Sign in to follow this  
Grimhorus

Boba Fett crew card

Hi Everyone,

I am sure that this has been asked before but just in case here goes.

If you have Boba Fett crew and saboteur on the same ship can you trigger Boba's ability of the flip of a hit to a critical?

Also can a ship that uses proton bombs use his ability as well?

Thanks again for looking at this.

Hi Everyone,

I am sure that this has been asked before but just in case here goes.

If you have Boba Fett crew and saboteur on the same ship can you trigger Boba's ability of the flip of a hit to a critical?

Also can a ship that uses proton bombs use his ability as well?

Thanks again for looking at this.

Starrius has it right.

Boba Fett is triggered "After performing an attack, if the defender was dealt a faceup Damage card..." Since neither Saboteur nor Proton Bombs perform an attack, Boba Fett can't be used.

(Saboteur also can't be used because flipping a Damage card face-up isn't the same as dealing a face-up Damage card.)

Flipping and Dealing cards are two different things.

Although you may realize this as long as you DEAL a face-up card to the target ship Boba will trigger even if that card is immediately turned face down (Chewbacca) or even discarded without effect (Determination.)

I read somewhere on this board that Boba Fett triggered on an asteroid induced critical hit. I thought that that was the final conclusion. 

I think that was only if Boba's ship hit the target ship with a tractor beam and moved it onto said asteroid. If that happens, rolling for possible asteroid damage is part of the attack resolution.

I read somewhere on this board that Boba Fett triggered on an asteroid induced critical hit. I thought that that was the final conclusion. 

I think that was only if Boba's ship hit the target ship with a tractor beam and moved it onto said asteroid. If that happens, rolling for possible asteroid damage is part of the attack resolution.

Perhaps the only way that could possibly work as Boba's ship needs to make an attack and generally those don't lead to asteroid damage.

Perhaps the only way that could possibly work as Boba's ship needs to make an attack and generally those don't lead to asteroid damage.

I agree, it would be extremely rare, but stranger things have happened in this game. :)

I agree, it would be extremely rare, but stranger things have happened in this game. :)

You mean like having Corran landing what should be the killing blow on Fel's Wrath during the end step and seeing a face-up card dealt that actually will negate Fel's Wrath's ability during the one situation where it is actually pretty awesome.