Sign in to follow this  
Furelli

Wave IX predictions

If the leak is a hoax they sure picked ships that are highly plausible to be in wave 9. My gut says the leak is right, and a real preview often appears once a leak happens. **cross fingers** wave 9 Friday!

1) ARC-170

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ARC-170

Plausible because it would be the Rebel counterpart to the TIE/sf with a rear arc. Hopefully the rear arc would have one less attack die to be thematic. Also has torp slots and astromech. Maybe comes with an astromech that buffs ordnance making it the Rebel torp boat.

I think it would be awesome if they released the ARC-170 as a three faction ship sold in one package, each one having it's own dial, pilot cards and abilities/upgrades. It would be an amazing, flexible addition to any fleet.

Edited by clanofwolves

I can't recall which podcast it came from but I clearly remember a game developer saying there will be a hard counter to U-Boats in Wave 9.

I'm not really all that concerned about U-Boats but I am interested in seeing what that counter looks like.

3) Mandalorian Fang Fighter

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fang_fighter

Plausible because it is from Rebels and Scum needs another small base ship. Would likely have 3 agility. Perhaps 4 hit points making it equivalent to A-wing & TIE/fo & TAP. Scum badly needs good ships in the 18-25 point range now that PS2 Y-wings are dead. Also having a 30 point ace, like the Inquisitor, would really be wonderful.

Completely agree. What scum need is a a-wing/TAP/TieFO equivalent.

It doesn't have Heroes of the Resistance on it, so I'm going to say fakeeeeeee.

Based on product numbers, it is pretty clear that HotR was developed AFTER wave 9.  It's completely plausible that a document that is only slightly dated would be missing this information.

Still think it's fake, but not on account of this.

Can I just say giving any TIE design a turret is just idiotic. They have those big panels (all of them) which would prevent firing at side arcs (and before you go off on all the space beneath remember we play a 2D game). Now giving a "turret like" weapon rear arc access that could be reasonable.

Amen brother. The TIE s/f looks like it was designed by a child. I'm frankly surprised the engines aren't a giant cannon.

JJ Abrams. Same thing.

"Astrocacciadel Prottettorato" seems to translate to "star hunting protector."  We sure that's a Mandalorian ship and not a TIE Star Hunter?

Caccia on its own translates as Fighter.  Also, further up on the list is a Caccia Kihraxz.  So I believe that "fighter" is the correct translation.

Very dubious as to the authenticity of the image though, despite my eagerness to translate it :)

Not convinced on the ARC.

And the ShadowCaster, I think it would end up being a Rebel ship rather than Scum.  I really don't think we'll see another large scum ship so soon either.

I'm 100% excited for a Rebel ARC-170!!!

-It's probably the best ship design from episodes 1-3 (which had some crap, but a lot of other decent stuff too).  

-It's also the ship that probably makes the most sense to persist into the Rebel era (as one of the design influences for the X-Wing, along with the Z-95) and very possible that one could show up in Rebels season 3 (We've seen A-Wings all thru S2, B-wings will likely remain a prototype until the battle of Endor, Its too early to introduce X-Wings, but they probably really wish they could... so why not one of its predecessors?).

-People who keep calling it "a prequel ship" are willfully ignoring the fact that it will not be a Republic ARC-170, but a Rebel ARC-170 and possibly incorporate a few slight design changes, (obviously the paint, maybe only 2 crew members, a slight change in the angles or geometry, etc.) Similar to how the Y-Wing and Z-95 changed from the Clone Wars Era to the Rebellion Era.

-It will Have a "new" gameplay feature, which is a rear arc small base for the Rebels (as opposed to Turrets all the time)

-It will utilize one of the Rebels signature upgrades: The astromech.

The Way that I would o it would be: 

Attack: 2 (with a rear AUX Arc)

Evade: 2 (its closer to an X than a Y and I'm sick of all Rebels only having 1 evade)

Hull: 4

Sheild: 2 (since it has better Agility than B and Y it should have less Hit points)

Dial: Close to a T-65, Maybe Talon rolls or Sloops as well? they would be far less useful on a ship with a rear arc anyway.

PS2 cost: 20 - Weaker attack, but better surviveability, and the rear arc helps a lot.

Actions: Focus, TL (maybe SLAM? Not Canonical, but feasible. Not very useful either, but where else will we ever see this action used?)

Upgrades: Crew, Astro, Torp x2,

Title Card: ARC-170(some other letters) - When performing primary weapons attacks from your front arcs, you may increase your attack value by 1. Cost:3

Modification Card: Upgraded ARC-170 - Your Upgrade bar gains either a [Cannon], [system], [bomb], [Missile], or [Crew] slot. Cost:1

Modification Card: Heavy ARC-170 -  Your Upgrade bar gains 2 of the following icons: [Cannon], [system], [bomb], [Missile], or [Crew]. The two Upgrades must be different. Cost:3

The title card is the cleanest way I could think to make the front and rear arcs different values. Thought about not limiting it to primary attacks to make the thing an Ordinance Boss, but that could be OP.

The two modification cards may add too much flexibility, but I like the Idea of ARC-170s that survived for Rebel use being heavily modified for different roles, even more so than all the different versions of the Y-Wing that existed by that time. It also lets the basic upgrade bar remain fairly simple if you want a stripped down version. You could also potentially take away the EPT slot when you equip the modifications.  Or maybe no Pilots should have EPT anyway? Maybe the EPT could only be added as a title upgrade, precluding it from being equipped with the other title?

Khun2MI.jpg?1eJinfq9.jpg?1Of course the Imperials would have to get a totally new astromech slot.

It's only got two guns mate.

And they are ******* huge.

Why would the ARC have less hull than a Y-wing?

Imperial ARC-170s and V-wings ARE CANON. I would love to see them. I would also like to see Rebel ARCs and Scum V-wings, and let's face it, those would be far more likely since non-TIEs for Imps is a no go. At the very least please give us Vader in an Eta-2!!!! That thing is more of a TIE than the Phantom!

Khun2MI.jpg?1eJinfq9.jpg?1Of course the Imperials would have to get a totally new astromech slot.

It's only got two guns mate.

And they are ******* huge.

They are however medium lasers same as the x-wing carries but it has four.

And the guns are so far apart you'd be lucky to hit any kind of fighter with even one of them, let alone both.  One or two attack tops.  Or, we can just pretend this stupid thing never existed and get something more interesting and fun.  (Seriously though, I have no idea where this thing is from.  Some scene in the  prequels obviously, but there was no memorable space combat in those films.)