Sign in to follow this  
shotbyscott

Faclon with Illicit upgrades.....

Sorry if this has come up already but look at the pic below

I think I see "Smugglers compartments".... YT 1300 only ... with Millennium Falcon title your falcon gains an illicet upgrade slot. and there are 2 Illicit cards included "Bur****** S*****" 

swx57_spread.png

If you compare the alignment of "YT1300" with the Millenium Falcon title, it's further over to the left.

I suspect it is "YT-1300 and YT-2400 only"

Bur... SL... - has the slam icon in real small.  "Your act[ion bar gains the] (SLAM) icon " seems a good bet.

It's

Your action bar gains the

[sLAM] icon.

After you perform a SLAM

action, discard this card.

Possibly; but they don't normally add actions to the bar for single-use cards... but I guess for SLAM it cannot be performed as a free action, so the normal 'ACTION: perform a blah as a free action' phrase wouldn't have worked.

I suspect it will be 'SLAM then take a damage' rather than single use.  Or at least, my YV very much hopes so.

After you perform a slam disable weapons hence the disable weapon token

That's part of the SLAM action and doesn't need to be noted on the upgrade.

True

It's

Your action bar gains the

[sLAM] icon.

After you perform a SLAM

action, discard this card.

Possibly; but they don't normally add actions to the bar for single-use cards... but I guess for SLAM it cannot be performed as a free action, so the normal 'ACTION: perform a blah as a free action' phrase wouldn't have worked.

I suspect it will be 'SLAM then take a damage' rather than single use.  Or at least, my YV very much hopes so.

I think you're probably right. Either damage, stress or (two) ion token(s). Would make sense to be forced to go slow after a Burst of Speed, or whatever it turns out to be called.

HMMMMMMM this is very interesting ... dont think i would slam with a yt-1300 but glitterstim or Inertial Dampeners would rock the rebel world

Glitterstim, 

And I thought Boba snorting space-coke seemed odd, now I'm picturing Han, Chewie, Lando, and Rey all getting blasted on glitterstim in the cockpit during combat lol. 

@OP: Not to be mean or anything, but did you seriously believe that in the age of social media, reddit and whatnot this days-old-news hasn't been dissected ad nauseam before? Did you truly think everyone missed this but you? I'm really curious.

And I thought Boba snorting space-coke seemed odd, now I'm picturing Han, Chewie, Lando, and Rey all getting blasted on glitterstim in the cockpit during combat lol.

Rey: "I didn't think there was this much green in the whole galaxy!"

Finn: "Umm Rey, we're still in space."

Rey: "Don't bring me down."

Glitterstim on the Falcon seems very dependent on which build you take. If you are taking the old title for Evades with C-3PO then Glitterstim looks pretty good. The current crop of Rey builds with the new Title and Kyle and Kanan probably won't benefit so much because this build nearly always has a Focus token.

Edited by Karhedron

@OP: Not to be mean or anything, but did you seriously believe that in the age of social media, reddit and whatnot this days-old-news hasn't been dissected ad nauseam before? Did you truly think everyone missed this but you? I'm really curious.

I've been away in Amsterdam for a few days ... did a quick search saw nothing and asked a question

When will this set be released? Do we know yet? I wanna pre order like....now! :P

Some time yet. It's still in development, it's likely that it will then be around 2 months at the printer, then 6 to 8 weeks on the boat and a week or two for shipping, so probably not in stores much before August at the very earliest.

what's more exciting than the illicit (not terribly useful on the currently useful falcons) is the compartment itself

it takes up a mod slot, but allows you to equip another mod while saying something about squad points

this most likely means either

• you may equip another mod that costs X or less squad points
  • as above, only you don't have to pay the cost (think Tie/x1)

the most expensive mods right now are SU and EU (both 4), so if there's a squad point limit you can BET these two will be disallowed

what does this mean? This means you can fix the less useful generics while not overpowering the already useful named pilots :D

the named pilots live and die with EU; they will never give it up. The generics, however, find it far less useful at lower PS. Large base boost is disgusting for blocks, but it's a prohibitive tactic at the point cost that the falcon and yt-2400 clock in at

imagine, however, if in disallowing EU smuggling compartment also

• has a negative point cost
  • gives a free mod (of X squad points or less)

in addition to allowing an illicit slot

that'd be pretty swanky, imo

what's more exciting than the illicit (not terribly useful on the currently useful falcons) is the compartment itself

it takes up a mod slot, but allows you to equip another mod while saying something about squad points

this most likely means either

• you may equip another mod that costs X or less squad points
  • as above, only you don't have to pay the cost (think Tie/x1)

the most expensive mods right now are SU and EU (both 4), so if there's a squad point limit you can BET these two will be disallowed

what does this mean? This means you can fix the less useful generics while not overpowering the already useful named pilots :D

the named pilots live and die with EU; they will never give it up. The generics, however, find it far less useful at lower PS. Large base boost is disgusting for blocks, but it's a prohibitive tactic at the point cost that the falcon and yt-2400 clock in at

imagine, however, if in disallowing EU smuggling compartment also

• has a negative point cost
  • gives a free mod (of X squad points or less)

in addition to allowing an illicit slot

that'd be pretty swanky, imo

Now all we need is a missile slot upgrade card(2 or 3 points, maybe 0 if FFG is feeling Generous), and ORS can go from terrible to 1 trick pony.