious.

;)

^_^ TAY.

A1cWjMjnsjL._SL1500_.jpg

4445_1.jpg

BOO%2BTOPIC%2BGOOD%2BPOST.png

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

I've read a bit about the scenes that were cut from The Force Awakens, and I'm not sure there has ever been a movie as badly in need of a director's cut as this one.  A lot of my complaints could be fixed if they just had those little scenes in there to bring the film together more logically and actually establish important background information.

I haven't watched my DVD since I got it.  I know it's got deleted scenes.  Can you watch the deleted scenes added into the movie, though?  Man, if not, it will make me want to watch a pirated version just to have the scenes added in.  I hate having to watch a deleted scene just kind of detached from it all.  

I haven't watched my DVD since I got it.  I know it's got deleted scenes.  Can you watch the deleted scenes added into the movie, though?  Man, if not, it will make me want to watch a pirated version just to have the scenes added in.  I hate having to watch a deleted scene just kind of detached from it all.  

Nah Brah they are in a stupid-ass extras section, and the film is not one wit better than it was before this blatant BS-Cash-Graboid...

:o  :mellow:  :rolleyes:

Has there ever been an 'extended' release of any Star Wars movie? Nope.

And there are deleted scenes on the extra's disc in the Blu-Ray version (and included with the digital versions - ie: amazon digital)

Peter Jackson spoiled us all in regards to extras.

Edited by nathankc

Has there ever been an 'extended' release of any Star Wars movie? Nope.

And there are deleted scenes on the extra's disc in the Blu-Ray version (and included with the digital versions - ie: amazon digital)

Peter Jackson spoiled us all in regards to extras.

Yeah he did!

:wub:

;)

^_^ TAY.

A1cWjMjnsjL._SL1500_.jpg

4445_1.jpg

BOO%2BTOPIC%2BGOOD%2BPOST.png

I got that :) and the normal 3 disc version

and the VHS video tapes as well.

Cheers

Baaa

I've read a bit about the scenes that were cut from The Force Awakens, and I'm not sure there has ever been a movie as badly in need of a director's cut as this one.  A lot of my complaints could be fixed if they just had those little scenes in there to bring the film together more logically and actually establish important background information.

Having watched them, they provide almost nothing.  One is a super unnecessary scene that introduces Leia too early and has the characters explain the entire opening sequence like a bad TV recap episode.  Another spoils the arrival of the Resistance entirely.  The second major area cut was toward the end, where there's some work to make the base seem bigger than it did in the film, but ultimately adds nothing but some filler action to the busiest part of the film.

There's absolutely nothing in the deleted scenes that feels like it would have added to the film.  Nothing that makes Phasma more interesting or that better defines the primary cast in any way.  Only the Maz/Finn/Han escape scene is really worth watching at all in my opinion; and that's largely just to watch Harrison Ford be awesome.  

About the only deleted scenes I'd have left in would have been Kylo Ren on the Falcon and maybe Finn with the villager.  The X-Wings going to lightspeed looks really cool, but as was said, ruins the surprise of their arrival.

Of course, the BIG missing scene is the one of Maz giving Luke's lightsaber to Leia, the shot that was so prominently featured in the Celebration trailer.  But really, have Finn hand it to Maz to hand it Leia to hand it back to Finn?  And have Maz standing around the base with nothing to do?

About the only deleted scenes I'd have left in would have been Kylo Ren on the Falcon and maybe Finn with the villager.  The X-Wings going to lightspeed looks really cool, but as was said, ruins the surprise of their arrival.

Great... cause the movie needed another scene with Kylo saying "Han Solo..."